ACSL: Lanius

Post your AC designs here for review. You can also find discussions about design tips here as well.
(No autoprune.)

Moderator: AC Moderators

Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

ACSL: Lanius

Postby Griffon » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Just a thought I had running around in my head, more for fun than actual viability, though I'd certainly need to brush off the cobwebs before trying this one out. I've always loved the pilebunkers, in almost any game they're in, but given how hard they are in the PS2 AC games, I've never made a design with one until now.

AC: Lanius

Head: CHD-SKYEYE
Core: CCL-01-NER
Arms: MAL-RE/REX
Legs: CLF-DS-SEV
Boost: MBT-NI/GULL
FCS: PLS-SRA02
Gen: CGP-ROZ
Rad: RMR-ICICLE
Inside: -
Ext: CWEM-R10
Back R: CWC-CNG-300
Back L: MWM-S42/6
Arm R: KWB-MARS
Arm L: CLB-LS-2551

Option: S-SCR, E/SCR, S/STAB, E/CND, LFCS++

I was considering using the SBR44 pilebunker instead, as I remember Booyaka teaching me before that you shouldn't try going for the pilebunker shots more than 4 times, but that was also in Ninebreaker and Last Raven, when hangar weapons were an option. Given there's no options for a hangar weapon I went for the MARS. A little less power but more chances to use it.

EDIT: Decided on a different name, and a few changes, signified by green.

Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Deemer
Mad Scientist

Re: ACSL: Lanius

Postby Deemer » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:46 pm

is that....a stabby quad?! not just the parry, but the poke of doom too, i love it lol. all jokes about the blades aside, you should dedicate yourself to stabbing IBIS to death with the parry and record it, lol. I saw someone do that once, I don't remember who. I think it mighta been rebel, cuz he busted out a hover parry AC in SL for fun at the end of his the NC tourney.

I think my fav novelty/experiment AC to do is always a titan missile AC. was always fun to bust something like that out in a 4 player match, lol
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I invented it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what would happen if I do" - Gune from Titan AE
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Postby Griffon » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:11 am

Deemer wrote:is that....a stabby quad?!

The stabbiest of quads that ever did stab.

Deemer wrote:I think my fav novelty/experiment AC to do is always a titan missile AC. was always fun to bust something like that out in a 4 player match, lol

Haha yeah I had a build like that in AC4. It was actually quite effective since Large Missiles in that game were way better than the TITANs.

I can't decide for this build though. Should I keep the gatling for close range, since that's where I want to be most of the time anyway? Or should I substitute the LQ/15 for better ranged abilities and the weight reduction to get a better missile launcher?
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Deemer
Mad Scientist

Postby Deemer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:28 am

an LQ might be better if you have good lockbox control. the chaingun can help deter more aggressive playstyles, but The "shock" value of being hit by the LQ could help you rush in for a hit. The bright flash in your face and actual knockback of the hit can fluster people.

....all assuming its against another human player that is.

it would break the theme of the design, but if you want to prioritize the parry blade. the left arm howitzers stun make them the best weapons in the game for locking enemies in place or grounding airborn enemies. the knockback/stun from a hit from the the one heavier howitzer(Mirshan calls it the godhand) almost guarantees the enemy will fall completely to the ground before they can try to dodge again. though it would be terrifying going into a match with a parry blade but no infinite ammo weapon like the laser blade.
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I invented it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what would happen if I do" - Gune from Titan AE

Return to “Designs Section”