ACV: Memento Mori

Post your AC designs here for review. You can also find discussions about design tips here as well.
(No autoprune.)

Moderator: AC Moderators

Selsix
End's Echo
PSN: Selsix

ACV: Memento Mori

Postby Selsix » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:42 pm

AC: Memento Mori
Pilot: Selsix

Armaments:
R Arm Unit: USG-23/H (Power)
L Arm Unit: UBR-05/R (Rapid Fire)
Shoulder Unit: Fenugrec AD-10
R Bay Unit: UPG-27/E (Accuracy)
L Bay Unit: KO-3K2 (Power)

Frame:
Head: HD-21 Sealeye
Core: KT-304/Xiazhi
Arms: Ems AM28-2S
Legs: ULG-21

Internal:
FCS: UFC-11 Glance
Generator: UGN-70/Ho Vital
Booster: KT-5R2/Burya
Recon Unit: URD-36/EA

Well, now that I finally found the time to beat ACV's story line (100% solo), I felt it appropriate to post my final CQC Staple and see what my friends at the ACG think.

For the weaponry, the shotgun and gatling gun speak for themselves, they are close-quarters staples. Being that I had those I needed a CE weapon and a TE weapon to pick up the slack, Battle Rifles are reminiscent of back-in-the-day Linear Rifles, and I loved those, so that one was an easy fit for the CE part. As for TE, this one took some thought, I dislike that Laser Rifles charge now, as they cannot be used fully automatic, not to mention the drain. Pulse Machine Guns fit the CQC bill, but the drain on one of those puppies is CRUSHING. I always had a thing for Plasma Weaponry back in AC2 and AC3, and ACV gave Plasma Guns a new lease on life, being a close quarters high power low drain TE weapon, I gave it a shot and LOVED it. The lower accuracy due to the slow movement and low range of the shot worried me, so I preferenced accuracy and it was good to go.

Now to explain the shoulder unit (I'm sure that I'm bound to get some "Y U NO MISSILES?!") I HATE HATE HATE the low ammo count of most weapons in ACV. The game wasn't built for solo-play but damn it, it's what I'm used to. I'm game for co-op play as much as the next guy, but if I run solo into a mission with 4 guns I should NOT be running out of ammo if there are no garages. This is where the ammo magazine comes in, it provides 35% more ammunition for almost NO drain, and very little weight, me gusta. (Also, I didn't have the weight load-out for Missiles or an Auto-Attack Gun :lol:.)

So let me know what you guys think, to summarize, my current worries are...

Low Scanning Performance
Low EN Supply
Low TE Defense
Last edited by Selsix on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark One wrote:What the FUCK!? Where has this thread gone?
One minute, we were dumping on The Master of Douche's, then its time for Happy and Griff to adopt Selsix.
Gradeus
Raven
GamerTag: Caligo Iridis

Re: ACV: Memento Mori

Postby Gradeus » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:42 pm

I share your worries with my AC, I have no idea what people consider low recovery but I run on 3800, and one design has 2100 and it's fine. Also, I'm liking you're concept, I am also solo running story mode (Zapyatoi saves my butt) and hate missiles. Extra ammo is ftw, although since I'm not done with story mode so I use CIWS. If I'm not using missiles no one should be able to use them on me. Huehuehuehuehue! I like the design, universal internals with fun weapons. Fast mode activate!

Edit: Some more things about the design, for PvP and things like that other than story mode would you consider switching the shoulder for CIWS or (would say subcomputer but that's uber drainy) something else for extra performance? CIWS at least reduces impact of CE missiles on you with your below average CE defense, which takes a load off of your mind psychologically, in my experience, helps focus on other things.
Freelance Pilot and Designer
ACFA Builds:
Requiem: FW MG/R102/203
Thalia: FW 2x-Samp/Jads
Wanabe Metalhed
Raven
GamerTag: Wanabe Metalhed

Postby Wanabe Metalhed » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:08 am

I can vouch for shoulder CIWS units, they're singularly efficient to the point of making you missile-proof until they run out. And they have more lasers than most single ACs have missiles.
Squall wrote:
Wanabe Metalhed wrote:
Chevalier wrote:Insert normal ChaseNetwork statements here.

Insert standard unusually bitter comeback here.

Insert angry, argumentative retort and unreasonable, un-enforcable demand to get back on topic, followed up by a lewd comment.
Selsix
End's Echo

Postby Selsix » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:34 pm

I appreciate the tips for CIWS, and I've tried them, and while VERY effective v.s. missiles, I'm not a fan of them for the following reasons:

-Drainy
-If my opponent lacks missiles, they are a waste of weight and drain that can't be purged.
-I lose my ammo mag (yes I could just swap back and forth for pvp matches, but I'm against modifying parts on my staple for online play).
-I've never really been much of a "defensive" player. :wink:

Gradeus wrote:(Zapyatoi saves my butt)

Yeah, I used Zapyatoi for awhile on my first draft but swapped out of it in favor of power, the ammo mag solves the ammunition issues nicely.
One minute, we were dumping on The Master of Douche's, then its time for Happy and Griff to adopt Selsix.
Gradeus
Raven
GamerTag: Caligo Iridis

Postby Gradeus » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:27 pm

About the ammo mag, yeah, I can't wait to unlock it.

And the CIWS weighs like 200 and drains 150-ish. Well the one I use. It's the starting one in the shop and it has reall no burden. Maybe the advanced ones are more drainy. Also, there's always an option to make two versions. Up to you really.
Freelance Pilot and Designer
ACFA Builds:
Requiem: FW MG/R102/203
Thalia: FW 2x-Samp/Jads
distrbed10000
MT Pilot
GamerTag: distrbed10000

Postby distrbed10000 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:58 am

i using this build atm i like it as a med bi ped as i am able to still boost fast and yet be able to jump around like it was a lightweight and the firepower is very nice. eng drain can be a issue with the pulse if you are in cqc and you have to qb to avoid the enemies attacks
Distrbed10000 -- XboxLive
Unit 02 of ZiO Matrix
Selsix
End's Echo

Postby Selsix » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Adjusted the first post to reflect the design changes I made based on my first experiences of online play.
NikolaiDoctrine
Raven
PSN: NikolaiDoctrine

Postby NikolaiDoctrine » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Missiles are highly overrated I find, and the ammo mags are very useful.

This design is frighteningly close to mine (I trade Chromeye for Sealeye and Zeus for the core), so here some design tips I've learned:

Drop weapons that you don't need, even at the beginning of a match. If you can manage 5000 EN recovery, you can just about move faster than anything. These legs are fantastic for their high turning rate, so abuse that when you can: Bipeds are best with hit-and-run tactics. This is where your shotgun and pulse gun comes in handy. If you can goad them into close range, if they don't know you have a plasma gun, you can surprise them. However, once they realize that, they'll try to hit you from longer ranges to avoid it.
Old Member, New Account
AC: Breakpoint, Midweight assault type with high mobility.

AC V - Masters of Arena, Team Leader (00)
Selsix
End's Echo

Postby Selsix » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:14 pm

NikolaiDoctrine wrote:Drop weapons that you don't need, even at the beginning of a match. If you can manage 5000 EN recovery, you can just about move faster than anything. These legs are fantastic for their high turning rate, so abuse that when you can: Bipeds are best with hit-and-run tactics. This is where your shotgun and pulse gun comes in handy. If you can goad them into close range, if they don't know you have a plasma gun, you can surprise them. However, once they realize that, they'll try to hit you from longer ranges to avoid it.

Ah, yeah. The way I have the weapons paired I generally have a combo for every type of defense selection out there, so I'll scan someone at the start and drop the two that don't fit the bill so well and go to town. :mrgreen:

Also, it's interesting that your design is similar, great minds think alike maybe? That or we both just came to the same conclusions what with the small part selection. Lol.
NikolaiDoctrine
Raven
PSN: NikolaiDoctrine

Postby NikolaiDoctrine » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:46 pm

I think it's more because the design looks sexy.
Old Member, New Account
AC: Breakpoint, Midweight assault type with high mobility.

AC V - Masters of Arena, Team Leader (00)
Alastor_Darke
MT Pilot
PSN: Kurohouka

Postby Alastor_Darke » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:04 pm

I'm liking this setup, feels mucho faster than mine, but im not liking the shotgun, worryingly long time between shots, power or not. Too much chance for the enemy to evade. Booster be Sucking dude, your glideboost took out half of your energy bar at startup, so you'll need to change the generator and maybe the boosters too. Didn't really read through all the posts here tbh so I don't know if you've already fixed the main issues, but my mech may be able to help with a couple of 'em. A querky coincidence is that my mech is incredibly similar to yours :3 only the chest and legs are different. well, apart from the suspect gen and boosters that is... Anyway I hope my design helps a little with fixing any of your problems that haven't already been solved! ^_^

http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17104
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam - Either I Shall Find A Way, Or I Shall Make One
Parry
Raven
PSN: ParryACO

Postby Parry » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Read the topic creation date. This was in 1.02.
"Those who seek Absolute Power are the absolute corruptible."

Return to “Designs Section”