ACV: RoMAD [Test Build]

Post your AC designs here for review. You can also find discussions about design tips here as well.
(No autoprune.)

Moderator: AC Moderators

Apollo
Veteran Raven

Re: ACV: RoMAD [Test Build]

Postby Apollo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:55 pm

^We're probably not getting any patches.
Long-Range/High-Speed/Unconventional

My AC's:
FunnelSpider (Versions 1&2)
http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17325&p=231690#p231690

RoMAD [Test Build]
http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17299

Rabbit (Can't catch me 'cause the Rabbit don't die.)
//classified//
JayVeeEf
MT Pilot
GamerTag: JayVeeEf

Postby JayVeeEf » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Totally aware and have come to deal with and accept that. Doesn't mean a boy can't dream! Lol. I just wish they would fix the glitches with those parts. All I want to do is make a freaking recon jammer mech. If recon jammers worked I may very well have had that as my main mech. Sorry didn't mean to derail that though I'm done :-)
Chevalier
Raven
GamerTag: ChaseNetwork

Postby Chevalier » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:18 am

JayVeeEf wrote:Totally aware and have come to deal with and accept that. Doesn't mean a boy can't dream! Lol. I just wish they would fix the glitches with those parts. All I want to do is make a freaking recon jammer mech. If recon jammers worked I may very well have had that as my main mech. Sorry didn't mean to derail that though I'm done :-)

Recon Jammers only work if they happen to have the actual Recon Unit itself within it's area of effect. It doesn't actually cloak you from a Recon Unit otherwise.
Xbox Live GamerTag: "ChaseNetwork"
Time Zone: Zulu+9
Core Nexus (NA-360) - Unit [36]
Proud AC Architect
JayVeeEf
MT Pilot

Postby JayVeeEf » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Ummmmm have you actually tested this or are you just speculating because myself and other people have tested them. They only shoot like 3 feet off of you so if they do have to be used on the opponent it makes them near useless even if they did work. Tests have been done with them on the person using them and on the enemy and in a variety of ways. Different amounts of jammers from 1-5 on both, used them when the person already had a scan lock and used them again with out them having a scan lock, even went as far to put jammers on both people. All of those tests caused absolutely zero effect. Unless they actually did something during a weekly maintenance and only fixed recon jammers. I mean I haven't tried it in well over a month so I guess there is the possibility that they did get fixed.
Chevalier
Raven
GamerTag: ChaseNetwork

Postby Chevalier » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:44 pm

That's just what the Tip scroller says. I've done testing with it too, also had absolutely zero effect. Never actually tried placing a Recon Jammer over a Recon Unit though. The Tip said if a Recon Unit is within the Recon Jammer's AoE, it would degrade it in some way. It's still unclear how it's supposed to degrade. Does it hide you? Does it increase the amount of time it takes to scan you? Does it remove their ability to scan you even though can still see you? The whole thing is completely ambiguous to me.
Xbox Live GamerTag: "ChaseNetwork"
Time Zone: Zulu+9
Core Nexus (NA-360) - Unit [36]
Proud AC Architect
JayVeeEf
MT Pilot

Postby JayVeeEf » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Okay as long as you weren't getting an effect either. To be honest I probably wouldn't play it much anyway if you had to get it near the enemies recons. It seriously shoots out like 3ft lol. If I'm getting that close to someone I would much rather pile drive them then stick a recon jammer near them :-P
Gradeus
Raven
GamerTag: Caligo Iridis

Postby Gradeus » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Probably the only viable option is to mess up some poor scout mech's hover recons. And even so nobody uses those.
Freelance Pilot and Designer
ACFA Builds:
Requiem: FW MG/R102/203
Thalia: FW 2x-Samp/Jads
Apollo
Veteran Raven

Postby Apollo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:21 pm

This was darn near 6 years ago gents.
Long-Range/High-Speed/Unconventional

My AC's:
FunnelSpider (Versions 1&2)
http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17325&p=231690#p231690

RoMAD [Test Build]
http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17299

Rabbit (Can't catch me 'cause the Rabbit don't die.)
//classified//

Return to “Designs Section”