The Video Game HELP! thread

Discuss TV, movies, books, and all non-Armored Core games or gaming systems here.

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

Should this be made into a poll so the Auto-prune doesn't eat it?

Yes
44%
Yeah
56%

Total votes: 18
Black Dragon
The Guardian

Postby Black Dragon » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:30 am

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/game/931113.html

Oh and BTW Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth is a remake of VP of Playstation, right?

Don't try to get the EP too high and recruit Lucian (to get the best ending)

As for the items I'm not sure, but try searching for a weapon called "Angel Slayer", it will help you a lot.
"...That kid was on fire... Of course, now he's LITERALLY on fire." - Duncan Fisher
Gunmoku
More Like a NONja

Postby Gunmoku » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:26 pm

Well, the only thing is most of my party (excluding Valkyrie obviously) have good Hero Ratings, and I'd hate to send them off because they're so damn reliable in combat. If you're wondering who I'm not willing to trade off easily it's Arngrim, Jun, and Jelada.
WHO AM I!? I'M SPIDER-MAN!

Bunnies can't do many things, BUT THEY CAN DANCE!!

DESU

Current avie: Itoshiki Nozomu from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei by J-Nav
Black Dragon
The Guardian

Postby Black Dragon » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:17 am

Well, you'll need to send to Lucian up :? But I guess you won't be using him too much.

And take note BTW:

Don't even try fighting Brahms (sp?)

Unless you want to see some uber fast takedown :shock:
"...That kid was on fire... Of course, now he's LITERALLY on fire." - Duncan Fisher
Renato
Elite Raven
PSN: Ravens99

Postby Renato » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:10 pm

Gunmoku if u need help with this im a master at this game! :) played it 6 times in a row *im not joking valkyrie profile is an awesome game*

the only way to get good ending is to play hard mode i got all good and normal and the bad ending too :)

Note: for starters dont play hard mode i recommend that you play through on Normal before this.

Gunmoku wrote:OK, dudes, I need some help. Specifically with Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth on PSP. I need some info on ALL of the available heros and what they can equip weapon-wise. Also, some hints on keeping your Evaluation points high would be nice as well (Damn those shiny Artifacts and me keeping them).

what u need to do is make a list of the Hero Requirements that they need u to get. note sending a Hero that meets or max of the Requirements will giive u a + 100 or 95 +Evaluation points and at the end of the chapter u will get better items and Materlize pints + as for the Artifacts take only what u need and send the rest to odin.

note: Getting a new character -2 to Valkyrie's Seal Rating and also +12 to Valkyrie's Seal Rating for sending a character to Odin

Black Dragon wrote:As for the items I'm not sure, but try searching for a weapon called "Angel Slayer", it will help you a lot.

Angel Slayer is the strongest sword in that game but the u can only get that weapon in Seraphic Gate and u have to Beat the Seraphic Gate ten times to get it too 8)

Gunmoku wrote:Well, the only thing is most of my party (excluding Valkyrie obviously) have good Hero Ratings, and I'd hate to send them off because they're so damn reliable in combat. If you're wondering who I'm not willing to trade off easily it's Arngrim, Jun, and Jelada.

i think jun has to go but if u like Jun for his Hi hit number combo keep him also for jun give him a combo jewel :wink:

i have a list of good items for each character for the game if u want to know i can post it for u here.

by the way Gunmoku what mode/chapter u are in now?
Black Dragon
The Guardian

Postby Black Dragon » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:20 am

Renato wrote:
Black Dragon wrote:As for the items I'm not sure, but try searching for a weapon called "Angel Slayer", it will help you a lot.

Angel Slayer is the strongest sword in that game but the u can only get that weapon in Seraphic Gate and u have to Beat the Seraphic Gate ten times to get it too 8)

Oh... To unlock Seraphic Gate, you still need to finish the game. My bad... :shock:

(wow Renato, six times O_O)
Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:57 pm

I'm having a hard time with an old gameboy game, and I have literally been trying to figure out it for years. It's Final Fantasy Adventure. I'm in the middle of the desert trying to find a Cave of Oasis (I believe the name is), because I can find something that will turn a musician back to a human (he's a pet bird for the mayor guy at the moment). Apparently, the musician will then be able to play music which will get rid of some poison fog.
Well, I gave a boy who claimed he could show me where it was a fang. All he does is give me some obscure riddle I have been trying to figure out. (If you want, I can go look up what the actual riddle is, it has something to do with a number and palm trees).

Short Format: Where the hell is the cave of oasis in Final Fantasy Adventure for the old gameboy?
Tastes of ACG:
|Rod= Pork| |Mage= Chicken| |Lord Vega= Lobster| |Dr. Know= poo...| |Prome= Cajun Chicken| |Wraith= Carrots| |Triple8= Oranges| |Dirk=Baked Beans| |Catastrophe= Celery| |Aries= Deer| |Zero- The Nine Breaker= Franks Hot Sauce| |Squall= Furry| |Veilside= Bean soup| |Griffon= Beef Pudding| |Deemer= Gunpowder| |Kidzero= Pastels| |ClefJ= Erasers| |Happy= Roast Duck| |Setsuna= Burnt Rubber| |Midknight= Roast Beast| |Kitsune= Eggroll| |Ditto 88= Skateboards| |Shadowspear= MREs||Fenrir= ashes|
Major props to KidZero for current avatar!!
PSN: Kitsune_CT
Black Dragon
The Guardian

Postby Black Dragon » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:53 am

"Palm trees and 8"
Sum Gi wrote:The Cave of Medusa (this is when you have to find the special oasis) is located at the oasis where there are 2 palm trees with 1 space between them. When you find this oasis, walk a figure-8 pattern around the trees, and be sure you're NOT riding your Chocobo. Try going both directions.

(BTW, I didn't play this game :ph3ar )
Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:21 pm

Black Dragon wrote:"Palm trees and 8"
Sum Gi wrote:The Cave of Medusa (this is when you have to find the special oasis) is located at the oasis where there are 2 palm trees with 1 space between them. When you find this oasis, walk a figure-8 pattern around the trees, and be sure you're NOT riding your Chocobo. Try going both directions.

(BTW, I didn't play this game :ph3ar )

Thanks for finding that man!!

On a side note: How the hell was I supposed to figure that out?!
Tastes of ACG:

|Rod= Pork| |Mage= Chicken| |Lord Vega= Lobster| |Dr. Know= poo...| |Prome= Cajun Chicken| |Wraith= Carrots| |Triple8= Oranges| |Dirk=Baked Beans| |Catastrophe= Celery| |Aries= Deer| |Zero- The Nine Breaker= Franks Hot Sauce| |Squall= Furry| |Veilside= Bean soup| |Griffon= Beef Pudding| |Deemer= Gunpowder| |Kidzero= Pastels| |ClefJ= Erasers| |Happy= Roast Duck| |Setsuna= Burnt Rubber| |Midknight= Roast Beast| |Kitsune= Eggroll| |Ditto 88= Skateboards| |Shadowspear= MREs||Fenrir= ashes|

Major props to KidZero for current avatar!!

PSN: Kitsune_CT
Black Dragon
The Guardian

Postby Black Dragon » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:47 am

My bad :oops:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gamebo ... 63272.html
Robert Paulson wrote:The cave is located
(s,e,s,s,e,s,s,w,n) of outside Jadd.
RoD
The Greatest Nightmare

Postby RoD » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:53 pm

I wanted to know who played GunZ: The Duel, and if you would recommend it. I remember good ol' Prome played it and constantly nagged me about joining. Anyone feel the same?

((Didn't quite want to start an entire topic, although if I will if need be))
The Raven of Darkness still exists. He simply lurks in the... well, the Darkness. >.>

"You Must Construct Additional Pylons. You Have Not Enough Pylons. You Require More Pylons. Not Enough Pylons."

XBL : ROFLcoptorz
Gunmoku
More Like a NONja

Postby Gunmoku » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Sadly, I think GunZ: The Duel has tanked. The website isn't there anymore.

Also, dudes, I have a request: This time for Elder Scroll IV on PC.

I need to know 2 things:

-Where to buy good weapons (Not legendary, but if you can name some good ones, please do)

-Any good way to make fast money

DESU

Promethius
Ginga Bishounen
PSN: Deathgeese

Postby Promethius » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:51 pm

Gunmoku wrote:Sadly, I think GunZ: The Duel has tanked. The website isn't there anymore.

Also, dudes, I have a request: This time for Elder Scroll IV on PC.

I need to know 2 things:

-Where to buy good weapons (Not legendary, but if you can name some good ones, please do)

-Any good way to make fast money

Well, I haven't played Oblivion, yet, but I HAVE played a lot of Morrowind. So, I'm not sure this rule will apply, but I'm pretty confident it will.

Steal. Steal everything you can get your grimey little hands on. Then SELL IT! SELL IT ALL! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Particularly, get into alchemy. I know in Morrowind that you could make potions that had a bunch of crappy, negative effects. So, while they were useless to use, there were excellent to sell. Raking in much money in large quantities. Or even just make a bunch of potions that you have no use for. That works as well. They don't have to be negative status effect potions.

But, yeah. Steal expensive items. With a vengeance.
Gunmoku
More Like a NONja

Postby Gunmoku » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:12 pm

Well, I've tried stealing, and I'm not the greatest thief (I'm a friggin Battlemage, not a Rogue). I HAVE busted into a blacksmith's once and gotten away with it.

Now I wanna try the Alchemy stuff, so perhaps I'll give that a shot. I'll see what kinda results I get.

DESU

Black Dragon
The Guardian

Postby Black Dragon » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:33 am

I was actually reading some stuff in a local gaming magazine, try this:

Kill a guy named Darius, he's in his house, then loot his body, go out then return. His gold should respawn.

Or

Try the arena, use a spell or something to float around the spikes and watch you opponent die because of it (they'll step on the spikes)

You should earn gold quickly that way, use it to buy stuffs.

Anyway, I still don't have this game :?
Gunmoku
More Like a NONja

Postby Gunmoku » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:21 pm

I would assassinate someone, but I'm still level 1!!

Actually, I failed to mention my current big task is getting into the Arcane University and learning some magic spells, and perhaps learning alchemy and armoring to create some custom weapons.

Also, does anyone know a good place to find some good armor for a Battlemage?

DESU

samythevilsnail
Raven

Postby samythevilsnail » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:09 am

You could try joining the dark brotherhood. Good pay (in items). The assignments might require some skill tho.

Your level doesnt really matter; the level of the particular skill eg. blade, blunt, destruction etc. is what deals the damage. Try being sneaky, backstabby etc. Once you get mad alchemy skillz, try poisoning your dagger/mace/whatever before you sneak attack. You can be creative with how you want to screw 'em. Fatigue, magicka, hp drain - whatever works for you. Works wonders.
Uniform Retardation

Sam's story blog: www.iamquitethefool.blogspot.com
Gunmoku
More Like a NONja

Postby Gunmoku » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:57 pm

Been trying Oblivion out with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, and it makes the game a bit more fun since it ditches the scaled levelling system in favor of a more fixed level for NPCs and loot (In basic terms, you could technically be wielding a Daedric weapon at level 5 if you can kill an NPC holding one).

EDIT:// Won't be needing help in Oblivion anymore, everything in the damn game is as insignificant as a worm now. I now have what Setsuna had dubbed "Purple Jesus," or more commonly known in the game as UMBRA. Yes, I now have the most powerful sword in the game (as far as I know). This thing kills about any living or undead creature in a single slash, and even traps their souls for summoning later.

DESU

RoD
The Greatest Nightmare

Postby RoD » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Well, this thread may be dead, and what I'm about to ask may not be so much help for a game, but a question about it.

Battlefield 2 and the Expansion: Do they cost money to get on teh intraweb or not? I know, I've asked this bloody question a billion times, I'm sure, but I saw it again today in Wal-Mart and I'm considering it.

I'm sure someone on this board knows, so... help?
The Raven of Darkness still exists. He simply lurks in the... well, the Darkness. >.>

"You Must Construct Additional Pylons. You Have Not Enough Pylons. You Require More Pylons. Not Enough Pylons."

XBL : ROFLcoptorz
Sigma
NEVER DIE!
GamerTag: SigmaRH

Postby Sigma » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:08 pm

It's teh free.
AV by KidZero!
Bunniesssssssssssss.......-Cheese, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
Zweit wrote:. 'cause computer programs always announce what they're about to do 'n junk.

My X-Fire
Listening to:
The Dark One
Psychosexy
PSN: TheDarkOne198

Postby The Dark One » Sat May 05, 2007 8:20 pm

Finding Omega Mark XIII (i think thats his name) in the great crystal on FF12,I've already beaten Yiazmat,so I'm sure I can take out Omega.I just can't find him.I HATE MAZES!!!
AV courtesy of HAPPY!

Return to “General Media”