The Video Game HELP! thread

Discuss TV, movies, books, and all non-Armored Core games or gaming systems here.

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

Should this be made into a poll so the Auto-prune doesn't eat it?

Yes
44%
Yeah
56%

Total votes: 18
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Sat May 05, 2007 8:33 pm

I need some help myself.

1) Is it possible to dupe items or Pokemon via glitches in Pokemon FireRed (old version, not the Greatest Hits type thing)?

2) Anyone have fast leveling tips for a Lv40 Pikachu (I need it up nine levels, preferably in an hour or less) that don't involve the Elite Four? I tried using the age-old trick of switching it out first turn to my Zapdos, since I was fighting Lorelei, but...it didn't end pretty (ICE BEAM, I HATE THEE).
Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies
Current Avatar: Fumika of Shigofumi, by J-Nav
PSN Tag: VegaVaikyuko
"Women are angels of mercy to me." -- Edgar Allen Poe
Limit-R
Mr Dizzle

Postby Limit-R » Wed May 16, 2007 6:28 am

If your using the Gameboy to play it there was some way to dup all your items and stuff. As for leveling use the dupe item trick on rare candy and just level that way lol.

But I dunno if you wanna cheat like that.
Me - Why you all up in the ice cream when you don't even know the flava?
Odin - now im the one who is confuzzled
Me - yes I know. But what is the reason for your call?
Odin - ???

Aussie Hip-Hop? Like Gangsta Kangaroos? - Veilside
Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Wed May 16, 2007 5:03 pm

Limit-R wrote:If your using the Gameboy to play it there was some way to dup all your items and stuff. As for leveling use the dupe item trick on rare candy and just level that way lol.

But I dunno if you wanna cheat like that.

If she's using FireRed... then there's almost no way those are on there...

They took out the missingno glitch in yellow even, and considering it can mess up your game for good, I doubt they'd purposefully put it back in.

Edit: I'm not quite sure if this will work but...
in the older versions my sister and I found (before we really used the internet much, so we actually figured this out) a way to dupe them using the link cable...
Basically, the principle was that one person would send the pokemon to the other first, and once it got to the other person, unplug their side of the link cable. The sendee would still have the pokemon that was sent, but the other pokemon would be deleted that hadn't been sent yet would be deleted. Maybe the same thing could work with the wifi if it's set up the same way (Sending the pokemon one at a time, and then disconnecting from wifi).
Granted, I don't have any idea if it will work with your version.
Tastes of ACG:
|Rod= Pork| |Mage= Chicken| |Lord Vega= Lobster| |Dr. Know= poo...| |Prome= Cajun Chicken| |Wraith= Carrots| |Triple8= Oranges| |Dirk=Baked Beans| |Catastrophe= Celery| |Aries= Deer| |Zero- The Nine Breaker= Franks Hot Sauce| |Squall= Furry| |Veilside= Bean soup| |Griffon= Beef Pudding| |Deemer= Gunpowder| |Kidzero= Pastels| |ClefJ= Erasers| |Happy= Roast Duck| |Setsuna= Burnt Rubber| |Midknight= Roast Beast| |Kitsune= Eggroll| |Ditto 88= Skateboards| |Shadowspear= MREs||Fenrir= ashes|
Major props to KidZero for current avatar!!
PSN: Kitsune_CT
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Wed May 16, 2007 5:22 pm

Thanks for the help, but I recently found out those methods won't work. However, there is a way to dupe in Diamond and Pearl, which takes care of a big chunk of my problems (MASTER BALLS). On the flip side, I'm just going to restart a bunch of times in FireRed. :P
[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Fri May 18, 2007 7:43 am

For those of you with Advance Wars DS, how the frick do I beat the mission where you first acquire an airport? It's also the first mission where you fight against Black Hole as a tag team, leaving you on your own. THEY JUST HAVE TOO MANY UNITS AND BASES?!

If that isn't enough information, I'll give you the actual mission number when I get home from school.

SUPPORT OUR DIGITAL TROOPS - BUY A LITTLE PLASTIC FLAG WITH AN ORANGE STAR ON IT.
In a world of black and white, you are the only one in color.
- Trapt, Only One in Color, the theme of Generation of Metal,
an online visual novel by Setsuna, currently in development hell.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri May 18, 2007 3:58 pm

Give me the mission number and the exact details (COs, Black Hole COs, etc). Memory providing, I'll have a decent setup for you.
[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Fri May 18, 2007 8:20 pm

Mission 8, you're fighting Jugger and Lash. You're on your own, and everyone on the internets says to use Max and tank rush their base (bottom middle) with a transporter in there somewhere carrying a mech unit to stomp the base into orange victory.

They also say to take over the airport (middle right), but that causes me more of a headache than it helps.

Exacerbating the situation further is that god-damned pipe runner sniping my tanks.

On top of all this, Black Hole does this tag thing where they get to have two turns in a row. Lame as hell.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Sat May 19, 2007 12:20 am

You can do the tag thing too, later on. I'll finish the campaign I'm on tomorrow and get to where you are in a jiffy - I think I S'd this one, not sure. Once I see a picture of the map, I'll give you all the details.
[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Sat May 19, 2007 12:34 am

Arigatou!*

*because ticking yaka off should be a national passtime!
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Postby Griffon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:10 am

anyone else played & beat front mission 4? I'm stuck on the last mission, and for the life of me, can't figure out HOW to beat the enemy Wanzers before the Sniper & Mobile weapon destroy the transport. HELP!
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:58 am

@Setsuna: I will boot up Advance Wars and help you, I swear it. XP

Griff, who's the enemy leader in that mission? Wagner? And I don't recall a transport in the final mission (unless you mean the final mission in Venezuela, in which case you're fighting that crazy chick), but a very simple way to protect any unit in FM4 is to simply cluster your own around it so they take a beating instead. I'd also beef up defense points and keep your units equipped with sniper rifles and such in order to destroy enemies before they come into range.
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:20 am

Lord Vega wrote:Griff, who's the enemy leader in that mission? Wagner? And I don't recall a transport in the final mission (unless you mean the final mission in Venezuela, in which case you're fighting that crazy chick), but a very simple way to protect any unit in FM4 is to simply cluster your own around it so they take a beating instead. I'd also beef up defense points and keep your units equipped with sniper rifles and such in order to destroy enemies before they come into range.
Yeah, its the Venezuelan mission, and if I run straight to the transport , then I get ganged up on by everyone, including the MW, and die rather fast :( As far as I can tell, all my Wanzers are beefed up as far as they can be
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
The Errant
A Dying Breed
PSN: LookOutBehindYou

Postby The Errant » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:35 am

Griffon wrote:
Lord Vega wrote:Griff, who's the enemy leader in that mission? Wagner? And I don't recall a transport in the final mission (unless you mean the final mission in Venezuela, in which case you're fighting that crazy chick), but a very simple way to protect any unit in FM4 is to simply cluster your own around it so they take a beating instead. I'd also beef up defense points and keep your units equipped with sniper rifles and such in order to destroy enemies before they come into range.
Yeah, its the Venezuelan mission, and if I run straight to the transport , then I get ganged up on by everyone, including the MW, and die rather fast :( As far as I can tell, all my Wanzers are beefed up as far as they can be

You got your skill points and stuff all maxed out? The way I got most of my kills in that game was from just gang-raping enemy wanzers one or two at a time. And double shot, or whatever it's called. That rocks.
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:03 pm

Gang rape + sniper/dual MGs + Double Shot + that accuracy skill = megadeath.
Mobius 1
Raven
PSN: Virtuous_Seraph
GamerTag: Hawk0fEndymion

Postby Mobius 1 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:36 am

@Setsuna: I can't find my copy of AW:DS at the moment, but if I find it, I'll help you out if you haven't killed it yet.
より多くの成果を獲得することで、存在意義を達成する
Flea
Raven
PSN: fireflea
GamerTag: Wiper Zero

Postby Flea » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:03 pm

I really need help on shadow of the collosis. please. will anyone help meeee!!!
"Screw it flea im going assault rifle on those zombs!!"
"no cameron you dumb ass dont go without a battle rifle the cheapest wepon in the game!!"
"what eve-"
".....crap"
Halo 3 Zomb map on AHHHHHH Map created by=Flea ACG(Wiper Zero)...Game type=AHHHHHHH created by Flea ACG(Wiper Zero)
Gamer tag:Wiper Zero(my old profile was hacked!!!)
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:37 am

Umm, yeah, thats what this is here for. :)
What exactly do you need help with?
[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:13 pm

Hey guys, no biggy on the AW:DS help. Whenever you get a chance. :wink:
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:14 pm

Setsuna wrote:Hey guys, no biggy on the AW:DS help. Whenever you get a chance. :wink:

Oh jeez, man, I'm sorry...I keep forgetting. x_x
[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:30 pm

Ok:

http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/37/

I borrowed LeafGreen from some kid, and I've been trawling route 209 for SIX GODDAMNED HOURS.

EIGHT PERCENT CANNOT BE THAT SMALL A CHANCE. I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

1: Insert Pearl and LeafGreen.
2: Turn on DS.
3: Go to Route 209.
4: Run around in the bushes killing gay ass pokemon you already have for six hours.
5: WHERE THE HELL IS VULPIX.

I'm starting to lose interest in this damn game.

Return to “General Media”