StarCraft

Discuss TV, movies, books, and all non-Armored Core games or gaming systems here.

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

Can you believe Deemer lost?(this is really just a question to keep the thread alive)

yes
46%
no
7%
Liek OMG! That's impossible!
46%

Total votes: 28
VeilSide
Imprezario
PSN: CH0K1NG_H4Z4RD

Postby VeilSide » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:22 pm

:D i just thought you Koreans starcraft fans would like this:

Starcraft to Starcraft 2 Mod!
Some Spanish Starcraft gamers are working on a pretty cool mod, basically placing Starcraft 2 units into Starcraft to be exact. So to those of you guys that can't wait, try out their mod.
VHEMT

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
VeilSide
Imprezario

GENTLEMEN,

Postby VeilSide » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:28 am

I give you... StarCraft Cake!
VHEMT

Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Re: GENTLEMEN,

Postby Griffon » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:53 am

VeilSide wrote:I give you... StarCraft Cake!

kake kake kake kake :D
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
RoD
The Greatest Nightmare

Re: StarCraft

Postby RoD » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Has anyone been keeping up with the Battle Reports? They had full-scale battles of Terran v Protoss, Terran v Zerg, and Zerg v Protoss.
The Raven of Darkness still exists. He simply lurks in the... well, the Darkness. >.>

"You Must Construct Additional Pylons. You Have Not Enough Pylons. You Require More Pylons. Not Enough Pylons."

XBL : ROFLcoptorz
VeilSide
Imprezario

No LAN Confirmed

Postby VeilSide » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:43 pm

hey, guys! :D Starcraft 2 just came out! lets have a big LAN party to celebrate!

oh wait... :|

srfto wrote:StarCraft 2: No Lan Confirmed, New Gameplay Footage
June 29, 2009

Blizzard just recently confirmed that there will be no LAN (local area networking) game mode in StarCraft 2. This was confirmed in a interview with Rob Pardo, senior VP of game design at Blizzard Entertainment. Rob Pardo stated:

Rob Pardo wrote:“we don’t have any plans to support LAN,” he said and clarified “we will not support it.” The only multiplayer available will be on Battle.net.

Later on, IncGamers also got a clarification from Blizzard, saying the choice of excluding a LAN feature:

Blizzard wrote:“is because of the planned technology to be incorporated into Battle.net.”

This is a big gamble for Blizzard since there are a lot of gamers out there that still use LAN to play with their friends. Also, note that Blizzard will not be porting the game to consoles. Still, no confirmation on the release date for StarCraft 2.

Check out the new gameplay video below.

... aaand computer labs everywhere just got really pissed off. :?
VHEMT

DualFace
Raven

Postby DualFace » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Yeah, I agree. No LAN? WTFF!? And their 'reason' makes no sense to me (yet)---it's like it's from out space
or something. I'm unable to comprehend it.
VeilSide
Imprezario

Postby VeilSide » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:13 am

it's an obvious ploy to make more money. the only reason not to incorporate LAN gameplay is to require everyone who wants to play to have a valid CD key in order to play multiplayer.

if anything, this is just going to make it harder for people who have legit keys to play together since they have to find each other through battle net.

and if gameplay has to be routed through an ISP and battle.net, oh i can already hear the complaints and bitching about lag.
VHEMT

Amrius
Disciple of Reason

Postby Amrius » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:55 am

I am officially pissed off at Blizzard.
I suck at life.
DualFace
Raven

Postby DualFace » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:18 pm

VeilSide wrote:it's an obvious ploy to make more money. the only reason not to incorporate LAN gameplay is to require everyone who wants to play to have a valid CD key in order to play multiplayer.

I been thinking about what you said---and while I understand it if a company really loathes any threats of
piracy enough to do this---I was also thinking about the possibility for Blizzard to say this now, but when the
game finally does hit shelves and you're logged into BattleNet for the first time with it, maybe they (I'm hoping)
will give you the LAN feature straight away as some sort of update/download after having entered a legitimate
CD-Key. Cripes, they had better give us LAN...it seems so ridiculous not to have it, especially for games like
this. WTF.
Heon
The Black Eagle
PSN: xJeganx
GamerTag: xJeganx

Postby Heon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:56 pm

Starcraft 2 Closed Beta went live today! Unfortunately I did not get any beta invite yet (despite registering since the first day) although it will take a couple of days for everybody in the first wave to get their invite and more waves will be sent out later on. I fear if I get in the beta my job and girlfriend won't be too happy.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-starcraft-ii-closed-beta-is-live-updated--164084.phtml
VeilSide
Imprezario

StarCraft II Beta (sort of) CRACKED!

Postby VeilSide » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:05 pm

wanna get a sneak peek at SC2 gameplay without having to pay $300+ for a beta access key?
i got the hook ups:

1. download the StarCraft II Beta client version 13891. if you haven't already. you can get it here.
  2. get the crack here. don't worry - it's legit.
  3. install the SC2 client.
  4. run the crack. you don't need a battle.net account for this.
  5. choose a map to play on. they can be found in the SC2 cache folder, assuming you already downloaded the maps.
    • if you haven't, you can get them here. it doesn't matter where you save the folder, as long as you don't forget where it is.
    • the cache has MANY sub-folders. i suggest running a search in the cache folder for .s2ma files (these are the map files that the crack needs to run) and choosing one.
    • for ease of later use, i suggest copy & pasting all the results of your search into a separate folder, so that you don't have to go hunting within the cache's labyrinthian bowels each time you want to play.
  6. you will be randomly assigned a race. if you don't want to play as that race, back out and try again. racist.
  7. you will automatically be declared the winner of a match. choose to continue playing.
  8. enjoy!
realize that this is an early crack. i have heard that blizzard has capped the AI difficulty level to "low". unfortunately, the crack does not allow for vs AI gameplay, but i'm sure there will be a way around this soon enough. until then, you can mess around with the races and their new features and abilities and start memorizing the new tech trees and maps.
VHEMT

Heon
The Black Eagle

Postby Heon » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:02 pm

Veil you are a godsend lol. At least this allows some familiarization with the new units and stuff before hand...for if I ever get into the beta
VeilSide
Imprezario

StarCraft II vs AI FFA Crack

Postby VeilSide » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Heon wrote:Veil you are a godsend lol.

you ain't seen nuthin' yet. :D

okay, once again from the beginning:
  1. you'll need the StarCraft II beta client build 13891.
  2. install that bitch.
  3. get the cache, maps, and replays folders.
    • instructions are included. make your teachers proud and read them.
  4. get the LazyLaunch Crack.
    • you can extract this anywhere. i recommend the desktop.
  5. select your AI difficulty:
  6. get these maps to play against the AI:
  7. run the lazylaunch.exe crack and open a map from the ones that you downloaded from step 6
  8. you will be randomly assigned a race. don't like the race you were dealt? this ain't the NAACP, just back out and try again lol.
  9. fuck Blizzard and enjoy the game against the AI.
now all we need to do is await the multiplayer crack. :lol:
VHEMT

Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:40 am

Those torrents still work? I can't seem to get it to start DLing
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Heon
The Black Eagle

Postby Heon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 am

Torrents still work, just downloaded the files. I will keep seeding them all day as well. Oh and VeilSide, you are the awesome!
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:39 pm

I keep getting "Problem connecting to tracker" :?
I'll try DLing a different torrent program.

EDIT: Dammit. I think I got it to start working when I noticed it was an exe file. :(
Mirshan
Pleasantly Insane

Postby Mirshan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:26 am

so yeah, gonna be looking to run some team matches when this releases.
Dirk: "Well, I did talk to Mirshan today, and that always makes me hate the right people."
VeilSide
Imprezario

kekekekekekekekeke

Postby VeilSide » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:00 pm

Ultralisk vs 798 Zerglings
i doubt that anyone in a real game would make 798 zerglings and not research a single upgrade, but still.
i don't know which was more impressive, the fact that the ultralisk lost only slightly more than half of its
health, or that they were able to display ~800 units at once.

also,

StarCraft Cheating Scandal Rocks South Korea
"Reports of widespread match-fixing and illegal betting is rocking the pro-gamer StarCraft community in the country,
shaming some of the most popular professional StarCraft players into retiring. This includes several legendary players
including Ja Mae Yoon (sAviOr). The level of corruption is comparable to the White Sox and Tim Donaghy scandals."
VHEMT

Heon
The Black Eagle

Postby Heon » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:34 am

Pre-order Starcraft II at Gamestop and get a beta key! I ended up going with the collector's edition, I usually don't pay extra for special editions but for SCII I can make an exception. Although it figures yesterday Bnet servers were being reset so I still haven't been able to play an online match yet.
Deemer
Mad Scientist

Postby Deemer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:08 pm

been playing online with an actual beta key for several weeks now, so far im having a blast with the game.
anyone else with a beta key feel free to add me on Battle.net, and ask me to play whenever you see me on....my name is Deemer.ACG
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I invented it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what would happen if I do" - Gune from Titan AE

Return to “General Media”