Daemon X Machina

Mech games that aren't Armored Core.

Moderator: AC Moderators

Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Daemon X Machina

Postby Griffon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Nintendo has just announced at E3 2018, a new customizable mecha game by Marvelous Entertainment coming to the Switch. But here's the kicker:
It's produced by Kenichiro Tsukuda, who produced Armored Core 2 through Nexus, or as we old fogeys know them, "The best ones". Also on board is classic AC designer Shoji Kawamori. So yeah, it's not an AC game, but it definitely has its DNA.

We may not have gotten a trailer for Armored Core 6 this year, but dare I say, we just may have gotten something even better. Considering how many of us here at The Garage haven't taken too well to many of the new AC games, this could be the game we've been waiting for.

Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Re: Daemon X Machina

Postby Griffon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:46 pm

They showed off a little bit of early gameplay as well. So we've got a customizable pilot, and a hangar bay that displays weapons in your inventory (Looking at 3:25 you can see what it almost certainly this games KARASAWA). You can pick up weapons and parts from fallen enemies, as well as environmental items like cars and structural supports to use as improvised weapons. I believe you can keep enemy weapons and parts, but I doubt you'll be able to hang on to a broken I-beam after the mission. Admittedly some of the animations look a little unpolished, but hopefully they're still working on that.

Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.

Return to “Mech Games”