Daemon X Machina

Mech games that aren't Armored Core.

Moderator: AC Moderators

Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Daemon X Machina

Postby Griffon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Nintendo has just announced at E3 2018, a new customizable mecha game by Marvelous Entertainment coming to the Switch. But here's the kicker:
It's produced by Kenichiro Tsukuda, who produced Armored Core 2 through Nexus, or as we old fogeys know them, "The best ones". Also on board is classic AC designer Shoji Kawamori. So yeah, it's not an AC game, but it definitely has its DNA.

We may not have gotten a trailer for Armored Core 6 this year, but dare I say, we just may have gotten something even better. Considering how many of us here at The Garage haven't taken too well to many of the new AC games, this could be the game we've been waiting for.

Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Griffon
Old Bird

Re: Daemon X Machina

Postby Griffon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:46 pm

They showed off a little bit of early gameplay as well. So we've got a customizable pilot, and a hangar bay that displays weapons in your inventory (Looking at 3:25 you can see what it almost certainly this games KARASAWA). You can pick up weapons and parts from fallen enemies, as well as environmental items like cars and structural supports to use as improvised weapons. I believe you can keep enemy weapons and parts, but I doubt you'll be able to hang on to a broken I-beam after the mission. Admittedly some of the animations look a little unpolished, but hopefully they're still working on that.

It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
The Dark One
Psychosexy
PSN: TheDarkOne198

Postby The Dark One » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:30 pm

okay this looks amazing,but is it a Switch only game? I hope not as I have not really been in a rush to get one. This might change that though lol
AV courtesy of HAPPY!
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Nintendo is helping publish the game, so yeah it is exclusive to the Switch, to the disappointment of many I'm sure. Happy and I don't have one just yet, but with the upcoming releases of this, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Smash Ultimate, and My Friend Pedro, we're gonna pick one up eventually. That's kind of the nice thing about Switch, while it may lack the sheer power the PS4/XBOne have, it helps keep the price down so it's pretty easy to justify picking one up for just a handful of games.

And I've got a little more information I've been holding on to for the past week because I didn't really want to post 3 times in a row, but we have a little more info on the setting and such, and an amusing video someone made about his thoughts on the trailer. (Although I could have sworn I posted some of these images previously. Maybe I'm just getting old.)

As well as another article from Polygon.com that got some insight straight from producer Kenichiro Tsukuda. Of which my favorite piece of info is this:
Polygon.com wrote:The music is also influenced by Tsukuda and the team’s personal taste, as the game’s soundtrack is driven entirely by rock and metal — the trailer’s song is also featured in the game. Tsukuda said that metal goes beyond the soundtrack though, underscoring the action and sound effects as well.

“Shooting a gun sounds like a drum and there’s a laser blade that actually uses the sound of a guitar, “ he said. “So when you’re playing with a group of Arsenals, I was hoping to create a game that kind of felt like you were like having a jam session.”
The Dark One
Psychosexy
PSN: TheDarkOne198

Postby The Dark One » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Oh yeah,Metroid Prime 4. Two reasons for me to get a Switch. I am a shameless Metroid fanboy. I have been trying to get the Dolphin emulator to link with VBA-M all afternoon,to get the Fusion suit in Prime 1. Such a pain,can't figure it out. Anyways,if I can find a nice deal on a Switch I will surely get one,once these are out. Mario Oddesy and BotW are also enticing.
AV courtesy of HAPPY!

Return to “Mech Games”