What're ya'll listenin to at the moment?

Discuss TV, movies, books, and all non-Armored Core games or gaming systems here.

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

Deathlok
101st
PSN: BossJ592

Re: What're ya'll listenin to at the moment?

Postby Deathlok » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:52 pm

Heiruspecs - Marching orders
Join the team , add my PSN
-Battlefield Bad Company 2 , 1943
-Front Mission Evolved
-GranTurismo 5
Gideon Darke
Obsessive Guru

Postby Gideon Darke » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:00 am

Morcheeba - Blood Like Lemonade
According to the Laws of Physics, a giant bipedal robot is impractical, and probably impossible... OMG! MY CHILDHOOD WAS BUILT FROM LIES!!!!!! - ANONYMOUS
[[[- GIDEON DARKE(1997-2006) Master Raven and Former Obsessive Guru -]]]
Promethius
Ginga Bishounen
PSN: Deathgeese

Postby Promethius » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Make sure to crank this one up as it's the "ultimate kick-ass war song". \m/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RZhAw7ucyc
Mobius 1
Raven
PSN: Virtuous_Seraph
GamerTag: Hawk0fEndymion

Postby Mobius 1 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:27 pm

My Soul, Your Beats! from Angel Beats. The rock version.

...Gawd, Angel Beats was beautiful.
より多くの成果を獲得することで、存在意義を達成する
ThePowerCosmic
MT Pilot

Postby ThePowerCosmic » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:59 am

I've been listening to a lot of melodic death metal lately. I usually don't listen to the genre too much, but then the truth is I usually don't listen to /any/ genre too much except the one I happen to be very focused on at the time.
Disarmonia Mundi, Insomnium, Persefone, and Iron Maiden seem to be what I'm listening to the most lately. Emilie Autumn a little bit.
Then occasionally something else if it's too early to start diving deep into mental corridors, like some death metal or aggressive black metal.
The Dark One
Psychosexy
PSN: TheDarkOne198

Postby The Dark One » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Band:Death Angel
Song:Thrown To The Wolves
Album:The Art Of Dying (2004)

Thrash metal,baby,yeah.I live it.I love it.I AM IT! :evil: :twisted: :lol:
AV courtesy of HAPPY!
Zero - The Nine Breaker
the Grim Reaper
PSN: ZeroSonaku
GamerTag: Zero Sonaku
Location: Reaping the souls of the Damned and loving ever minute of it

Postby Zero - The Nine Breaker » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 am

name:EXEC_FLIP_ARPHAGE/.
Album:咲夜琉命~SAKIYA=RUMEI ArTonelicoIII hymmnos concert side.蒼~

this song starts out very very soothingly, then it becomes VERY powerful. if you can listen to this without it affecting you in ANY way I can honestly say you are not human.
I've got a confession to make!
That is so!

"Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your comment could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post, I'm sexy."

Youtube Comment.
Vatican29
Raven
Location: Currently destroying Anatolia....I have made "her" a bloody decal on my right shoulder.

Postby Vatican29 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:30 pm

A whole bunch of sob stories involving loss of life or limb on Shark Week....

poor bastards.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth, and Kojima contamination..."
Gideon Darke
Obsessive Guru

Postby Gideon Darke » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:54 am

Persona PSP OST.

...and Valravn.
According to the Laws of Physics, a giant bipedal robot is impractical, and probably impossible... OMG! MY CHILDHOOD WAS BUILT FROM LIES!!!!!! - ANONYMOUS
[[[- GIDEON DARKE(1997-2006) Master Raven and Former Obsessive Guru -]]]
ReaperKing
Raven
GamerTag: TorrentialFury
Location: Somewhere out on the paintball field coloring people with my gun...

Postby ReaperKing » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:25 am

Band: Bloodbound
Song: On the Battlefield
Totally under-rated band... Swedish power metal bands ftw!
"You're a fine warrior. Call me sentimental, but I wish we'd met under different circumstances."

"I am only one; but still I am one. i can't do everything, but I can still do something; I will not refuse to do something I think I can do."

Why correct others when you can't correct yourself? Your only a coward looking at his reflection.

"People are bastards. Bastard covered bastards with bastard filling."

Remember Reach!
Reach Fell: 9/14/10
The Dark One
Psychosexy

Postby The Dark One » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:16 am

mmmm,them Swedes know their metal.

Artist:King Diamond
Album:Them (1988)
Song:Tea

I've recently gotten into them and another band called Testament.Good shit,fer sho.
AV courtesy of HAPPY!
Vatican29
Raven
Location: Currently destroying Anatolia....I have made "her" a bloody decal on my right shoulder.

Postby Vatican29 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:04 pm

HA!

This old guy at the library!

He's running around with the Chicago Tribune front page telling everyone how surprised he is someone got 20 months in prison for killing a dog! And how he has killed about 5 of them in his lifetime but never been caught! ROTFLMAO!

BUWHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Wow, he just told me the same thing directly.

Now I am listening to the librarian whisper-yell at him.

Librarians are crazy.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth, and Kojima contamination..."
Vatican29
Raven

Postby Vatican29 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:05 pm

The Dark One wrote:mmmm,them Swedes know their metal.

Artist:King Diamond
Album:Them (1988)
Song:Tea

I've recently gotten into them and another band called Testament.Good shit,fer sho.

KING DIAMOND KICKS ALL FORMS OF ARSE! man, animal, inanimate object....

good pick
The Dark One
Psychosexy

Postby The Dark One » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:25 pm

indeed

and now:
Artist:Children of Bodom
Album:Hate Crew Deathroll
Song:Chokehold (Cocked 'n' Loaded)

Thank you,Brutal Legend,for introducing me to them and soooo many other awesome bands.I now no longer have my head under a rock in the world of metal.
AV courtesy of HAPPY!
Deathlok
101st
PSN: BossJ592

Postby Deathlok » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:12 pm

Heiruspecs - Positions of strength
Join the team , add my PSN
-Battlefield Bad Company 2 , 1943
-Front Mission Evolved
-GranTurismo 5
ReaperKing
Raven
GamerTag: TorrentialFury
Location: Somewhere out on the paintball field coloring people with my gun...

Postby ReaperKing » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:23 pm

The Dark One wrote:Thank you,Brutal Legend,for introducing me to them and soooo many other awesome bands.I now no longer have my head under a rock in the world of metal.

Haha hell yes! BL ftw!

Band: ReVamp
Song: Kill Me With Silence
"You're a fine warrior. Call me sentimental, but I wish we'd met under different circumstances."

"I am only one; but still I am one. i can't do everything, but I can still do something; I will not refuse to do something I think I can do."

Why correct others when you can't correct yourself? Your only a coward looking at his reflection.

"People are bastards. Bastard covered bastards with bastard filling."

Remember Reach!
Reach Fell: 9/14/10
Achilles
Raven
PSN: Necrovore
GamerTag: ONE117SE7ENTEEN

Postby Achilles » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:27 pm

The Dark One wrote:indeed

and now:
Artist:Children of Bodom
Album:Hate Crew Deathroll
Song:Chokehold (Cocked 'n' Loaded)

Thank you,Brutal Legend,for introducing me to them and soooo many other awesome bands.I now no longer have my head under a rock in the world of metal.

Darkness, I could of told you about Children of Bodom years ago! My first encounter with them happened about five years ago. I was at show which was Trivium, Amon Amarth and, obviously, Children of Bodom. Trivium sucked, just as they did the previous two times I had the displeasure to see them live. They had terrible feedback through the mics and sounded like shit. That band is studio magic all the way. Amon Amarth was the real reason I went. They are always awesome. Children of Bodom went on last, and I had never heard of them. I was going to leave early, but they were very impressive. I don't care for their newer stuff, but the older albums are good. I'm currently bouncing between Amon Amarth, Hatebreed, Throwdown, Unearth and In Flames.

I'm headed to Ozzfest this Saturday, but I doubt I'll enjoy it. Ozzfest is filled with the kinds of metal bands I don't like. I have a free ticket and my friend is begging me to go. He's scared of mosh pits...
"There ain't no trees in Botswana. I should know. I am a Botswanian lumberjack and I ain't never had a job." - Ernest P. Worrell
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Postby Griffon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:38 am

Angel Dust is the best metal band no-one's ever heard of.
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
The Dark One
Psychosexy

Postby The Dark One » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:20 am

Griffon wrote:Angel Dust is the best metal band no-one's ever heard of.

Dude,I have their whole Discography,including their old 80's thrash stuff.It was Deemer and his Bleed AC video that introduced me to them.

@Achilles:I have heard of most of those bands,but haven't heard their stuff.I have only heard of Trivium,Hatebreed and Amon Amarth.I have heard something from In Flames,Unearth and Throwdown,thanks to a Ozzfest CD a friend of mine ripped years ago.I have never had the privilege to be at an Ozzfest and more so,in a mosh pit.I probably would be torn to pieces since I am only 5'7'' and a buck 20,but I'd like to try,lol.

Currently
Band:Deathstars
Album:Termination Bliss
Song:Play God

Their vocalist kinda reminds me of that guy who sings for Rammstein,only he sings in english.
AV courtesy of HAPPY!
Achilles
Raven
PSN: Necrovore
GamerTag: ONE117SE7ENTEEN

Postby Achilles » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:11 pm

The Dark One wrote:I have never had the privilege to be at an Ozzfest and more so,in a mosh pit.I probably would be torn to pieces since I am only 5'7'' and a buck 20,but I'd like to try,lol.

Ozzfest is a bit of a joke. I went once, years ago, and the pits/bands were lame. You'd be fine in one. The idea isn't to hurt people, and they'll pick you up if you go down. I don't shy away from them, but I don't actively participate. I see it as a form of dance, and I do not dance in any way, shape or form. I'm typically one of the guys who makes up the rim and catches people.

I can remember when Hatebreed was an unknown band, they used to play in people's basements around here. One of my favorite unknowns right now is Crime Lab out of Poughkeepsie, NY.

The absolute best show I've ever been to was Vision of Disorder at the Palladium in Worcester, MA.
"There ain't no trees in Botswana. I should know. I am a Botswanian lumberjack and I ain't never had a job." - Ernest P. Worrell

Return to “General Media”