ComBust-RENEGADE

Post your AC designs here for review. You can also find discussions about design tips here as well.
(No autoprune.)

Moderator: AC Moderators

JayVeeEf
MT Pilot
GamerTag: JayVeeEf

ComBust-RENEGADE

Postby JayVeeEf » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:27 am

Head:Beowulf HD103
Core:Wodan CR110
Arms:Isari AM28S
Legs: Ulg-30/L
Booster: Tempete BT49
Generator: Sonne GNE530
FCS: FCS-07/Lr-Uzume
Recon: URD-36 Mentor IV
Left arm: UPL-09/h Nappa(spec power)
Right arm: ULC-40/h(spec accuracy)
Shoulder: UEA-4 Izanami

This is the first in a new series of mechs I'm working on that I call my renegade line. This was the cross over from my ComBust line of mechs sharing some of the normal parts. Like I said I said in a post elsewhere this mech would probably be more suited for a tetrapod, but my lack of any rjs inspired me to do this. I'm using the Beowulf head to give me maxmimum distance with my lock on. The laser cannons specced out have over 800 range but using the auto aim is suggested as opposed to free aiming someone outside of your lock. Energy management is a huge issue with this since even with the sonne you are draining over half of your generator. Don't try and get that second shot in right away, energy is needed for your pulse gun incase someone closes in on you, and for you to reposition. Impractical in urban maps but on anything else it works extremely well. I will get on top of a building as quick as I can, charge, and shoot off a cannon at someone pressing forward, back off, and if they come onto my teams starting side I will switch to their side and pick them off while they engage my team mates. I have won all types of matches with this. 1v1 I was the most shocked at but during my play testing I won every 1v1 I was in with it. Weight is a problem so without changing the legs there is not much else you can change, but this is a huge work in progress so ofcourse ideas are always welcome.
stonercough
MT Pilot

Re: ComBust-RENEGADE

Postby stonercough » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:01 am

I found that if you change the generator to one of the other ones, you can pack on another gun or blade, and still have a lot of EN, and stay mobile enough for me. Nice build by the way, i usually snipe with a sniper cannon, but this is actually easier. I never would have tried putting the thing on light RJ either. Very unusual, but effective for me. Other people might play differently.
JayVeeEf
MT Pilot
GamerTag: JayVeeEf

Re: ComBust-RENEGADE

Postby JayVeeEf » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:09 pm

I've been gone for a while sorry for the delayed response. I choose sonne because pre-patch (haven't played sense the patch) it was the only way I could get off a full charge shot, wait a couple seconds and then take another. All the other generators I either didn't get a fully charged shot or it was too heavy for the light rjs. I'm looking forward to playing tonight with all the energy changes!

Return to “Designs Section”