Inagural ACG Online AC4 Tournament

For announcing tournaments or fan site links!

Moderator: AC Moderators

Happy
Hyperactive Pink Ninja
PSN: Happy_ACG

Postby Happy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:59 pm

Ditto here! Griffon and I have been practicing too :D
Deemer: or my favorite "I bought a wireless router, but it doesn’t work"
"is it plugged into your modem?"
"no, I thought it was wireless"
me: ..............

My Deviant art page :D
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:01 pm

Roger, just eating my potato, then I be good go go!
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Postby Griffon » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:10 pm

Ok... what's goin on, guys

EDIT: Nice bust, guys :roll:
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Mr. Robot
Explosives PhD
PSN: Robot_ACG

Postby Mr. Robot » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Yes, well, we got stuck in Ann Arbor, arrived late to Clef's, and when we got the PS3 running, nobody was available to play.

Shadow didn't have access to his PS3, Griff and Happy went out to dinner, Mirshan was busy, DrkOmiter kind of disappeared while we were trying to get a room working, and from what I was seeing there was nobody else on...

Guess we missed Squall, but that might be because of the IM client we were using at the time. I was logged on as a Guest account to some IM client a friend of mine has on his Mac, and he has way too many people on his list.

So we started playing random Japanese people, I fell asleep, and when I woke up at about 11:15 I was told there was still no response from anybody, so we decided to just pack up and try again another day. I still needed to drive 3 hours back home last night, and I had to be on the road by midnight, so I figured it wasn't worth a maximum of half an hour of gameplay to stick around.

Sorry for the disappointing result, but I suppose we can try again another day. It kind of stinks that we can't involve Clef and Prome, but Fenrir and I should be far more available and reliable from our own houses, so next time we shouldn't have this issue.

I am sorry we weren't able to get there sooner, but the road system in Ann Arbor seriously sucks, especially when combined with construction at every place we need to turn. It's no wonder to me now why students choose to walk or use the bus now :P .

Triple roundabouts at the exit I needed to stop and get gas at didn't help either :roll: .
Mr. Robot wrote:What are you so sad about?

Tieria=Veda now :P

ya, but veda doesn't look hot in a dress. :(
Happy
Hyperactive Pink Ninja
PSN: Happy_ACG

Postby Happy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:59 am

Meh it happends... We'll get it together next time and have a big turnout :D Sorry we kinda took off just as you were getting started. Didn't think we were gonna be out that long, but our friends showed us the new Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat... :shock: OMG I need to get that game...but we can get this right next time :D
Deemer: or my favorite "I bought a wireless router, but it doesn’t work"
"is it plugged into your modem?"
"no, I thought it was wireless"
me: ..............

My Deviant art page :D
ClefJ
The Seraphim
GamerTag: ClefJ

Postby ClefJ » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:18 am

Glad to hear you made it back home safely though, Robot. 3 hour drive, no fun at night. 0_o
"Clef Cross built an Armored Core in a CAVE... with a box full of SCRAPS."
Lykos
Apex Predator
PSN: Amagu2003
GamerTag: What's an Xbox?

Postby Lykos » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:51 pm

Bah, back in my day; we drove 7 hours to play video games and we hung out for only 30 minutes!!!

Those were the days...

If there is going to be another tourny, weekends are strongly recommended (for me) its the only time I have off and as the quarter draws to a close, my free times are getting shorter and shorter....SO HURRY UP!!!
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:27 pm

I wont be able to do another one. Not for a long time

Work schedual and all, plus I really dont give a crap about the game anymore, unfortunately

Sorry guys
Selsix
End's Echo
PSN: Selsix

Postby Selsix » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:34 pm

i guess im a bit happy it fell through, i'll be able to compete next time now :twisted:
The Dark One wrote:What the FUCK!? Where has this thread gone?
One minute, we were dumping on The Master of Douche's, then its time for Happy and Griff to adopt Selsix.
Mr. Robot
Explosives PhD
PSN: Robot_ACG

Postby Mr. Robot » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:58 pm

Funny you guys should mention that, because it isn't canceled really...

I've said form the beginning that calling this a tourney was more or less going to be if we felt like it, and is really only meant as a way to get everyone organized and on at the same time.

I was thinking sometime over Turkey Day, but life got busy for me even despite the time off.

But Turkey Day just means Christmas is all that much closer, and I'll have plenty of time then. I'm thinking sometime between the 21st of December and 2nd of January.

I guess the first step would be to figure out what days DON'T work for people, being a holiday and all. So yeah, everybody start listing taboo dates and we'll come up with a common one that works from there.
Mr. Robot wrote:What are you so sad about?

Tieria=Veda now :P

ya, but veda doesn't look hot in a dress. :(
Selsix
End's Echo

Postby Selsix » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:27 am

i vote the latest possible so jan 2nd, im getting AC4 christmas so if i wanna compete i'll need ample time to prepare and become accustomed to the controls, beat the game and unlock parts, etc...so those 7-8 days from christmas to jan 2nd should do me quite nicely, it'd be nice for my debut online to be a tournament with the community i've grown to know and love with AC lmao

taboo dates though huh? uh...december 25th-28th? i do need SOME time to prepare :?
One minute, we were dumping on The Master of Douche's, then its time for Happy and Griff to adopt Selsix.
Lykos
Apex Predator
PSN: Amagu2003
GamerTag: What's an Xbox?

Postby Lykos » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:45 am

Any day between Dec 14 through Jan 7 is good, except on wed nights and Sat mornings.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The Errant
A Dying Breed
PSN: LookOutBehindYou

Postby The Errant » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:59 pm

Mr. Robot wrote:Funny you guys should mention that, because it isn't canceled really...

I've said form the beginning that calling this a tourney was more or less going to be if we felt like it, and is really only meant as a way to get everyone organized and on at the same time.

I was thinking sometime over Turkey Day, but life got busy for me even despite the time off.

But Turkey Day just means Christmas is all that much closer, and I'll have plenty of time then. I'm thinking sometime between the 21st of December and 2nd of January.

I guess the first step would be to figure out what days DON'T work for people, being a holiday and all. So yeah, everybody start listing taboo dates and we'll come up with a common one that works from there.

Basically you're saying a Rumble Room, like we used to do. I'm good for setting up more of them. Also, Mirshan has agreed to let us use his Ventrilo server for voice chat.
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
Fenrir
RocketMan
PSN: Steel_Scyther

Postby Fenrir » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:38 pm

I'm game tonight. Please someone read this so I can play. :wink:

Edit: I'm east coast, and tonight=8 PM to around 11 provided my parents don't steal the TV.

edit: *sad face* :( :cry:
Selsix
End's Echo

Postby Selsix » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:02 pm

uh so is this thing still on or what? lol
Fenrir
RocketMan

Postby Fenrir » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:04 pm

SOMEONE RESPONDED!!!

The actual tourney was a bust. :(

Ignore my sig tonight as well, for anyone who notices.
Selsix
End's Echo

Postby Selsix » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:05 pm

lol ill have to remember it, gimmie about a week or 2, ill be ready for ya lol
Ditto 88
Elite Raven

Postby Ditto 88 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:46 am

is this over? I have a score to settle...with robot... ecm jamming ftw
I am the best pilot for Gundam.
Fenrir
RocketMan

Postby Fenrir » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:06 pm

It's WAY over dude.

someone can unsticky this now :roll:

Return to “Armored Core Tournaments and Links”