unnamed tetrapod heavy sniper ac

Post your AC designs here for review. You can also find discussions about design tips here as well.
(No autoprune.)

Moderator: AC Moderators

stonercough
MT Pilot

Postby stonercough » Tue May 22, 2012 11:21 am

well, this AC got me through all of the order missions except for one, and it was the first type i made, and i have been slowly adding on to it.

frame:
Head: Beowulf HD103 UHD-13 Galahad
Core: Surt CR114
Arms: KT-4S2/Svir Ilemanau AM28
Legs: Ortigara LG664

internal:
FCS: Predire FCS190
Generator: KV-3D3/Prochnyi
Boosters: Tempete BT49 UBT-25 Gale

Weapons:
Recon: URD-36/ER
Right arm: USC-26 Ithaca (sniper cannon) spec. for power
Left arm: LR-81M KRSW (laser rifle) spec. for rapid-fire ULR-22/R
Shoulder: UCS-17 Amritsar (auto-attack gun)
UW: n/a
Right bay unit: LB-66 Moonlight (laser blade) spec. for power KO-3T5 Mahaon
Left bay unit: UBR-05/R (battle rifle)
sub 2: same as sub 1
glow: R:158 G:11 B:14

any coloring changes could also be cool, just keep in the area of blue-and-white.

All edits are in RED

EDIT: the galahad has a similiar performance to Beowulf, but a much, MUCH better energy consumption. Same for Ilemanau/svir. Gale was for more speed on a slow mech, and the earlier changes made up for the lost energy. The weapon changes are just for more well-rounded weapons.
Last edited by stonercough on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gradeus
Raven
GamerTag: Caligo Iridis

Re: unnamed tetrapod heavy sniper ac

Postby Gradeus » Tue May 22, 2012 2:21 pm

The Ithaca has a crappy MV IIRC, keep the Erbsen. Also it has 17k power, with a mega fire-rate.

I'm not sure if the tracking recon has enough range to keep vision in scan mode for the sniper cannon. Stickies maybe? I don't know, still a preference thing for you.

The reason the enemies keep getting killed easy is because they are AI, and they are stupid. Otherwise just unloading at a charging enemy will NOT work, unless you are an absolute pro.

Moonlight should be laying waste to your energy supply, but I don't use blades, so i don't know how to progress there. Stabbing with a random blade on a slow AC isn't gonna do you much, is what I know at least. Maybe apulse gun for the easiness to hit with at blade range. (? Maybe I just like ranged weapons.)

Also the arms are super-drainy as well. Save yourself some 600-ish drain and take Ilmenau AM28.

Booster is slow here on an already slow ac, perhaps change to UBT-25 Gale.

The mini-Sawa is about as good as a normal laser rifle, and it's heavier and drainier. I'd use ULR-22/R instead, rapid-fire (non spec.).

So:
Beowulf HD103
Surt CR114
Ilmenau AM28
Ortigara LG664
-
Predire FCS190
KV-3D3/Prochnyi
UBT-25 Gale
STK-16/El Hetsu (not really needed but w/e)
-
Erbsen SC62
ULR-22/R
UCS-17 Amritsar
[Pulse Gun of sorts] Mahaon?
UBR-05/R
Freelance Pilot and Designer
ACFA Builds:
Requiem: FW MG/R102/203
Thalia: FW 2x-Samp/Jads
stonercough
MT Pilot

Postby stonercough » Tue May 22, 2012 10:06 pm

Thank you a lot. i don't get to play against other people because my team never seems to be online. I will put all this on. i didn't realize how much better it could be, it's my first AC.
Gradeus
Raven

Postby Gradeus » Tue May 22, 2012 10:21 pm

There are a lot of people who can also give advice on this AC. Give them time and they will come. that's all I had, there may be other opinions to come. :)
ACFA Builds:
Chevalier
Raven
GamerTag: ChaseNetwork

Postby Chevalier » Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 am

Gradeus wrote:There are a lot of people who can also give advice on this AC. Give them time and they will come. that's all I had, there may be other opinions to come. :)

LOL, screw you. Yeah, I'll take a look after I get back from my errands. Gradeus touched most of the key points.
Honestly, I'll need to do some research on this. Sniper Quad design isn't something I'm good at.
Xbox Live GamerTag: "ChaseNetwork"
Time Zone: Zulu+9
Core Nexus (NA-360) - Unit [36]
Proud AC Architect
Chevalier
Raven
GamerTag: ChaseNetwork

Postby Chevalier » Wed May 23, 2012 9:37 am

I need to do some studies with the Auto-Attack Gun and do some research on the Sniper Cannons. Highest recorded possible Erbsen does 18k. Pretty reliable. Need more info though. 4-day weekend coming up. Not able to go in-depth with this week working 12s every day.
Xbox Live GamerTag: "ChaseNetwork"
Time Zone: Zulu+9
Core Nexus (NA-360) - Unit [36]
Proud AC Architect
stonercough
MT Pilot

Postby stonercough » Wed May 23, 2012 10:04 am

I had used the Ithaca because it had three-shot burst, 1000 range, and 9000 damage for me. The auto attack can shoot while your in ready mode, and is basically a bad extra rifle you don't have to aim. However, you other people are probably a lot more experienced building ACs then I am, and I will gladly take any advice I get.
Gradeus
Raven

Postby Gradeus » Wed May 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Chevalier wrote:LOL, screw you. Yeah, I'll take a look after I get back from my errands. Gradeus touched most of the key points.
Honestly, I'll need to do some research on this. Sniper Quad design isn't something I'm good at.
:mrgreen:
Anyways, it'd probably be a good idea to listen to Chev more, since he tests the designs and I do prospective thinking in my head based on what I know. I generally don't have time to try out the corrections, therefore there might be better options. I have a Memorial Day Parade to play in, so I probably won't be cranking tests too much this weekend. But it's fun. Yeah band!
ACFA Builds:
Aentefance
MT Pilot

Postby Aentefance » Sat May 11, 2013 8:47 am

Got an issue with unnamed file not found when trying to play the game. Able to play a game against the computer but nothing else. Anyone able to help?

Return to “Designs Section”