F***ing Nexus, Man.

Post your AC designs here for review. You can also find discussions about design tips here as well.
(No autoprune.)

Moderator: AC Moderators

Kharos
Raven
GamerTag: wanabe metalhed

F***ing Nexus, Man.

Postby Kharos » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Question: Does anyone have a half - decent Nexus build? I don't have mine on hand right now, but I'll post it as soon as I can. I keep getting owned over and over ever since an arena match with Brimstone. It's pissing me off no end.
Timerlane
Raid Starship

Re: F***ing Nexus, Man.

Postby Timerlane » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:24 pm

As a general rule, go extreme or go home(or expect to take a lot of damage, anyway). Nexus AIs cheat like no other game before them; they often have the full PLUS suite, even further boosted cooling performance, h4x'd weapons(spray, usage drain, heat output), speed, etc. They're arguably almost useless as any sort of guide to designing a proper AC.

Dual sniper rifles(especially WYRMs) and dual WH79M2 machine guns are at their best in this game. The GLL back cannon is almost good enough even to use on a kneeling biped as a spam and dump weapon. SPART01 with 4-missile relations is pretty potent and doesn't weigh too much. When you get it, there's also the WBW98LX dual back cannon.
- Timerlane, Forum Admin of the ACGarage.
Kharos
Raven

Postby Kharos » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Cheers. I'd tried to missile spam with dual micro-missiles and relation missiles, and that's working alright vs ACs. I'll try your methods.

EDIT: Worked like a charm. The missiles combo'd with one of the machine guns softens them up, then I go akimbo on them with the machine guns to finish them off. This would have never occured to me - in ACFA (The first AC game I ever played) missiles are useless unless you go completely all-out, and gatling guns are nearly useless too. Thanks.
Timerlane
Raid Starship

Postby Timerlane » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Missiles will probably hold you until Last Raven, where fortunately, the accuracy of just about everything goes south. Ninebreaker also introduces the BP bazookas, SP heavy shotguns, and HP hanger-able handguns, which are all fairly brutal and easy to use.

Also, from Ninebreaker on, there's a micromissile pack called the SYAKATSURA that fires a few weak, but very slow-flying missiles, which cause AIs to frantically backpedal, dodge, and most importantly, completely ignore you, as long as there are missiles in flight near them.
Kharos
Raven

Postby Kharos » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Cheers. Any weapon combos for Last Raven? That's the latest one in the series I have, and the next one I'm playing.
Timerlane
Raid Starship

Postby Timerlane » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Honestly, you can make a lot of things work in single player.

Rifles get a lot more useful with the general accuracy loss(and they also received a boost in damage output). There's also finally a lightweight ST-lock rifle(for both arms) in the R3(a remake of AC2:AA 10LB rifle). Rifles are also pretty decent at breaking AC parts.

The NIX machine gun(based on the AC1 AR1000) unloads its clips so quickly that it's almost like an MG/Shotgun hybrid, and is arguably more useful than the actual shotguns now.

Someone(insane?) at From also reduced the weight of the PIXIE3 to 360kgs. If you want a dual MG design, I like pairing it with a left-arm NIX.

It's also worth noting that lockboxes are bigger in LR, and nearly all MGs and chainguns have double-size clips(notably not the 79M2).

The dual-back 98LX is as deadly as ever(and frequently breaks enemy AC parts), and the further nerfing of the GLL makes the dual-back grenade launcher a much more impressive choice.

If you like blades, there's a new super-long MOONLIGHT-caliber blade(LB4), and a much lighter LB3-like blade(ELF3, short, but powerful, especially with the blade wave), that are capable of being stored in hangar cores.
Kharos
Raven

Postby Kharos » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:33 am

So, in summary -

NIX and PIXIE3 weapon combo, 98LX back weapons, LB4 as a hanger if it's storable, ELF3 if otherwise. Cheers.

EDIT: All I can find is the back weapon and the PIXIE. Helps...?
Eclipse
MT Pilot

Postby Eclipse » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:22 am

Getting hte moonlight isnt easy. You'll have to take the Alliance side for a little while until you fight Triturate in his AC Vigiallance. After beating him you'll gain the Moonlight regardless of what rank you get at the end of the mission.

And I beleive you get teh NIX from beting crow though i'm not sure. I haven't been on a path where I had to face him in a while.
Kharos
Raven

Postby Kharos » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:19 pm

In any case, LR is too hard for me. I'm gonna buy every part in Nexus then transfer my account to LR and experiment.

Return to “Designs Section”