What's everybody been up to?

Free for all forum, rules still apply.

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

The Dark One
Psychosexy
PSN: TheDarkOne198

Re: What's everybody been up to?

Postby The Dark One » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:00 pm

HEEEEEEEY MOBIUS! been a while for sure haha. you have missed all the same things as me,likely. I live under a rock. More like a mountain. I dont even have a PS4,like so many others do. I figure by the time I get one,the next one will come out,or maybe that "higher power PS4" the rumor mill is grinding on. Not that I am too interested in PS4,there is nothing on it I care about much,except maybe Bloodborne,which I will get one day for it. I am more into PC gaming and just got 300 bucks worth of bitcoin,which I will use to buy a mining contract to keep it rolling in. Will use the bitcoin to buy things on Newegg,ultimately which will include a PS4 some day,after PC things have been fulfilled haha. Looking forward to all that,once I get the hashpower upgraded enough. Hopefully some of you know what I am talking about,lol.
AV courtesy of HAPPY!
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:16 am

SHIIIT, Mobius, YO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!??

yeah, I hear something about SKype? I'd be up for it, hit me on the name temjinanasazi there! if you search for it it'll come up with a pic of Squall and the name Su'Karu El'Dymon

Also if anyone wants a quick action japanese game, Phantasy Star Online 2's JP servers are alive and well and you can find me there

I will leave this song for ya'll in the meantime.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

Yeah. Watch that.
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Postby Griffon » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Good to see you swing by, Mobius. It's been a while

And "True Survivor" is f**king legit. If you liked that, Squall, you might like this too.
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Achilles
Raven
PSN: Necrovore
GamerTag: ONE117SE7ENTEEN

Postby Achilles » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:19 am

Ah, I miss this place. Reddit is such a echo chamber of morons. Probably all the damned kids out there. I'm in my thirties now, and I feel old. I act old. I'm super jaded. I can't help but feel I've already seen this life's high water mark. So many friends and family have died over the years, a lot of of them to drugs and alcohol. My body is starting to shit out on me even though I have pretty much always ate right and exercised; my knee probably needs surgery at some point, along with my elbow. Ageing is happening so fast and...I guess naturally, that it's scary. I mean, it's already going to be Christmas again. Passing the Back to the Future date in October really messed with my head. I don't play video games much anymore, but they all seem like half finished garbage. I can't seem to get into new things and I've really just been forced to become a nostalgia junkie. I wonder if this is just part of the process and how everyone feels, because I remember so many people over the years lamenting the "good old days". Now I'm exactly like them.

On a more positive note, I've been thinking of getting back into Gunpla also, but man...those things are different beasts nowadays. I remember building the first Master Grade kit they ever made almost 20 years ago; the RX-78-2 Gundam. I thought that was a bitch. Then new ones have complete inner frames and all kinds of insane details. It's almost overwhelming. I do enjoy seeing the crazy builds that get entered in competitions.
"There ain't no trees in Botswana. I should know. I am a Botswanian lumberjack and I ain't never had a job." - Ernest P. Worrell
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:04 am

SO Yeah, I've been doing stuff, surviving. Lost friends, family to fatalities, its been a brutal time, but.....I'm a stubborn punk so, I've gotten through it.

I've been distracting myself with games and such, Phantasy Star Online 2 is a big one for me right now.

Oh and, apparently the forum just got a rehaul?
Blight
Master Enforcer
PSN: BlightAC

Postby Blight » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Yes it did. Also you should fix your Avatar. The broken image thing is messing up my pretty new forums. :P

Kung Fury changed my life. I'm not sure how... but I'm pretty sure in a positive way.

As I see some of you have done, I've definitely moved away from Console gaming to PC gaming. Well, maybe not moved away as much as focused mainly on PC gaming.

Personally, I've been married (for almost 10 years now... damn) and have a son. My son and I game together, but that's mainly Minecraft. I also have a decent job and recently went from Workstation support to Server support. It's a nice opportunity to grow.

My main gaming time goes into MMO's. I like the relatively constant development, and finding something new to do, or play with in the game every few months. As far as mechs go, it's been Mechwarrior Online for me. I used to hate those slow mechs, that you couldn't even really jump around with. However, I'm older now, and that's about the right pace for me. Also, there's some mechs in there with some decent fast movement and jump capability. Mainly I have a sickness though, and just like collecting mechs.... even though they're just digital and I can't touch, hold and cuddle with them. Painting them digitally, though, which is mainly choosing a pattern and colors is well within my skillset.

Anyhow, I'm hoping to find some "common ground" with some Raven's here where we can at least get together once more and game. Turn the site into a gaming community instead of just an Armored Core community. We'll see how that goes.
ACGarage is now on teh Facebooks.
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:08 pm

I like the sound of that, common ground and getting back together!

Well if anyone plays ESO I also do that but I just got into it. and daaaaamn Blight, NICE! Congrats on all of that, thats great to hear!

Avie issue? Oh, sure, one sec here....aaaand DONE!
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Blight wrote:Personally, I've been married (for almost 10 years now... damn) and have a son.

You have a mini-Blight?!? Oh no…

No seriously, congrats dude.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Deemer
Mad Scientist

Postby Deemer » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:15 am

holy crap, I was told me you were back Blight and I had to stop in. its awesome to hear from ya again, you still live in NY?
and congrats on the wife, and the kid.
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I invented it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what would happen if I do" - Gune from Titan AE
Blight
Master Enforcer

Postby Blight » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks all! Yeah, having a child is a crazy thing, but it's also rewarding in it's own way.

Deemer! Heya man. Yes, still in NY... although I've been trying to convince the wife to move South. It's good to hear from you, I hope things are well on your end!
Deemer
Mad Scientist

Postby Deemer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:58 am

Things are good, I do PC repair for a living and mostly do PC gaming as well.
I still hang out with the old crew, Wraith(who lives in NYC now), Mirshan(who moved down to Westchester) and I still get together often.
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I invented it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what would happen if I do" - Gune from Titan AE
Blight
Master Enforcer

Postby Blight » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:28 am

Ah that's cool. It's funny, the name Deemer seems popular in some PC games. There's a Deemer in Mechwarrior Online, and I was all like, "Deemer, from ACG?" He was all like, "What? Shut up and die!" I knew it wasn't you when he didn't try to kill me with missiles.
Deemer
Mad Scientist

Postby Deemer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:35 am

lol, thats interesting. I played a bit of mechwarrior online back in beta.
I actually got the name a long ass time ago from character in the game Heroes of Might and Magic that I used love playing.
http://heroes.thelazy.net/wiki/Deemer
Fenrir
RocketMan
PSN: Steel_Scyther

Postby Fenrir » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:07 am

I come back to check up on this place, and it's all different? Whaaat? (nice. I like it.)

Definitely wouldn't mind gaming with you folks again. Had some good times for a while there. I've been playing Dirty Bomb and Dark Souls 3 with the occasional game of Tribes Ascend and a run here and there in Elite:Dangerous. Very much so looking forward to the Tribes spinoffs like Midair and Novakin.
Was thinking about picking up an MMO, but haven't found one I really want to get into -- most have a pretty steep power curve for leveling, and I can't put in the time required to keep up with others.
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:46 pm

Hahaha, I think Dark Souls is the closest thing to an MMO I'll ever dare get. DS is addicting enough as it is, I don't need a game to have 100x more content and no real end. Friend of mine used to play WoW and when I'd see him play from time to time I knew I could never play that game, lest I disappear.
Blight
Master Enforcer

Postby Blight » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:48 pm

Yeah. I can see that. Although, some single player games have some significant content too. On most MMO's though, you do have a limited amount of unique content, then comes the repetition to gear up for the end game. That's usually where I lose interest.

However, I do like my "weekend" games too. Stuff I can play through over a weekend. Like Endless Legend, Civilization, XCom. With stuff like season passes, a lot of non-MMO games are starting to get that constant content delivery too.

For me, there's just something neat about walking around an area in game with other people doing their own thing. Even if I don't interact with them much. Like Mall walking IRL, but in game there's a zone chat. It'd be like everyone in the mall being able to listen to and chat with everyone else there... Without being a part of Big Brother government. :P
Promethius
Ginga Bishounen
PSN: Deathgeese

Postby Promethius » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:30 pm

I've been painting my house today and got nostalgic (probably the fumes from the paint) and started thinking about all you guys again. Figured I'd make at least one post in 2018.

I've got my own house, now. Got it in March. My new hobby is doing housework. I'm almost done with the painting and will be putting new flooring in soon. I'm thinking solid walnut would look stunning.

Still the same job though, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How's everyone else doing?
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:39 am

Doing more or less the same here, dude, minus the getting a house. Down here in the south bay area of Cali prices are just getting too damn high, even with Happy's and my combined income, all we can do for the time being is rent; it's alright but we're kind of pining for a larger place.
Otherwise still got the same job making helicopter parts, practicing Guilty Gear in my off time and getting hopelessly sucked into Monster Hunter.
Achilles
Raven
PSN: Necrovore
GamerTag: ONE117SE7ENTEEN

Postby Achilles » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:21 pm

Promethius wrote:I've got my own house, now.

We're in the same club. I just bought my first house at the end of November. We're all so old now. Sometimes I look at myself and go "When did you become an adult?" Life's weird but it's going pretty good, so I can't complain. I don't really play games much anymore. I just feel uninterested in what's released these days. I played through Celeste last year, and that was excellent (free on Xbox right now if you have a Gold account BTW). Currently trodding through Hollow Knight, albeit intermittently. Every so often I'll play Doom 2016, Halo 5 or Titanfall. I like the idea of playing games more than actually playing, sometimes.

I haven't ridden a dirt bike in two years, which was absolutely unthinkable before. It really feels like there are less hours in a day when you get older. I'm in a strange place where I desire nothing. I have pretty much everything I want and I make decent enough money to buy most of the trivial things I do end up wanting. The house was the last piece of the puzzle really. No more carrots to chase, no drama in my life, no outstanding debt except the mortgage. Things are nice and peaceful. I go to work, come home, listen to music and pet my cats. Rinse, repeat. It's mundane but I like it.
"There ain't no trees in Botswana. I should know. I am a Botswanian lumberjack and I ain't never had a job." - Ernest P. Worrell
Fenrir
RocketMan
PSN: Steel_Scyther

Postby Fenrir » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:35 pm

Hey all. 2018 was super busy and stressful, luckily mostly for good things. I finished my PhD and ended up moving to Europe for a two year research contract. Currently rent a "cosy" studio apartment within walking distance of just about anything I need. Cooking for myself more and eating out much less than I used to as a student. Between work, language classes, and groceries/cooking, I can't say I have much time for games. Mostly playing Squad and trying to quit Path of Exile on the weekends. I'd like to go back and play some of the SNES games I never really got a chance to as a kid. Recommendations welcome :) .

A little envy from me on the homeowner thing. Congrats both of you. For me, settling down is not in the cards for a while.

Achilles wrote: It really feels like there are less hours in a day when you get older.

Yes, definitely this. If I tally up all the stuff I did as a kid for school plus all my other hobbies, I can't figure out where the time came from. Browsing this site most nights on a dial-up connection alone burned so many hours.

Return to “Open Discussion”