Updates and Reshuffle

Important information about the board and site. Includes the board rules which should be read by all!

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

Blight
Master Enforcer
PSN: BlightAC

Updates and Reshuffle

Postby Blight » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:35 am

Every time Blight comes around he wrecks everything...

Okay, I didn't really wreck things... well intentionally.

UPDATES:
- Forum Code Updated, new version of phpBB, all the latest shiny features.
- New Styles available. They're all this Digi thing, but it's consistent, and you should hopefully find a color scheme that's at least tolerable. You can edit your preferred Style in your User Control Panel (there's a person icon on the top, click it. Wait, no not there you pervert!)
- ACGarage logo. Yeah, I took some time (and money) and created a new ACGARAGE forum logo that you see at the top of the forums. So it's not "insert generic forum icon here" logo. Totally Pro.
- Compacted the forums. Armored Core is what brought us together, but a lot of folks still come to ACGarage because of the community that developed here. I'm working on ways to arrange the forums so that we as a community have means to further interact with each other, and hopefully game together, even if it's not Armored Core. I didn't remove any forums, however, some have been moved into a sub forum of another forum. You can click on the subforums directly on the link under the primary forum, or go to the primary forum, and see additional subforums listed in there. I'm hoping any new posts get updated so that you can quickly glance at the main index to see where the new posts are.
- Lots of cleanup. I basically got rid of a lot of bot accounts, and hopefully not anyone important. Basically I removed all accounts with no posts. It's possible people created accounts solely to lurk, but those people are weird. We don't make eye contact with them, lest they steal our souls. Still if you're affected, I apologize.

Some things in the works:
Wordpress implementation. I'm starting work on this, but I want to get the Forums setup first. It was something that was asked for... like 6 years ago. So you know... better late then never? :P There is a hangup though, as the forum code is so new, I have to wait for another add-on to update for cross-functionality. The plan is to have a single user account across the ACGarage site. Anyhow, Wordpress should help make the main page look better and allow interested parties to participate in creating content.

It may all be too little and too late. This effort is for those who have stuck around this community and hope for the days of old. That small, tight knit community. I know a lot of community members have moved on but I wonder what cool things everyone has been up to. I hope you've been having fun with what you've been spending time with.
ACGarage is now on teh Facebooks.
Blight
Master Enforcer

Re: Updates and Reshuffle

Postby Blight » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:29 pm

RSS, or well ATOM, which is ... I dunno.

Anyhow, feed available now:
http://forum.acgarage.com/feed.php

More information here: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2029415

I may specialize the feed. Or just provide links for specific forums, etc. Anyhow, new posts in your RSS Reader (Limited to what guests can see.)
Blight
Master Enforcer

Re: Updates and Reshuffle

Postby Blight » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:30 am

Icons! Sweet, sweet icons. Added some forum icons. I know I'm moving away from an Armored Core centric site, but I'm still going to use cool AC mechs when I can. :D

Return to “Announcements”