AC5: Perfect Math

Post your AC designs here for review. You can also find discussions about design tips here as well.
(No autoprune.)

Moderator: AC Moderators

Parry
Raven
PSN: ParryACO

AC5: Perfect Math

Postby Parry » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Siegfried
UCR-10/A
Svir 2
ULG-30/L
glance
ho vital
Burya
URD-36/EA
Tansy
3k2
Fenugrec AD-10

notes: CQC light RJ with a Emblem of a Nine Ball.

Color scheme:
Primary:
RGB
0/125/255
Secondary:
RGB
0/255/195
Jiont:
RGB
255/255/255
Option:
RGB
255/255/0

Colors are ALL.

guess the reference!
"Those who seek Absolute Power are the absolute corruptible."
Wanabe Metalhed
Raven
GamerTag: Wanabe Metalhed

Re: AC5: Perfect Math

Postby Wanabe Metalhed » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:12 pm

What the hell is URD?
Squall wrote:
Wanabe Metalhed wrote:
Chevalier wrote:Insert normal ChaseNetwork statements here.

Insert standard unusually bitter comeback here.

Insert angry, argumentative retort and unreasonable, un-enforcable demand to get back on topic, followed up by a lewd comment.
Parry
Raven

Postby Parry » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Tracking type recon unit.
Wanabe Metalhed
Raven

Postby Wanabe Metalhed » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:15 am

Ah, see, I was looking in the weapons section. Personally, I don't tell people what recon they should use because it's a matter of preference and tactics almost invariably.
Squall wrote:
Wanabe Metalhed wrote:

Insert angry, argumentative retort and unreasonable, un-enforcable demand to get back on topic, followed up by a lewd comment.
Daxon Takemura
Raven
PSN: Daxon

Postby Daxon Takemura » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:17 am

IF you're in a team fight the URD-36/ER makes the operators job a ton easier. That 450 range means they have less spaces that need scanned, Its probably a staple >.>
Don't blink!
UNIT [29] of the GARAGE VANGUARD
Parry
Raven

Postby Parry » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:10 pm

350 range, actually.

3,200 activation time.
Daxon Takemura
Raven

Postby Daxon Takemura » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:35 am

Daxon Takemura wrote:IF you're in a team fight the URD-36/ER makes the operators job a ton easier. That 450 range means they have less spaces that need scanned, Its probably a staple >.>

Whether my meme was impressive or not my comment was correct. 36/ER is 450, He is using the 36/EA I guess you were talking about the Recon in HIS build and missed the 1 letter difference of doom. Anyways, use the ER unless you have a specific team role that this build would not be used for.
Don't blink!
Daxon Takemura
Raven

Postby Daxon Takemura » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:56 pm

I recommend the Beowulf head because it has more mobility, less EN drain and only a little bit less CE Def witch at around 800 doesn't seem like a priority anyways. Elbe AM28/2 arms would bump up that CE def at tad, but mostly drop your EN drain down some more, sacrificing two things: a very small amount of recoil, esp on those guns, (zero boost speed lost) and only a little HB speed down. This'll sound strange but the KT-2n2/Wutain HRJ legs will actual increase your overall speed, too bad they're abused and I'll respect and understand if you choose not to use them. I woulden't make any other changes, save the back slots for a Jammer, Sub Unit, or Target gun.

If you make all the changes:
AP: 29,421 --> 35,257 +5,836
KE: 1,583 --> 1,382 -201
CE: 887 --> 2,363 +1,476
TE: 438 --> 300 -138
ENR: 4,145 --> 5,102 +957
Bstr: 176 -->188 +7% (+12) faster
HB: 357 --> 381 +7% (+24) faster

"Oh no I lost 200 KE def Gats are going to eat me!" That equates to 12% more damage per round but you have 20% more AP and you'll get hit less because you can HB more often and you move faster in general >.> Just my suggestions :3 use as much or as little as you please!
Don't blink!
Chevalier
Raven
GamerTag: ChaseNetwork

Postby Chevalier » Thu May 10, 2012 8:23 am

Would you mind explaining your reason for the Siegfried head? That's a pretty special purpose head.
Xbox Live GamerTag: "ChaseNetwork"
Time Zone: Zulu+9
Core Nexus (NA-360) - Unit [36]
Proud AC Architect
Quetzac
Raven
PSN: zdueker

Postby Quetzac » Fri May 11, 2012 6:54 am

I respect the use of the LRJ's as the legs don't do anything exceptionally well. They carry more weight than most light bipeds but don't get the same amount of speed or turning ability. LRJ's have great jumping strength but their animation for jumping off walls is a little sluggish compared to light bipeds. That sluggishness translates into less speed for hit and run tatics. Their resistances are also on the weak side. As a choice for a CQC build, well I don't think many pilots could pull it off.
Chevalier
Raven

Postby Chevalier » Fri May 11, 2012 8:14 pm

I don't recommend your arm selection. While it may have the highest Firing Stability, it has a hidden downfall of 1,750 EN Cost. for the cost of -40 Firing Stability, Ilemau 28 has 1,150 EN Cost.

I'm trying to figure out the purpose behind the head. the Siegfried is a strong Stability Computation part. It theoretically gives you more control over your boosters, and Live4Redline tells me that it's Stagger Resistant (I'm sure I can make it Stagger though). But it loses out on Camera Performance.

In all, it looks like you were trying to take the HRJ Meta Capital build and squish it into a LRJ variant. It was a good choice to stick with the Reserve Magazine, as this AC looks like it suffers from EN Cost in protracted battles, and Flash Rockets or Subcomputers would make even the Ho Vital scream for mercy.
Proud AC Architect
Parry
Raven

Postby Parry » Sat May 12, 2012 4:55 am

Siegfried was chosen over Roland and Beowulf for two reasons:

Highest stability out of all the heads in the game, as well as the third highest scan mode.

Though drainy, it's almost negligible in places like Executive Sector or any other large city maps where you're capable of overwhelming an opponent with sheer vertical and horizontal mobility. Since it's a shotgun/Rifle combo, there's no reason to be outside of near melee range with this AC, so camera ability is almost useless, unless of course you're fighting a flash rocket spamming faggot (which then turns into attempt to kick the bitch in his face and then run away before re-engaging once lock is restored)
Chevalier
Raven

Postby Chevalier » Sat May 12, 2012 5:04 am

I don't really remember Roland, though I see the name come up often as a common head.
So Perfect Math is designed for urban conflict. Due to the up-rise in Shotguns and Sniper Rifles in all maps in general, but being used more purposefully in urban maps, I whole-heartedly agree with your head selection.
Have you messed with the Shinatsu Booster at all? I hear it's a hot commodity for RJs.
Proud AC Architect
Parry
Raven

Postby Parry » Sun May 13, 2012 12:51 am

No, I haven't. I particularly don't like Shintatsu.
Chevalier
Raven

Postby Chevalier » Sun May 13, 2012 1:30 am

Well, that just leaves me with saying that I believe this to be a good AC, if somewhat restricted in it's areas of combat.
Proud AC Architect
Parry
Raven

Postby Parry » Mon May 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Isn't that what AC's about? Specialized designs?
Chevalier
Raven

Postby Chevalier » Mon May 14, 2012 9:42 pm

No, that's what personnal preference is about.
I hate having to use specific ACs to perform specific tasks. I hate the whole rock, paper, scissors approach I see other players use when they select their ACs. And I sure as hell don't respect the hate towards the meta builds, since meta builds happen to be excellent at taking out specialized builds.
My goal is to design an AC that can perform any task, even if it requires the pilot's utmost level of ability to do so. This way, I can take the word "chance" out of the factor. Simply put, I'm not a gambler.
AC-01 Osan is still the pinnacle of my designs, but still leaves something to be desired in PvP capability.
AC-02 Sandstorm is excellent against any AC, but needs it options expanded for engagement tactics and it leaves something to be desired in Story/Order Mission skirmishes.
YC-03 is being constructed to hopefully negate those problems.

Another way to say it is:
You want to be excellent at one way of killing.
I want to be excellent in every way of killing.
Proud AC Architect
Parry
Raven

Postby Parry » Wed May 16, 2012 8:23 am

That's not how it works, meta builds are usually pieces of shit that abuse shitty/broken mechanics.

Particularly why ALOT of people ran DRs in ForA.

The shit is boring fighting the same fucking AC over and over, the same goes for AC5 with dual gat/zinnia HRJs.

Both of which abuse broken mechanics. DRs were usually lahire lights, which abused the broken speedm echanics, while HRJs abuse the broken attitude control.

If you want to be good in every way of killing, you won't, because you'll spread yourself too thin. As ShadowSpear as stated in another thread; you'll be a jack of all trades, master of NONE.
Wanabe Metalhed
Raven

Postby Wanabe Metalhed » Wed May 16, 2012 9:16 am

Unless you're Chuck Norris. Everybody loves Chuck Norris.
Squall wrote:
Wanabe Metalhed wrote:

Gradeus
Raven
GamerTag: Caligo Iridis

Postby Gradeus » Thu May 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Finding a cooling post in need, I offer this:

I select what I use based on objective desicions about what I want the AC to do. Broken or under-used, none of that matters to me. Personal preference and joy in what you use is top priority for me. If that means slapping a build on HRJ because that is the choice most suited to what I want the design to do, then so be it. Sure, a lot of people complain about the overused or "top-tier" weapons like Strekoza, UPC-37/H, Tansy, etc. I don't use them, but not because they're broken. I have my own reasons, based on playstyle. If people want to know "WHY U NO USE DUAL STREKOZA TANSY PULSE CANNON SHOTTY?" I'll just say why. No biggie.

The thing is, the moral battles happening here need to stop. Please. Let each be their own. Nobody needs to yell at someone because of how they are, they are themselves, and won't change themselves based on what others want them to be like. It's just not going to happen. I have a hard time changing myself, too, even if it is for the beter. It's human nature. But, point being said, the arguing does not need to continue if nothing is going to get accomplished, on either side. It seems that people can not, or simply (and most likely) will not choose to act like a single community. And if anyone thinks someone shouldn't be in this community, then they need to rethink. What if everyone wanted you to leave the community based on how you naturally are? And what is natural to you may not be the same as what is to others, so there is no need for any of "He's naturally a *****." That gets you nowhere, because what you see is not what everyone sees. Everyone is different, and no one should be forced to look through eyes or think or act like things that are not of themselves. Otherwise, why should an oppressive community continue to exist here? What makes the ACG unique is the welcoming community, not forced to abide by anything terribly strict like elsewhere. If this is allowed to continue, we too will become just like the others. One of those unfriendly sites that people hate to go to. That is the opposite of what we want to be known for. So please, can everybody cool themselves and calm down? No need for "I'm not calming down as long as ______ is here." Everybody shares this community, and whether or not it is friendly or oppressive is up to you. That's all I have to say.
Freelance Pilot and Designer
ACFA Builds:
Requiem: FW MG/R102/203
Thalia: FW 2x-Samp/Jads

Return to “Designs Section”