The Video Game HELP! thread

Discuss TV, movies, books, and all non-Armored Core games or gaming systems here.

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

Should this be made into a poll so the Auto-prune doesn't eat it?

Yes
44%
Yeah
56%

Total votes: 18
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:39 pm

I'm going to presume it's a PokeRadar Pokemon. You're better off catching it in one of the GBA games and trading it up, or GTSing it. PokeRadar doesn't work well and is a bad concept. Also, Serebii > Marriland.
Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies
Current Avatar: Fumika of Shigofumi, by J-Nav
PSN Tag: VegaVaikyuko
"Women are angels of mercy to me." -- Edgar Allen Poe
[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:42 pm

Would be nice of them to share that information with me. How the hell do I get a pokeradar?

I hate this freaking game now. I can't play LeafGreen, as it has a save file already, and I'm not going to BUY another game and play it up to get ONE DAMN POKEMON. They raped my wallet with the tcg years ago, I'm not falling for that shit again.

EDIT: It's not a pokeradar pokemon, apparently.

I NEED THE GODDAMNED NATIONAL POKEDEX.

This game sucks balls. Someone with a low-level Vulpix and/or Growlithe please meet me in the Pal Park asap?
In a world of black and white, you are the only one in color.
- Trapt, Only One in Color, the theme of Generation of Metal,
an online visual novel by Setsuna, currently in development hell.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Pal Park isn't where you trade Pokemon. You upload them (permanent trade up) from a GBA cart in the bottom slot. You want to go to the basement of a Poke Center.

Were my connection better, I'd see if I had a Vulpix available anywhere in FireRed or Emerald, but it's a moot point since I can't connect. Again, try going to the GTS. You might find it there, provided you've seen it in game.
[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:52 pm

I have no idea what GTS stands for. I've never seen it in the game, and I can't play the file on LeafGreen. I'm going to go swallow the cart and hope I choke to death on it now. Farewell.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:00 pm

Global Trade Station. In Jubilife City (D/P, first major metropolitan area in the game) it's located in the lower left corner and has a woman blocking it who only lets you through provided you have at least one badge. From there it's pretty straightforward; enter into the place, talk to the guy at the counter, check for anyone offering Vulpix, and if nothing, offer something yourself and ask for a Vulpix of any gender/level in return. Also, you can only look for said Pokemon if you've seen it in game. So for example, I have never seen the Pokemon Togepi, be it on/offline (ie, multiplayer battles or single player campaign), so I cannot request it.
[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:02 pm

Thanks much for your help, LV. Good to know that for future reference. Thanks for the website suggestion, too.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:06 pm

No problem. Let it be of noting also that I am available with quite a few Pokemon, once my connection sorts itself out. I also have most of the unavailable legendaries.
[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:10 pm

Awesome.

OH! I just got the ok to catch a fresh Vulpix in LeafGreen and have done so. Now what do I do to get it on my Pearl file? Sorry to be a bother.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:20 pm

It's really no bother; in fact, I <3 Pokemon so much that this is enjoyable. Anyway, to transfer it to Pearl, you'll need to go to the menu thing where you load your saved game and then click the "Migrate from LeafGreen to Pearl" option. I'm not sure if you MUST upload six, but I don't believe so (six a day per inserted cart). From there, go to Pal Park (Surf from the bottom of Sandgem; you're aiming for the small town-type dot on the map all the way to the right). Once there, enter and Oak should talk to you. Ignore his oaken speech, and just head in. Go to the Pal Park counter guy, and then talk to him to start the catching show. Basically, it's just a minigame; throw the Poke Ball at the Pokemon, you'll catch it 100% and there's no difference or change whatsoever. It's annoying, but it works. For this, because you can't use your fishing rods, bring a Pokemon that knows Surf, and be ready to walk a fair bit around the course to catch what you're after (Vulpix should be in the mountain range grass).

After you've caught it/them, save and win.
[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:23 pm

I love you.

EDIT: Why does this game insist on fighting me? I don't have any pokemon with Surf, and there's no such option at my load menu. All I have are "Continue", "New Game", and Nintendo WFC settings".

HAET LYF
Last edited by [刹那] on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:25 pm

Awww...I love you too, Sets. But I'm a girl, so it's not allowed~! :wink:
AU Gundam Raven
Raven
Location: Cebu, Philippines, land of great roast pig (better known as lechon)

Postby AU Gundam Raven » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:07 am

Lord Vega wrote:Awww...I love you too, Sets. But I'm a girl, so it's not allowed~! :wink:

All this time, I thought you were a guy. Oh well. The internet is such an amazing place.

*Starts smiling like Shu Shirakawa from SRW Original Generations*

AHAHAHHHAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAH!!!! :twisted:

Don't get any wrong ideas, ok?

As for games...K...Question for owners of Super Robot Wars Advance. How should I go around with this game? I keep getting headaches with all the complicated crap that goes around with the points. I also think that you should plot out from the beginning the series you want to use unless you want to lose the hard earned points all for naught. Any tips? Or should I start a new game?
I'm a general mecha fan. Anythin from Macross to Gundam, Getter to Mazinger, Armored Core to Grendizer!

Fusion of quotes from Heero of Gundam Wing and Ryoma of Getter Robo:

Target. Lock-on...

GETTER BEAM!!!

http://www.phpbbcity.com/gundamtw/index ... m=gundamtw
[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:37 pm

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pal_Park

To unlock Pal Park, the player needs to have seen all Pokémon in Sinnoh's regional Pokédex and then show their accomplishment to Professor Rowan in his lab. After this has been done, Professor Oak himself will show up to both upgrade the Pokédex to National mode and to invite the player to come to Pal Park.

I spend all day getting HM03 and the badge to use it, and then I learn this shit. I hate this fucking game. What I hate even more is how Deemer has rubbed off on me over the years - I hate this game so much, I am determined to beat it in such a manner that it will somehow FEEL PAIN.
RoD
The Greatest Nightmare

Postby RoD » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:26 am

Alright, I know this has been answered before, but I can't find the specific thread. A friend of mine got an 80 GB PS3 for Christmas, and I'm trying to advise him on how reverse compatible it is, or how safe it might work period, despite the rumors.

I pretty much remember hearing the 80GB had near no RC, is this correct? Or am I mistaken?
The Raven of Darkness still exists. He simply lurks in the... well, the Darkness. >.>

"You Must Construct Additional Pylons. You Have Not Enough Pylons. You Require More Pylons. Not Enough Pylons."

XBL : ROFLcoptorz
Ditto 88
Elite Raven

Postby Ditto 88 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:42 pm

Raven of Darkness wrote:Alright, I know this has been answered before, but I can't find the specific thread. A friend of mine got an 80 GB PS3 for Christmas, and I'm trying to advise him on how reverse compatible it is, or how safe it might work period, despite the rumors.

I pretty much remember hearing the 80GB had near no RC, is this correct? Or am I mistaken?

Its the 40gig that has no backwards compatability. I just got it. It does tend to get pretty hot when i run it. But I usually keep it in an open area, and sometimes next to an open window (its the winter-time.. the thing doesnt get hot at all when I do this.) as of rumors about the PS3 being REALLY loud when you run it for a long time, I've been playing dirt online all day with no problems. every console has rumors. But why would a company release a system that tthey know is flawed? I doubt that any of the merits have any value. It should run fine.. Unless you keep it in a really closed off space or something. or on carpet.
Most people who talk bad about it, i've always found that they dont know anything about computers, nor anything about technology in general.
I am the best pilot for Gundam.
Booyaka
Veteran Raven

Postby Booyaka » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:12 pm

40 gig has ps1 BC just not ps2 BC, also.

you can play all ps1 games on your ps3 over psp remote play naow :-)
I'm just some scrub now, working on it tho.
Lionhart
The Crimson Rose

Postby Lionhart » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:46 pm

I moved the Polybius discussion to it's own thread in General Media, as I didn't want to spam up this sticky.
Laguna
Raven
PSN: AC-Laguna

Postby Laguna » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:02 pm

Lord Vega wrote:Awww...I love you too, Sets. But I'm a girl, so it's not allowed~! :wink:

Really? You speak like guy, no offense ¬¬
Squall wrote:Your Collared in FA could have like...found the data, or inherited it or something, or like...your the son of White Glint OMFG ZOMGTEHINHERITANCE!!!!

Promethius
Ginga Bishounen
PSN: Deathgeese

Postby Promethius » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:13 pm

@Laguna: Don't worry. I'm sure there's no offense taken. She gets that lot.
Laguna
Raven
PSN: AC-Laguna

Postby Laguna » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:43 pm

I'm sorry but when I hear the word LORD, automatically my brain says MALE
Squall wrote:Your Collared in FA could have like...found the data, or inherited it or something, or like...your the son of White Glint OMFG ZOMGTEHINHERITANCE!!!!

Return to “General Media”