13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Mech games that aren't Armored Core.

Moderator: AC Moderators

Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Postby Griffon » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:09 pm

So at TGS a few months ago Atlus announced a new mecha game by developer VanillaWare. VanillaWare games are well known for their stunning visual style and tight gameplay, I've played and loved both Dragon's Crown and Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and want to play through their remake of Odin Sphere. So I'm a bit of a fan of their work and am certainly going to be keeping my eye on this one!

Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Blight
Master Enforcer
PSN: BlightAC

Re: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Postby Blight » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:31 am

The visual style is pleasing, it's interesting. The gameplay, if that's what some of that was, looked a bit flat though, kinda JRPG like. Not really my style.
ACGarage is now on teh Facebooks.
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Re: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Postby Griffon » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:14 pm

You do have a point there, but I have a feeling it's not indicative of gameplay if their older games are anything to go by. The two games I've played were quite action oriented with some RPG leveling mechanics, Muramasa being a side-scrolling hack-&-slash, and Dragon's Crown being more of an old-school beat-em-up with a healthy dose of Gauntlet. That's not to say this game is guaranteed to be like those, they could very well be going for a slower JRPG style with this one, but just felt like pointing out that most, if not all, of their past titles have been pretty squarely on the action side of the scale.
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.

Return to “Mech Games”