The Video Game HELP! thread

Discuss TV, movies, books, and all non-Armored Core games or gaming systems here.

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

Should this be made into a poll so the Auto-prune doesn't eat it?

Yes
44%
Yeah
56%

Total votes: 18
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

The Video Game HELP! thread

Postby Griffon » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:11 pm

I felt this section could benefit from something like this...
Having trouble with a game, or a certain part of one? Post here, asking for HELP! and hopefully someone can provide. ^_^ I'll go first.

Myself, I need some serious help in Halo (Computer version, if there is any kind of difference from the X-Box version...probably not) But anyway, I'm on the second part of the FLOOD, where you have to follow around that floating robot thing. I keep dying. A LOT.
HELP!
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:24 pm

Two games, for me.

1) Drakengard. SOMEONE, TELL ME HOW TO KILL THE DAMNED FINAL BOSS WITHOUT DYING EVERY THREE SECONDS. Yes, I know all the "tricks", as it were.

2) High Max. Mega Man X6. That's right. I'm trying to kill him. Info???
Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies
Current Avatar: Fumika of Shigofumi, by J-Nav
PSN Tag: VegaVaikyuko
"Women are angels of mercy to me." -- Edgar Allen Poe
Promethius
Ginga Bishounen
PSN: Deathgeese

Postby Promethius » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:39 pm

Well, Griff, the only strategy I EVER used for that level was to KICK TOTAL A**!

As for some real tips...

1)The shotgun=your lover. One hit kills. 'Nuff said
2)Use grenades in high concentrations of Flood for maximum damage. This, you probably already knew, but must be emphasized in this situation.
3)Snipers=useless. Use the assault rifle or if you can't get one/keep it loaded, use the pistol. I say the assault rifle because it works in close range as well.

I cannot emphasize enough how significant the shotgun is to your victory in this level. The other tips are almost a moot point given the existence of the shotgun. Get one. Use it. Blow the Flood to CHUNKS!

What difficulty level are you on, Griff?

Btw, if anyone needs some help on Ninja Gaiden Black, I'm here for the asking. The asking of help. 8)
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:41 pm

I'm on the regular difficulty, I think. I don't remember changing it to easy or hard. The problem is, I HAD my shotgun at the end of the first part, then the little robot thing teleported me, and I was stuck with the Assault Rifle with not much ammo, and handgun :(
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Promethius
Ginga Bishounen
PSN: Deathgeese

Postby Promethius » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:16 pm

Griffon wrote:I'm on the regular difficulty, I think. I don't remember changing it to easy or hard. The problem is, I HAD my shotgun at the end of the first part, then the little robot thing teleported me, and I was stuck with the Assault Rifle with not much ammo, and handgun :(

Oh...

Well then I guess my first piece of advice applies: Kick A**....till you get a shotgun. Then you'll do things so horrible to their a**es that I can't even speak of it on this here forum...even if I was censored. :shock:
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:34 pm

Lord Vega wrote:Two games, for me.

1) Drakengard. SOMEONE, TELL ME HOW TO KILL THE DAMNED FINAL BOSS WITHOUT DYING EVERY THREE SECONDS. Yes, I know all the "tricks", as it were.

2) High Max. Mega Man X6. That's right. I'm trying to kill him. Info???

High Max?

Only weapo nthat works is that metal Anchor thing IIRC. Usign X to fire it, or usign Zero to attack with the sword that makes them on contact with the grond has the same efftct, though Zero's has a higher hti rate because you can do it right above Max.

It is, IIRC, the ONLY weapon that will even touch him for any damage. use Zero because you wotn run otu fo ammo either, liek you will with X.

If you dotn have the weapon yet, just let him kill you until you need to select cotninue form the begining of the stage or stage select, and either pick continue and avoid the path that leads to Max, or go and get the Anchor and thn kill him with it.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:35 pm

Gotcha. The SOB's in the Weapon Center, so I should be all clear to go kill Metal Shark Player in the Recycle place. w00t.
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:38 pm

Yep.

ALso note that Max will show up in a couple of other places at the end of those secondary routes, alognwith Dynamo. Yeah.he survived the Colony Drop, stubborn bugger.

This time around he seems more or less intent on simply annoying X and Zero, instead of actuall tryign to take them out, and only gets serious i na fight when hes low on health
Midknight
Elite Raven

Postby Midknight » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:26 am

But anyway, I'm on the second part of the FLOOD, where you have to follow around that floating robot thing. I keep dying. A LOT.

Simple. Don't follow him - the game's events only occur due to trigger points on the map that you pass. You have unlimited time to complete the mission, and while the waves of Flood seem endless, they really aren't. Eventually the attacks will peter out. Find yourself a secure position, preferably with an escape route for when things go all pear shaped, and blow away wave after wave of Flood until they stop coming. Then, set off in the last seen direction of the Monitor until you pick up the trail again.

Some other general tips for playing through the mission:

1) You start the mission with an assault rifle. Grab a shotgun as soon as possible; many Flood carry them, and ammo is plentiful. For secondary arnament I prefer the pistol, although this can be any weapon of your choice.
2) Grenades are your friend; frag grenades, especially. Note that grenades on the ground are triggered by nearby explosions; keep this in mind when placing shots - you might end up depriving yourself of valuable ammo or killing yourself in a chain reaction. On the other hand, you might take out a whole Flood wave.
3) Carrier forms are your friend if you treat them properly. The bloated Carrier forms (the exploding ones) can be shot at range, and the explosion will generally kill any Flood beside them. This is why I take the pistol - it's accurate at long range and detonates them in two shots.
4) Abuse the sentinels that the Monitor summons. Stick close to them and leave them only when absolutely necessary. On Legendary this isn't a good idea, as they will last all of three seconds; but on Normal they're powerful enough to at least cover your back.
5) Figure out where the Flood spawns, and if any special Flood are giving you difficulty (strategically placed rocket launcher Combat Forms, for example) - every time you die, try to take note of where the buggers came from.
Normally they'll come out of the cavernous ventilation chutes above you to your right and left - watch those and your motion sensor, and take them out before they make it to the ground. Alternatively, throw a plasma (sticky) grenade or frag grenade into the chute as soon as your motion sensor shows movement there - it'll hopefully blow out most of the Flood as they drop in, allowing you to concentrate on other enemies.
In my experience plasma tends to work better for me because it doesn't bounce as crazily as frag, and can be placed with better accuracy.
6) Remember that you have unlimited time and the Monitor will wait for you, as outlined above. If you need to scrounge ammo and/or medikits, double back and go for it.

And if it seems hard now, wait till you try the game on Legendary. :twisted:
"I like to quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation."
- George Bernard Shaw
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:19 am

Thanks a LOT, Prome and Mid!! :shock:
Man, that part was kinda crazy, but yeah, after I figured out what I was doing wrong (aka, the FIRST thing Midknight said). And yeah..the shotgun = FloodAway. Myself, i found the best combo was the Shottie, and then after the main guys are dead, keep the AST rifle, and use it to blow away the little swarmy things...

Anyway, Thanks for your help guys!
Mage
The Dancin' Mage

Postby Mage » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:20 am

Just wait till you try to beat the game on Legendary. :twisted:

The new ending they give you is worth it though. :wink:
Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:40 pm

Alright, I just finally got my DVD-ROM drive on my XPS (desktop) to work so I installed Oblivion on it. Installation seemed to go by without a hitch, and I started up the game fine as well. However, after the starting movie, I keep getting a Microsoft (I hate you) error message. I've tried reinstalling, restarting, playing the game in only windowed mode, and even lowered the graphics settings a little (weren't too high to begin with). Nothing...
If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated.
Tastes of ACG:
|Rod= Pork| |Mage= Chicken| |Lord Vega= Lobster| |Dr. Know= poo...| |Prome= Cajun Chicken| |Wraith= Carrots| |Triple8= Oranges| |Dirk=Baked Beans| |Catastrophe= Celery| |Aries= Deer| |Zero- The Nine Breaker= Franks Hot Sauce| |Squall= Furry| |Veilside= Bean soup| |Griffon= Beef Pudding| |Deemer= Gunpowder| |Kidzero= Pastels| |ClefJ= Erasers| |Happy= Roast Duck| |Setsuna= Burnt Rubber| |Midknight= Roast Beast| |Kitsune= Eggroll| |Ditto 88= Skateboards| |Shadowspear= MREs||Fenrir= ashes|
Major props to KidZero for current avatar!!
PSN: Kitsune_CT
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:43 pm

I installed my KOTOR, seeing that the specs were far below my computer's 1337 capabilities, Kits. Yet I had to get a graphic card update anyways. Try doing that (go to Google, and look up how to update your graphics card drivers).
Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:53 pm

the problem is that I can't even get to the part of the game past the opening cinema. My other computer (laptop Inspiron 8500) shouldn't be able to even run it (too weak of a graphics card) but it will actually get to the game part (the screen is all white but you can still move around... kinda freaky actually). I think the main problem is with XP. But if all else fails I'll try the updating thing.
Tastes of ACG:

|Rod= Pork| |Mage= Chicken| |Lord Vega= Lobster| |Dr. Know= poo...| |Prome= Cajun Chicken| |Wraith= Carrots| |Triple8= Oranges| |Dirk=Baked Beans| |Catastrophe= Celery| |Aries= Deer| |Zero- The Nine Breaker= Franks Hot Sauce| |Squall= Furry| |Veilside= Bean soup| |Griffon= Beef Pudding| |Deemer= Gunpowder| |Kidzero= Pastels| |ClefJ= Erasers| |Happy= Roast Duck| |Setsuna= Burnt Rubber| |Midknight= Roast Beast| |Kitsune= Eggroll| |Ditto 88= Skateboards| |Shadowspear= MREs||Fenrir= ashes|

Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:10 pm

The problem with my KOTOR was that I finished installing it, started it up, and got what looked like the Millenium Falcon's mom sitting there at the "Hi. No. I'm loading." screen. Then the screen went black and I had to force-shut down the program or it would sit like that (I left it for half an hour -- it wasn't doing ANYTHING). As soon as I updated my graphic drivers? BAM, working.
Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:20 pm

see, mine gets into the game and quits at a certain point (right before I assume control) every time and comes up with a microsoft error message... I am not the only one who has this problem... there's a whole 6 page and counting thread at the official forums.
Tastes of ACG:

JET
Fallen Angel
PSN: gc252

Postby JET » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:04 pm

KH2: I recently came upon the most annoying little roadblock. can't remember his name, but he's the nobody that uses guns to attack, and teleports around. he always seems to kill me...ALWAYS...with that stupid berserk mode.
RoD
The Greatest Nightmare

Postby RoD » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:32 pm

Guns. Therefore, you are talking of Xigbar, the 'Freeshooter'.

Ah yes, he can be quite the bugger. If by Berserk, you mean when you get teleported onto a very small square arena, then the ky is to run around in circles. You heard me. The first few shots may hit you. But then the end of it happens, they just follow you; never hitting.

If there is anything else KH2 related, or that's not the berserk you're talking about, post it here. BTW, I would only use the word Berserk for Saix, seeing as he is the one that actually goes 'Berserk'.
The Raven of Darkness still exists. He simply lurks in the... well, the Darkness. >.>

"You Must Construct Additional Pylons. You Have Not Enough Pylons. You Require More Pylons. Not Enough Pylons."

XBL : ROFLcoptorz
miniSAWA3.0
Veteran Raven

Postby miniSAWA3.0 » Fri May 12, 2006 4:37 pm

This question has to do with unlocking the fight with Night Terror in Soul Calibur 3.

Ok, so I'm at the point where I've unlocked next to everything in the game (though I haven't played in a month or so) , but I still haven't fought Night Terror. So, my question is:

What specifically do you have to do to get to the Night Terror battle?
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other moron die for his.

Other people may be different, but I'm differenter.

~(ohburnmatt..waitnonvrmnd)~
Black Dragon
The Guardian

Postby Black Dragon » Tue May 16, 2006 5:23 am

OOOOOOH...

I get it, there's a specific path to be followed, check the secret faq section

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/927089.html

So that's why there were times we didn't encounter him :shock:
"...That kid was on fire... Of course, now he's LITERALLY on fire." - Duncan Fisher

Return to “General Media”