Gran Turismo 4 Racing League

Discuss TV, movies, books, and all non-Armored Core games or gaming systems here.

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

Do you think this is a good idea?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 7
Kitsune
THE TASTER

Gran Turismo 4 Racing League

Postby Kitsune » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:17 am

Hello to all you fellow Gran Turismo fans!
I was just playing the game tonight when I had an idea that I thought would provide a little friendly (and I stress that) competition. By doing this here, instead of a GT4 specific website, it allows those of us who don't have the time to play enough to compete without facing the best of the best. I'll outline my thoughts for the league below.

The "league" will basically be a week by week (or bimonthly) event that includes five races per event. The following would be the categories: 200hp or less, 400hp or less, 600hp or less, 800hp or less, and 800 hp and above. The rules for each race are no head on collisions with walls (if you do, just restart the race), no collisions with A.I. (just turn them off), and no utilizing glitches or cheats of any kind. Each participant can enter ALL of the races.

In each event, the participant gets 100 points x # of opponents beat in that event. The winner gets an automatic extra hundred points (basically, 100 x # of opponents beat + 100). So, if only one person entered an event, they would get 100 points. If three people entered an event, the first place driver would get 300 points, the second place driver 100 points, and the third place driver would, unfortunately, get no points (but hey, it's just for fun :wink: ).

Each week would have a different track selection chosen randomly from all the courses nominated by the participants. Almost any track is open (however, please be gracious and choose mainly those that most players will have), except for snow and dirt courses (those courses may be included later in "special events").

Special events include the following: Dirt and Snow Courses (would be arranged exactly the same as a normal course, only with the courses being dirt and snow... will also not happen as often as normal courses), Country Specific Cars (only cars from America for example), and championships. The first two special events are held exactly like normal events (with the same restrictions on horsepower as before).

The championships are slightly different, however. The championships are 1 on 1 duels in a single elimination format. The championship horsepower restrictions will be chosen at random (using a random number generator, some dice, or a combination and vodoo magic). The 1st place driver gets 1000 points, along with bragging rights. The second place driver gets 500, the third place driver 300, and the fourth place driver 100. Seeding will be decided by current league rankings.

All times will be pm'd to myself, or any other league coordinator. I will post the times ONLY when all times have been submitted, or the designated turn in date has past. Then, the times will be posted on the thread (I may make another thread to post the results, for clarity's purpose).

Ask away any questions... and anyone willing to help please PM me. Thanks.
Last edited by Kitsune on Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tastes of ACG:
|Rod= Pork| |Mage= Chicken| |Lord Vega= Lobster| |Dr. Know= poo...| |Prome= Cajun Chicken| |Wraith= Carrots| |Triple8= Oranges| |Dirk=Baked Beans| |Catastrophe= Celery| |Aries= Deer| |Zero- The Nine Breaker= Franks Hot Sauce| |Squall= Furry| |Veilside= Bean soup| |Griffon= Beef Pudding| |Deemer= Gunpowder| |Kidzero= Pastels| |ClefJ= Erasers| |Happy= Roast Duck| |Setsuna= Burnt Rubber| |Midknight= Roast Beast| |Kitsune= Eggroll| |Ditto 88= Skateboards| |Shadowspear= MREs||Fenrir= ashes|
Major props to KidZero for current avatar!!
PSN: Kitsune_CT
Limit-R
Mr Dizzle

Postby Limit-R » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:59 pm

Id be up for it. Dont know how many people would play (about 4 or 5 from here I think)

But it would be fun and might give me a GT challenge to do.
Me - Why you all up in the ice cream when you don't even know the flava?
Odin - now im the one who is confuzzled
Me - yes I know. But what is the reason for your call?
Odin - ???

Aussie Hip-Hop? Like Gangsta Kangaroos? - Veilside
Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:35 pm

Alright, I'm going to start it up real quick so you all will have the maximum amount of time to get your times in.
Remember, no A.I. or head on collisions with walls (just restart if it happens).

(I will not participate since it would give me an unfair advantage... even though I suck at driving XD)

First Week: Original Courses: High Speed Ring

Five Classes:
200 hp or less
400 hp or less
600 hp or less
800 hp or less
800 hp or more

You have until friday to get me the times. I will be posting the results Saturday. Remember, you can enter ALL the classes. If you are concerned about anything I may be overlooking, please contact me.

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CAR TYPE AND HP ALONG WITH YOUR TIMES

EDIT: TWO LAPS FOR THE COURSE!
Edit 2: Please also submit your nominations for the next course with your times
Tastes of ACG:

|Rod= Pork| |Mage= Chicken| |Lord Vega= Lobster| |Dr. Know= poo...| |Prome= Cajun Chicken| |Wraith= Carrots| |Triple8= Oranges| |Dirk=Baked Beans| |Catastrophe= Celery| |Aries= Deer| |Zero- The Nine Breaker= Franks Hot Sauce| |Squall= Furry| |Veilside= Bean soup| |Griffon= Beef Pudding| |Deemer= Gunpowder| |Kidzero= Pastels| |ClefJ= Erasers| |Happy= Roast Duck| |Setsuna= Burnt Rubber| |Midknight= Roast Beast| |Kitsune= Eggroll| |Ditto 88= Skateboards| |Shadowspear= MREs||Fenrir= ashes|

Deadeye
Raven

Postby Deadeye » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:33 pm

i might be interested, i have the game and am quite fond of it.

a few questions though

this is not online? its just doing time trial right? because that i can do.

its very easy to cheat if its offline but i hope people will be above that.

one more thing. i really dont agree with the catagories. grouping by hp eliminates a lot of cars. because a car like v8 vantage will get raped by a little jap with the same hp. thats why i think the catagories should be split up by power to weight ratio(shown in the garage).

and what about the tuning and buying parts? all fair game as long as the car remains in the catagory?
Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:21 pm

this is not online? its just doing time trial right? because that i can do.

its very easy to cheat if its offline but i hope people will be above that.

Time trials.
Unfortunately, that is true that cheating may happen, however, I believe the people at the forum are above this behavior, and also realize it's just for fun.

one more thing. i really dont agree with the catagories. grouping by hp eliminates a lot of cars. because a car like v8 vantage will get raped by a little jap with the same hp. thats why i think the catagories should be split up by power to weight ratio(shown in the garage).

I had not considered this, however, seeing as the league has technically started, I will not change it (this will be considered in the future, and may be implemented after careful consideration). The power to weight ratio may be a good formula to use in the future, but again, we have already started so we will use the present categories that are in place.

and what about the tuning and buying parts? all fair game as long as the car remains in the catagory?

Any tuning part is fair game as long as the car remains in its intended category

Also, because I have had a question about this, I am looking for the total time for two laps on the designated course.

Hope to see you all racing soon!
Tastes of ACG:

Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:54 pm

Just a little reminder that your times are due in tomorrow! :wink:
Tastes of ACG:

Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:38 am

Well, I can’t post any results for the racing league because no one sent any times in. Thus, I am extending the turn in date to Sunday (today is Monday).

GT4 Racing League
Time Trials (two laps time trial)
Course: Original Courses: High Speed Ring
Five Classes (you may enter as many or as few as you like):
200 horsepower or less
400 horsepower or less
600 horsepower or less
800 horsepower or less
800 horsepower or more
Times Due: Sunday, October 8th (please submit horsepower and car type with times
Tastes of ACG:

Deadeye
Raven

Postby Deadeye » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:13 pm

i been real busy, so i didnt get around to it and when i do play ps2 i been playing kof2k6. i will try to get at least one result in.
Limit-R
Mr Dizzle

Postby Limit-R » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:52 pm

Well I pm'd you mine so yeah....

EDIT - Ok then 2 laps. I can fix that lol.

Odin - ???

Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:26 pm

Alright... the results are in!
*note: Since only Limit-R sent in times, I am posting mine so there is some competition.

Class: 200 hp or less (Name, Time, Car Name, Horsepower)
1. Kitsune 2'37.318 Toyota Modellista CELICA TRD Sports M (ZZT231) '00 (198hp)
2. Limit-R 2'54.503 S13 Silvia '88 (182hp)
Class: 400 hp or less
1. Kitsune 2'29.717 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 (378hp)
2. Limit-R 2'33.098 RUF RGT '00 (379hp)
Class: 600 hp or less
1. Kitsune 2'15.570 BMW M3 GTR '03 (585hp)
2. Limit-R 2'27.407 Corvette Grand Sport '96 (589hp)
Class: 800 hp or less
1. Limit-R 2'11.070 RUF CTR Yellowbird '87 (786hp)
2. Kitsune 2'11.244 BMW M5 '05 (715hp)
Class: 800hp or more
1. Kitsune 2'10.414 Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M-spec Nur (R34) '02 (865hp)
2. Limit-R 2'13.980 RUF CTR2 '96 (931hp)

Special Thanks to Limit-R for entering! And remember, you don't have to enter every single class, you can just pick and choose the ones you want to enter.

Next weeks course will be announced tomorrow
Tastes of ACG:

Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:38 pm

Sorry for the delay, but here is this weeks course!
World Circuits: Tsukuba Circuit
2 Laps!
Times Due: Sunday (gives you the weekend to get your times in)
same classes as last time:
200hp or less
400hp or less
600hp or less
800hp or less
800hp or more

p.s. if anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions, please send me a pm.
Tastes of ACG:

Limit-R
Mr Dizzle

Postby Limit-R » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:30 pm

Alrighty here are my times. I play better when I have a time to aim for, so if anyone posts their times up expect mine to change when I start to chase them.

Tsukuba is a fun track too. And no Nitrious was used on my times.

200HP - 1:05.277 + 1:04.816 = 2:10.093 (192HP 2003 Mazda 6 5-Door)
400HP - 56.427 + 56.401 = 1:52.828 (332HP 2001 Honda NSX-R Concept)
600HP - 53.713 + 53.298 = 1:47.011 (494HP 2004 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C)
800HP - 50.831 + 50.143 = 1:40.974 (753HP 2000 R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II N1)
Unlimited - 50.379 + 50.303 = 1:40.682 (827HP 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT MR)

So I hope to see some other times posted in the next few days (I know Sets wont post since he is without internet but I hope someone else will post something up)

Odin - ???

[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:01 pm

Holy crap. I just NOW noticed this. You're all doomed to death.

TO DEATH.

I'm hitting up Tsukuba now using Limit-R's horsepower ranges. I'll post times in a little while, and if not, by the end of the weekend.

EDIT: Here ya go, more coming later. I have housework and homework to do. So maybe you aren't dying to death, but I'm sure you're dying a little. Just a little? No? Damn. The following times are really just my first two laps with each car. I won't make excuses and say that I just built these cars, because they're all seasoned track beaters - but to my defense, aliens were invading the track and were chasing my car.

Tsukuba Dry, No N2O, No Aids

200HP - 1'09.837 + 1'09.287 ('79 Honda Civic, 199HP, SM tires)

400HP - 0'57.739 + 0'57.755 ('93 Nissan Silvia K's, 390HP, SM tires)

600HP - 0'55.006 + 0'55.221 ('02 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R, 600HP, RH tires)

800HP - PENDING

UNLIMITED - 0'53.220 + 0'52.698 ('97 Toyota Supra RZ, 857HP, RSS tires) Sidenote: I had to spoiler this thing to keep it from flying off the track. Holy crap.

Sorry, too lazy to do the final math, considering I have a butt-load of back math homework to do.
In a world of black and white, you are the only one in color.
- Trapt, Only One in Color, the theme of Generation of Metal,
an online visual novel by Setsuna, currently in development hell.
Limit-R
Mr Dizzle

Postby Limit-R » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:27 am

Yay finally someone posted lol.

I think when youve finished posting up your times (in other words post up the 800HP lap) then I might think of somewhere to go (im thinking about doing the nostangic thing and heading to Trial Mountain II)

Odin - ???

[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:27 am

Oh I am so there. A good third of my cars are setup specifically for that course (drift or grip).
Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:52 pm

I guess I'll step down as host and be a participant (not that I was doing much anyways :lol: ) if you all don't mind.

If you will, give me till the end of the week (i.e. friday-saturday'sh) and I'll have my times up.

Already tried the 200hp range one... Limit-R seems to be burning up the track... :shock:
Tastes of ACG:

Limit-R
Mr Dizzle

Postby Limit-R » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:15 am

Well if anyone wants to lead off on Trail Mountain II (I emphasize the II) then go right ahead. Otherwise when I get around to it Ill take a stab at it.

EDIT - I got bored so heres my times

Note - All times were done on RM tyres with no aids and no NOS.

200HP - 1:43.107 + 1:04.816 = 1:41.700 (192HP 2003 Mazda 6 5-Door)
400HP - 1:31.420 + 1:29.694 = 1:52.828 (332HP 2001 Honda NSX-R Concept)
600HP - 1:26.183 + 1:25.548 = 1:47.011 (515HP 2004 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C)
800HP - 1:23.737 + 1:23.107 = 1:40.974 (751HP 2005 BMW M5)
Unlimited - 1:29.427 + 1:28.473 = 1:40.682 (1079HP TVR Cerbera Speed 12)

A lot of the time I was actually drifting in these cars (well not in the Mazda 6) Its fun to have a big M5 sideways coming onto the main straight.

Odin - ???

[刹那]
Cosmic Castaway

Postby [刹那] » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:05 pm

Alright, I already nailed down my times on sports tires. I'll see what I can do on racing rubber now. I'll post all of the times and you guys can decide which ones count. Personally I think I'm a better racer on sports tires (I like a little spin every now and then, and my driving style sorta depends on it) though I will admit, I can set better times when I put my track shoes on.
Limit-R
Mr Dizzle

Postby Limit-R » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:33 am

Yeah I used RM's on all cars just because a majority of the cars I use have them equipped (I like to use SM's on my Speed 12 because it allows me to do crazy things, such as wheel spin at over 300km/h)

Odin - ???

Limit-R
Mr Dizzle

Postby Limit-R » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:07 am

Right so I guess Im the only one that still looks at this huh?

Odin - ???

Return to “General Media”