Code:HARDCORE

Mech games that aren't Armored Core.

Moderator: AC Moderators

Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Code:HARDCORE

Postby Griffon » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:44 pm

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an abundance of details to go on, but developer RocketPunch Games is working on a 2D mech brawler called Code:HARDCORE, aiming for release on Steam and consoles. Looks like fun.

Bonus points for Shoji Kawamori at 1:03
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed designs, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Blight
Master Enforcer
PSN: BlightAC

Re: Code:HARDCORE

Postby Blight » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:49 am

Reminds me a bit of Smash Brothers. Could be a fun bit of button smashing.
ACGarage is now on teh Facebooks.
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:16 pm

That's what I was thinking. Probably not something I'll spend all my effort into getting good at but maybe something fun to pull out when some friends are over. If that be the case, probably the only deciding factor will be price.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed designs, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:25 pm

A new trailer has come out, showcasing a little bit more! Looks like it won't just be a multiplayer brawler, but it'll have a cinematic story mode as well. It's looking really good, and they're certainly looking towards a console release as well, not just PC, which is fantastic.

Blight
Master Enforcer

Postby Blight » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:30 am

Well, looks like they're having a lot of fun making the game.
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:52 am

Ardently I've kept my eye on the kickstarter hoping it would reach the PS4 version stretch goal of $77k, which it's very close to. I scroll down to take a look and turns out they're crowd funding on two different sites, Kickstarter and Modian.

Holy cow, they're way further than I thought, with over a month left! And the PS4 version was funded! I can safely say now that I'm looking forward to this game.
Blight
Master Enforcer

Postby Blight » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm

That's cool! It seems pretty common with crowdfunded campaigns now to take multiple funding. I know the Turn Based Mechwarrior game coming out from Harebrained was funded by Kickstarter mainly, but also through PayPal, since Kickstarter doesn't use that, and people prefer it to credit cards or whatever. I know if I'm making what's likely a one time purchase through a site, I prefer to do it through PayPal.

Return to “Mech Games”