Phantasy Star Online 2

Discuss TV, movies, books, and all non-Armored Core games or gaming systems here.

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

Squall
Furry LoD

Phantasy Star Online 2

Postby Squall » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:53 am

Anyone hear about this?

http://www.pso-world.com/
Huckebein the raven
Raven

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2

Postby Huckebein the raven » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:51 pm

are you into phantasy star?
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Hell yes! Been through all of the games that were released in the US, I'd love to get my hands on the rest though, including the text adventure games just for the hell of it. I think PS4 is my personal favorite of them though, sure....PS4 is like the FF7 of Phantasy Star, people get bent out of shape obsessed with it, but I play it because I like it, not because others do.

Currently got PS Portable 2 on my PSP (my memstick with my original Squall Endymion fried though so I've had to redo him recently here, as in...it fried last week and the new one is new as of yesterday and is level 5 lol) and PS Zero on the DS, I can get online on either if ya play, or if ya play on the Schthack PSOBB server, I'm on there too.

I also play on Champions Online but I have my own char there, though I did for lols make a HUmar from PSO on that too.
Chevalier
Raven
GamerTag: ChaseNetwork

Postby Chevalier » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:45 am

I've been anticipating PSO2 as well. My introduction to PS is just PSU, but I still enjoy the concepts put behind it.
Xbox Live GamerTag: "ChaseNetwork"
Time Zone: Zulu+9
Core Nexus (NA-360) - Unit [36]
Proud AC Architect
Amrius
Disciple of Reason

Postby Amrius » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:02 pm

I really hope they balance the classes better this time around so that the HuNeweral isn't the only sensible choice if you want to be a Hunter. Come to think of it, I hope they balance it so the female classes don't outclass their male counterparts in almost every aspect.
I suck at life.
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Well, they did, with Phantasy Star Universe, but there were...other issues with that game.
Amrius
Disciple of Reason

Postby Amrius » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:36 am

I never played PSU. Have high hopes for PS02.
I suck at life.
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Well, with PSU, and its derivatives on the PSP (Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2, 2 is playable online FREE by the way)

THey set it so while species had an impact on stats, Gender did not, and species/gender combinations did not lock you out of going with classes, as in, you picked your species, gender, and then your class. made for a bit more one could do with their character. There were even advanced classes and crossclasses you could take. Species also did not really mess up things, like...I know that there were some Purists running around near the start, who bitched about how Beasts were being played as Forces, when they should "only be Hunters to take advantage of their higher physical defense and strength" and complained when I was playing a Beast Ranger and later a Guntecher (THink a combination of Force and Ranger and you get the idea). WHy I did that? Because I had VERY high defense, and Very high Damage power both with blades and guns, yeah my accuracy wasn't GREAT but I took care of that with items in my armor slots to compensate, and my tech usage was primarily battlefield Medic. I later went Wartecher (Hunter/Force) TO play a class that was SO MUCH LIKE THE OLD HUmar from PSO, that my old battlefield sword medic tactics worked perfectly. I still used Slicers and Guns primarily, as well as dual knives (you could do singleknives too but eh) so I could cover my allies in close to mid range, since slicers in PSU are wielded in a much quicker usage method than the old PSO style, and can be viable in Blade range melee, striking a target with a slicer, and then watching as you down that guy, and the throwing photon blade just keeps flying through the crowd behind it, then bringing my TechMag to bear on an ally I was saving the ass of to Resta them and then pull back guns blazing. Yeah the Expansion on PS2, Ambitions of the Illuminus, added Tech and Range Mags (tech mags look almost exactly like the old PSO style, most of them did, AND instead of just sitting inert boosting stats, you could use them the way you used a righthand held cane, but set to your left hand slot instead, Range mags worked like Exceed Orbits in AC3-LR, filling that same slot)

The second PSP game, PSP2, actually lets you just do whatever the hell you want on what weapons you want to use, Class settings now only impact stats, you have a certain number of points you have available to work with and you can allocate them to what weapon types you want to use, allocate more to use higher grade letter versions, like...instead of using storebuyable C Ranks you want to use that rare A Rank? just allocate enough points to it, PLUS you can undo that later with no charge. Now....the point cost per rank/weapon type varied per class, like...RIfles would cost more points for a Hunter or Force to rank up past C rank, while a Sword would cost more for Rangers and Forces, but in reality it isn't all that bad a variation either. I like what they did with that game, I'm actually hoping they use a similar tactic with PSO2, if they are going to use PSU originating ideas at all, otherwise.....I really have no qualms of them going with the old PSO1 style for stats per species/gender, They did that for the DS game PS Zero.

PS Zero is basically PSO in a less tech advanced civilization, and already on a planet (which turns out to actually be the planet the colonists in PSO were fleeing from, making it a prequel)
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:33 am

BUMPED FOR MASSVIE UPDATE

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02444-pha ... r-released

Also additional information, according to some statements I have heard, there might not be a SPECIFICALLY NA release but more or less, given the game is going the FULL Free to play route as in free DL and subsiquently no online fees, but with a Cash SHop, one can simply DL the japanese version which will feature menu translations in other languages. Menu option placeholders for english were found via datamining.

Yes....we get to play with the CHAR CREATION MENU FINALLY!!!!!

SHOW ME YER PEOPLE, GANG.

THIS IS THE REVIVAL OF MY OLD HUmar, JANIS AULDER, the human who was one of Squall's bastard kids heh.

Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:48 am

Not to Necropost or anything BUT...

PSO2 OPEN BETA IS ACTIVE AND ONLINE RIGHT NOW!

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02452-pha ... -june-21st
Parry
Raven
PSN: ParryACO

Postby Parry » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:15 pm

Need some female char pics in this.
"Those who seek Absolute Power are the absolute corruptible."

Return to “General Media”