southern ac tournaments and or Hawaii tourny!

For announcing tournaments or fan site links!

Moderator: AC Moderators

Technine
Raven

southern ac tournaments and or Hawaii tourny!

Postby Technine » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:11 pm

"ive looked around and it doesnt seem like i can find any southern ac tournaments.

if anybody knows of or hears of such let me know.
p.s.
im here in texas."

alright that was my original message.

Im willing to help set one up if there are others interested in such areas. Im currently living in Texas but have plans on going back home (Hawaii) next summer around August. I know its a long ways off but it'd be a damn good one with almost a year to plan so hit me up if you're interested.

thanks
dao
Armored_sore
MT Pilot

yeah

Postby Armored_sore » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:40 pm

i know what you mean. i am in mississippi and no one here plays ac so if anyone can help us it would be greatly obliged
Live fast shoot fast
ZeroBerserker
Raven
Location: Somewhere on earth, looking for a worthy opponent...

Postby ZeroBerserker » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:01 pm

Same here in Alabama... I think I can actually claim that I am the very only hardcore AC fan in the entire state... Anyway, maybe we could see about setting up a southeastern tournament or something, but I cant leave the state or anything...yet... About half a year from now when I'm driving myself Ill be able to, but for right now I'm screwed. :cry:
NineBall failed...
Receiving Mission data...
Data Received...
ZeroBerserker out...
Technine
Raven

Postby Technine » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:34 pm

funny, in my town i went to the game store and the clerk said i had the only copy. he said they wouldnt have ordered nb if i hadnt put in a special order. i know theres more of us out here they just havent gotten to joining forums yet. in the mean time im willing to head out as far as houston or dallas to help make an event. other than that i'd have to request leave and as much as i love ac im not willing to do that. keep in touch tho and for the rest of you southern or hawaiian ac gamers let us know whats up.
dao
"resistance is futile" - Hustler 1
Silicate
Raven

Postby Silicate » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:27 am

Texas!!

Yup, you guessed it, I'm from Texas. SA to be exact. I don't know the first thing about setting up a tourney to be honest, but it would be cool and I'd be interested in it. Now I just have to get Nexus or Ninebreaker...
"O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A!" I just got out of my first theatre production. Tonight is opening night! Yay! It was great! I loved it, and it ends on Saturday. "Oklahoma, OK!"

12-1-05
Millefune
Raven

Postby Millefune » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:07 pm

I could have sworn that TAC was the one of the bigger tournaments.

TAC = Texas Armored Core

Did the Texas scene just die out?
"People meet and people part. This meeting may truly be as insignificant as a ripple in the ocean. But that's alright, I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can, while it lasts." - Shido
Technine
Raven

Postby Technine » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:54 pm

checked it out and there is a TAC. however the promoter says there isnt enough players now so there probably wont be another event till LR is released in America or AC4 is released. He also said that the norm was 15 players per event. Ive never been to a tournament but if the TAC is one of the bigger events i can't imagine what sizes the other events are.
Millefune
Raven

Postby Millefune » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:03 pm

Technine wrote:checked it out and there is a TAC. however the promoter says there isnt enough players now so there probably wont be another event till LR is released in America or AC4 is released. He also said that the norm was 15 players per event. Ive never been to a tournament but if the TAC is one of the bigger events i can't imagine what sizes the other events are.

MoC IV: 40

MoC V: 23

I think ACO3 had around 20+ as well.

MM: 10-20 (I don't quite remember)

Backyard Brawl II: 10

SRC NB I: 9

ACO 2005: 6
"People meet and people part. This meeting may truly be as insignificant as a ripple in the ocean. But that's alright, I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can, while it lasts." - Shido
Technine
Raven

Postby Technine » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:59 pm

15 would be perfect.

Im still serious about attending or assisting in promoting a AC event in Texas or Hawaii. I deploy in Feb but that doesn't mean i cant help from where im at. Call out to all those Hawaiian and Texan Ravens PM me so we can start something up.....besides according to rumor LR will be coming out soon (hopefully!)

dao
Technine
Raven

Postby Technine » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:48 pm

Tourny anytime at my house.

tired of not being able to find people in my neighbor hood...

i dont care if your scared to reply or what. find me on myspace or instant message me. or even find me on kai.

i'll be home in hawaii aug 15th. find me then too. i'll come over to play a few rounds.

dao
The Errant
A Dying Breed
PSN: LookOutBehindYou

Postby The Errant » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:25 pm

The main problem with setting up tournaments is that most AC fans are/were unable to drive, or get permission from parents to attend tournaments in neighboring states. If it wasn't that, then it was money issues.

There are quite a few AC fans in the Southeast from the looks of it, if people were interested enough to get up money and the ability to drive to get there, you guys could at least get around 8 people for a tourney. That's all you need.
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
Technine
Raven

Postby Technine » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:30 am

wouldnt even mind a 2 man tourney... its a start.

basically i'd just like to locate where people are and play a few rounds. i know theres tons of us out there. perhaps i should search the many other forums as well.

contact me.

dao
DariusNiner
MT Pilot

Postby DariusNiner » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:00 am

YO WHATSUP, I'm a raven in Alabama looking for some serious competitive Armored Core LAST RAVEN play. I'm currently playing various fighting game like Guilty gear Accent core, Street fighter third strike, but AC has and always will be my first love...anyway...man the scene here is nonexistant.. i have my own transportation so thats not a prob... i'm not some little kid who has to ask their parents and stuff, in college, and just looking for some serious competition. If your interested (this is mainly to Ravens in the Southeast, but everyone's welcome) just hit pm me or hit me up on AIM, I'm PhoenyxRyze on there, also you can call me at 205-835-2215, i suggest anyone else in the southeast put there info up here. i know people are skittish about giving away info on the net, but i think everyone here is serious about playing and are not stupid enough to try to get over on people by inviting or coming over to there place to harm them. Any way, EVERYONE LETS GET THIS STARTED, ITS TIME FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE US SERIOUS AS A COMPETITIVE COMMUNITY!!!
Qastor
Raven

Postby Qastor » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:12 am

ZeroBerserker wrote:Same here in Alabama... I think I can actually claim that I am the very only hardcore AC fan in the entire state... Anyway, maybe we could see about setting up a southeastern tournament or something, but I cant leave the state or anything...yet... About half a year from now when I'm driving myself Ill be able to, but for right now I'm screwed. :cry:
and I thought I was the only one too but your not alone southeastern tournament here we come
oh yeah back in the saddle like Ive ever been out of it.
The Errant
A Dying Breed
PSN: LookOutBehindYou

Postby The Errant » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:17 pm

DariusNiner, have you ever heard of XLink Kai? It's an online tunneling service that lets you play all sorts of games that normally only have LAN play, online. Nexus, Ninebreaker, and Last Raven are among these games.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk

All the info you need is in there. Note however, that this will most likely not work with a wireless connection and you may have to have access to your router settings in order to use it. However if you can get on the rewards are great, as the Kai scene has been dead for a while but it's starting to revitalize as some of the vets are growing tired of AC4.
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
The Dark One
Psychosexy
PSN: TheDarkOne198

Postby The Dark One » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:15 pm

ZeroBerserker wrote:Same here in Alabama... I think I can actually claim that I am the very only hardcore AC fan in the entire state... Anyway, maybe we could see about setting up a southeastern tournament or something, but I cant leave the state or anything...yet... About half a year from now when I'm driving myself Ill be able to, but for right now I'm screwed. :cry:

hey, same here 8)
AV courtesy of HAPPY!
Midnightsky
Raven

Postby Midnightsky » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Lol your not going to find AC4 tournys. From killed the scene completely with their game called AC4:The End of All that is Skill

RIP AC scene. So many people quit including myself. I just roam the forums and check up on how the community is. I haven't played AC4 since a month after (April) it came out.
Amrius
Disciple of Reason

Postby Amrius » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:43 pm

So you necro a two month old thread to spout more of your anti-AC4 BS. Good game jackass. If you've stopped playing the game, stop coming to the forum communities, or at least this one and let people who still play the game enjoy it for what it is.
I suck at life.

Return to “Armored Core Tournaments and Links”