Armored Core: V [AC-01 Osan [S-Crown]] *Declassified*

Post your AC designs here for review. You can also find discussions about design tips here as well.
(No autoprune.)

Moderator: AC Moderators

shurikenlord13
Raven
PSN: iStompya

Re: Armored Core: V [AC-01 Osan [S-Crown]] *Declassified*

Postby shurikenlord13 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:17 am

Hi Chevalier, i am looking for an AC to base my next CAD project on, and i was wondering if you wanted me to use your AC as my reference. (Its okay if you don't want me to, because your AC is yours personally, and you probably don't want it to be replicated. However, I was looking the pictures, and its a pretty cool looking AC)

The related thread is in the link below. :mrgreen:

http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17244

NORTHLANDERS! -- unit 00

History: AUSSIE DEMONS! -- unit 13

Proud rev-joint pilot since AC4
Armored core veteran since ACN
Live4Redline
Raven
GamerTag: Live4Redline

Postby Live4Redline » Thu May 03, 2012 3:43 am

I'll vouch for it... It deffinitly gets the job done.

P.S: I love that emblem btw, <cough> <cough>. :P

I plan on making a new one just for you, your gonna love it.
Live4Redline wrote: I've been playing Armored Core since the Playstaion Original release demo, and its funny because the demo only had two missions and could not be saved but some how I still managed to own every part in the garage... twice!

ACV (Xbox) - Zio Matrix - Team Leader, Unit 00
Chevalier
Raven
GamerTag: ChaseNetwork

Postby Chevalier » Thu May 03, 2012 4:12 am

Shaftronics wrote:The build handles better than most would think, due to its light weight despite having tempete boosters, although I share the same concerns as Valk; What if you're facing a tank or defence spec AC that has defences higher than your weapons' damage?

My Everyman was using a similar loadout (and I still do, just been experimenting with laser rifles and TE weaponry) and my #1 worry was just that. If you were to go against my Everyman with that weapon layout (not comparing, just an example of why I've been deviating away from Rifles and going for a focus towards CE and TE weaponry), I would have the advantage of being able to bounce your shots, have more AP and be just as relatively mobile with my own battle rifles.

Just a concern from a fellow AC pilot. I too respect this build and it made me take a break from balancing TE weaponry on my build and enjoy the simplicity and light weight of dual Jessups, making me miss them more than I expected to. But I'm still torn on my concerns with the lack of damage.

Valid concerns. This is where good tactics are required. Tanks are slow, and players like to use charge boosts excessively to travel any sort of distances with tanks. This activity cause very bright and noticeble orange flashes from long distances. Watch for two orange flashes, notice the space traveled between each flash. Estimate your distance to expected engagement area. You want to head off the tank, but be tailing it from the rear for minimum distance traveled at higher speed. Come at the tank sideways, if possible. Or come in at a 45 degree angle from the front, this is a typical blind spot on your HUD. Maneuver to the back of the tank. Charge Boost into two, maybe three times. Tank will be down roughly 15k AP, leaving at probably 20-25k. Tag it with a recon and immediately after, overboost away. A typical tank weapon is a cannon weapon of some sort, which will tear you to shreads. Use cover and switch to scan mode to verify either KE or CE is the tank's lowest defense value. From there, use either the dual Valdostas or dual 05/Rs at beyond Glance range manually while using cover liberally. If, while in Scan mode, you can verify that the tank has lost track of you, move in cautiously for another set of Charge Boosts. If you have the confidence, try jumping off the tank and shoot at it from above, that does cause soem confussion. This tactic isn't set in stone, as there are times where you can improvise, such as tricking the tank to follow you into the line of fire of a Gwen. (I've killed an enemy tank by putting it between me and an enemy Gwen before).

You already said it yourself, this AC is surprisingly mobile. Think outside the box. "Use your imagination before you are forced to use your desperation!" - Ralf Dean Omar
Don't believe that stats are the absolute solution to victory. "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli
If you lose, even if it is against an AC that is "statistically better" than your AC, be gracious. Accept it as a loss. All types of enemies have fallen to AC-01 Osan. Don't belittle it by saying that "it's stats aren't good enough to do anything!" This isn't a damned card game.

Shuriken, I'd be honored to have AC-01 Osan used in your project.

Redline! Really!? A custom!? *drools* Thank you!
Xbox Live GamerTag: "ChaseNetwork"
Time Zone: Zulu+9
Core Nexus (NA-360) - Unit [36]
Proud AC Architect
shurikenlord13
Raven
PSN: iStompya

Postby shurikenlord13 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:12 am

Thanks heaps, ill keep you posted on my progress. :mrgreen:

NORTHLANDERS! -- unit 00

History: AUSSIE DEMONS! -- unit 13

Proud rev-joint pilot since AC4
Armored core veteran since ACN
Road Rash
Raven
GamerTag: Road Rash

Postby Road Rash » Wed May 16, 2012 7:26 am

You just gotta love dual UBR-05/Rs specialized for rapid fire especially if you get the reload rate into the low 30s.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Task Force 6-26
Chevalier
Raven

Postby Chevalier » Wed May 16, 2012 10:46 am

Current cap I have on the 05/R's for Reload Time is 29 on LB, and 30 on RB.
Proud AC Architect
Road Rash
Raven
GamerTag: Road Rash

Postby Road Rash » Wed May 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Chevalier wrote:Current cap I have on the 05/R's for Reload Time is 29 on LB, and 30 on RB.

I've got a 31 right and 32 left. It looks like I have some more grinding to do but I'm happy with the 1550 damage on the right one. All other rapid fires 05/Rs I've done have been under 1500.

One a side note I get better left guns with my Road Rash XBL account and better right guns on my second account in general. That has me baffled as to why since I've done enough grinding on both accounts to notice this trend no matter what attribute I specialize for.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Task Force 6-26
Wanabe Metalhed
Raven
GamerTag: Wanabe Metalhed

Postby Wanabe Metalhed » Thu May 17, 2012 11:52 am

I'm still not good enough to do decals.

:'(
Squall wrote:
Wanabe Metalhed wrote:
Chevalier wrote:Insert normal ChaseNetwork statements here.

Insert standard unusually bitter comeback here.

Insert angry, argumentative retort and unreasonable, un-enforcable demand to get back on topic, followed up by a lewd comment.
Chevalier
Raven

Postby Chevalier » Thu May 17, 2012 12:02 pm

"good enough to use decals"

Don't yourself out just yet.
I had the same feeling before I did the job on Osan. I just really wanted to get the jaws on there. If it was really zoomed in, you would be able to see the roots of the teeth. I kinda assembled it haphazardly. The rest of the decals were just shapes and words.

The decal on the back of the legs is one big decal made to fit that leg, and adjusted for size. You just gotta get that urge to put something on your AC, then throw yourself at the task without stopping.

If you want ideas, browse military vehicles and aircraft for the more militaristic style.

Ultimately, it's a confidence thing. Just give it your best. You want everyone to see it, which is why it says "Eat Lead" on the left side of the Core.
Proud AC Architect
Chevalier
Raven

Postby Chevalier » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:23 pm

saw someone using this AC today. He renamed it as a Zaku. GT: HipsterNacho. xD He hired me and I got excited to see that AC on the front.
Proud AC Architect
Gradeus
Raven
GamerTag: Caligo Iridis

Postby Gradeus » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Glad to see your influence spreading! XD
Freelance Pilot and Designer
ACFA Builds: