Discuss TV, movies, books, and all non-Armored Core games or gaming systems here.

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

Can you believe Deemer lost?(this is really just a question to keep the thread alive)

Liek OMG! That's impossible!
Total votes: 28

StarCraft 2 as a third-person zombie shooter

Postby VeilSide » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:40 pm

AC130K - Ruins (Starcraft 2 zombie shooter map)
i hate activision, and by association, i guess i hate blizzard as well. that said, i still believe in giving credit
where credit is due. it's amazing how flexible the Starcraft 2 engine can be. people are making amazing
mods/maps and a user by the name of malou5a has made this amazing StarCraft 2 map which will let you
play the game as a third person zombie shooter.

it's not the source engine, but still awesome.

it would be even more awesome, imho, if several players controlled the spectres/ghosts in 3rd person shooter
fashion. and one other player controls the zerg swarm in top-down RTS style, giving a feeling of truly being
a nigh-omniscient overmind.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
PSN: Obiyer

Re: StarCraft

Postby Obiyer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:13 pm

That's cool VeilSide, there is a game called Savage 2 that is like you mentioned. I haven't played it due to system requirements. I enjoyed the first one though, the original Savage, and it's mechanics are similar to what you described above. Actually, there's also another game called Battleswarm that has a mode exactly like you mentioned, but is more clunky, and hardly anyone plays it.

As for me getting this game, ahh, who knows. I think I've played the first one enough. I want to concentrate on fighting games though or maybe back to FPS's/TPS's.
Xeno Breaker
PSN: XenoVega
GamerTag: Vegaloo

Re: StarCraft

Postby Vega » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Well I'm loving Star Craft 2, still feels like home, or the original with minor changes! Add me on your friends list if you like. thats the email I use for the game. I look forward to seeing some of you online!
ACV Team: Core Nexus [04] - Team Leader

Life is all, just a dream...A dream you can never wake up from.

Return to “General Media”