Discussion-World War 3: Rise of the Armored Core

Discuss your favorite fanfic here, or talk about anything fanfic related.

Moderator: AC Moderators

Drac Wraith
MT Pilot
GamerTag: HansVedic

Discussion-World War 3: Rise of the Armored Core

Postby Drac Wraith » Sun May 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Well, tell me what you think of the fan fic here.
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Re: Discussion-World War 3: Rise of the Armored Core

Postby Griffon » Mon May 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Well, I'll withhold initial judgements seeing as it hasn't really started yet. I will admit, the near-future real-world setting is rather interesting and I look forward to seeing just what you plan on doing with it (even if it's just an excuse to have ACs wreck shit in the DPRK, which I don't really have a problem with), and imagining President Pottymouth's speech gave me a pretty good chuckle, wether that was your intention or not, I guess we'll see.
Also, I'm not quite sure what to think about the pre-story glossary. While I certainly think it would help other people understand the workings of ACs, when posting at an AC fan site I think it's safe to assume we get the general gist of what you're talking about (Exceptions of course for explaining what isn't present in the games, such as how ACs are depicted somewhere in between ACV and AC1 tech, and how real-world weapons can be used such as your M230).

BTW, welcome to The Garage.
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Drac Wraith
MT Pilot
GamerTag: HansVedic

Re: Discussion-World War 3: Rise of the Armored Core

Postby Drac Wraith » Tue May 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks for the input. Well, I didn't really think that any 1 AC game had what I wanted for this fan fic, so I have my custom AC stuff there. While this is an AC forum, I think having a spot for what the ACs are like will be helpful. I already pretty much know what is going to happen later in the story, and I think you guys will like it.

And thanks for the welcome.

Return to “Fan Fiction Discussion”