NY Summer BBQ 2K7

For announcing tournaments or fan site links!

Moderator: AC Moderators

BBQ?

FEED ME MEAT
33%
Video games and food? Count me in!
11%
Hell yeah i'll come, so many badass people to meet!
No votes
I'm a douche and i can't come.
56%

Total votes: 18
Mirshan
Pleasantly Insane

NY Summer BBQ 2K7

Postby Mirshan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:10 pm

THE FESTIVAL OF MEAT AND FUN WILL COMMENCE!

After the feedback from the last thread, I can confirm it as planned for the weekend of August 25th, 2007. Once again, this is semi-invitational. Send me a pm expressing an interest to come, and provided i don't have a problem with it, you will be welcome. I had to refuse a couple people last year due to some changing plans, but that is no indication of the circumstances this year.

We have had a LOT of fun both of the past 2 years that I have run this. Its more or less a 2-5 day hang out at My house with a shit load of cool people. You get damn good food on saturday, and endless hours of entertainment when Wraith, Konundrum, and myself all get in the same confined space. I strongly suggest that if you CAN make it, you do. I have been to a few tourneys and met quite a few people from the board, it is always a blast. I Promise you won't regret it, Wraith dropped upwards of $200 this summer to come with his little brother, and that sure as hell isn't going to stop him next year. Trust me, make the trip :P

Current Guest List: red = tentative
-Mirshan (caelyn for those not used to the name change)
-Deemer
-Wraith
-DirkTJC
-Konundrum
-Blight
-Shadowspear
-Agrieus
-Promethius
-Know
In Addition, there will be more locals and guests of the guests. This past summer we had ~15 people in total

Some quick details:

I live in Poughkeepsie, NY 12601, and we have a train station and airports close by. The closest airport is Stewart in Newburgh / New Windsor, but Albany is relatively close as well. Anyone who would be flying in, please contact me so we can coordinate arrival times with other guests. I will be able to supply transportation to and from the Airports and Train Station. I also urge you to buy your tickets well in advance, the earlier you get them the cheaper they will be. A round trip ticket to North Carolina a couple years ago only cost me $120, because I bought it in advance.

I ask that everyone pitch in some cash to help alleviate the cost of running the BBQ. Last year I asked for $10 each, but there was enough food for the entire day of the BBQ. Feeding yourself for the other days is also your own responsibility. I simply cannot afford a weekends worth of food for 20+ people.

The official BBQ will likely be that saturday, but I have had people come over as early as thursday night, and leave as late as monday. I usually let everyone crash at my house, so as long as you don't annoy me you have a place to sleep.

While I haven't been forced to do it yet, I still have to mention it. This is MY weekend, I will not tolerate bickering, fighting, whining, or douchery. If I feel that you are dragging down the overall mood, I will not hesitate to kick people out of my house. It doesn't matter to me if you walked from the end of the street or drove from texas.
Last edited by Mirshan on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirk: "Well, I did talk to Mirshan today, and that always makes me hate the right people."
Dirktjc
Black Martyr
Location: Paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!

Postby Dirktjc » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:00 pm

I need to know this meat to fun ratio before I deem you worthy of my presence. The meat must flow like wine which in another simile will be flowing like water in a clear mountain stream!

Oh also cause I know I'll lose(EHEM)

SHADOWSPEAR I CHALLENGE YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!...to Resistance Fall of Man

I'll bring the PS3 8)
"Jack the sound barrier, bring the noise."
-Rat thing, Snow Blind

"May ya be half an hour in Heaven, before the Devil knows you're dead!"
-Irish saying

Wash your hands and walk away
-Avie by KZ
PSN handle = Black_Martyr
Mirshan
Pleasantly Insane

Postby Mirshan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:32 pm

Last year, for around 15 people.. there was 6 pounds of hamburgers, and 4 packages of hot dogs. On the side was corn on the cob and all of your normal bbq fixings. I cook more than enough to feed everyone for the day.
Dirk: "Well, I did talk to Mirshan today, and that always makes me hate the right people."
The Errant
A Dying Breed
PSN: LookOutBehindYou

Postby The Errant » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:25 am

Dirktjc wrote:I need to know this meat to fun ratio before I deem you worthy of my presence. The meat must flow like wine which in another simile will be flowing like water in a clear mountain stream!

Oh also cause I know I'll lose(EHEM)

SHADOWSPEAR I CHALLENGE YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!...to Resistance Fall of Man

I'll bring the PS3 8)

Aw man, now I HAVE to come! :P *Tries to work this out financially* .... :cry: MY HEAD!!!!!!!
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
Mirshan
Pleasantly Insane

Postby Mirshan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:51 pm

iirc, you can ride military planes for free. stewart air force base is a 40 minute drive for me. look into it =p
Rein
MT Pilot

Postby Rein » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:46 pm

Im in new jersey ill try bro. If I cannot eat 50 hamburgers for me!
Only if somone could anserw where im at....
The Errant
A Dying Breed

Postby The Errant » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:09 pm

Mirshan wrote:iirc, you can ride military planes for free. stewart air force base is a 40 minute drive for me. look into it =p

Goodfellow doesn't have a flightline anymore (hasn't since like, the 50s), so there's no military planes leaving from here. If I want a military hop, I'd have to go somewhere like Lackland, which is a few hours away...
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
Agrieus
Ride ze shoopuf
Location: I'm in the kitchen getting some grub if you really must know

Postby Agrieus » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:51 pm

Shadowspear wrote:
Mirshan wrote:iirc, you can ride military planes for free. stewart air force base is a 40 minute drive for me. look into it =p

Goodfellow doesn't have a flightline anymore (hasn't since like, the 50s), so there's no military planes leaving from here. If I want a military hop, I'd have to go somewhere like Lackland, which is a few hours away...

In the long run, would it be worth it?

Everything on my end depends on

A.) If I enlist in the military
B.) If I do, then the determining factor is my ship date.
Griffon wrote:
Agrieus wrote:If you wanna do that then you could just take a pic of your staple or your best looking AC and just put that as your AC case cover.

Agrieus for prez

PSN: Agrieus
Mirshan
Pleasantly Insane

Postby Mirshan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:44 pm

personally, i think we have one of the best events in the states. it might not be as big as moc, but we have a LOT of fun. Unforunately SS didn't get to spend much time here, but i think the fact that he's considering it is still a good indicater.
Agrieus
Ride ze shoopuf

Postby Agrieus » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:56 pm

Mirshan wrote:personally, i think we have one of the best events in the states. it might not be as big as moc, but we have a LOT of fun. Unforunately SS didn't get to spend much time here, but i think the fact that he's considering it is still a good indicater.

Oh, if that was at me, then I made that sound COMPLETELY wrong on my end. I didn't mean "was the trip to NY really worth it. Although I did a poor job at it, I was trying to put it like this:

A.) Take a couple hour drive to lackland and just fly all the way to NY for free, or a minimum amount

or

B.) Driving all the way to NY from Texas in an old Saturn.

I was going for sarcasm in that comment actualy, but it lacked a certain somthing.....like, actualy making sense for instance.

I KNOW the trip will be worth it.
Griffon wrote:
Agrieus wrote:If you wanna do that then you could just take a pic of your staple or your best looking AC and just put that as your AC case cover.

Agrieus for prez

Mirshan
Pleasantly Insane

Postby Mirshan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:06 am

lol, its all good man. Apologies for my misunderstanding
Wraith
RadioactiveJesus

Postby Wraith » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:03 pm

The past two times I was there I manned the grill. Last year the burgers were so juicy that when people bit into them, there was a litteral FLOOD of meat juice that issued from the patty. This was not the BAD kind, of undercooked ground meat, this was the result of a flawlessly cooked burger, sans pink in the middle (as I'd HATE to give people salmonella). Twas a veritable TORRENT OF YUM!!! I shall bring some form of tasty as well. Last year these Philistines didn't fully appreciate my ORGASMIC berry mousse, so I will go in another route: I shall make one of my famous savory caramels, which can act as sauce, glaze, and flavoring component! They are spicy, with a base of fruit! Last time I made it it was with plums. We'll see what's in season. I may or may not also make a dragon fruit sorbet, which I've always wanted to do.

I will also be taking challengers from anyone who thinks they have skill in Midnight Club 3, and Soul Caliber 3! Bring it, biznatches!

And don't worry, Caelyn, I'll be bringing a bucket and a shovel this time...[/inside joke]
Wraith's Radioactive Revelation of the Week:
Arson is the answer to a question that has yet to be asked.
The Errant
A Dying Breed

Postby The Errant » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:06 pm

Well, everything depends on leave days on my end; money shouldn't be a huge problem. I'm not sure, but I'll probably have to take leave for the event, even if I were to leave after duty hours on Friday and come back before Monday. So I'd be taking three days for the BBQ, three days for the MI tourney (I can probably manage one of these, but I'm not sure about both), a few days for graduation, and a few more days for my sister's graduation from Basic Training... It's gonna be close.

EDIT: Challenge accepted, Wraith. I'll be more than happy to rape you at some SC3. :D

Deemer
Mad Scientist

Postby Deemer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:38 pm

unfortunately for both of you, you shall both be destroyed by me
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I invented it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what would happen if I do" - Gune from Titan AE
The Errant
A Dying Breed

Postby The Errant » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:52 pm

I don't recall it going down like that last time... :twisted:

Agrieus
Ride ze shoopuf

Postby Agrieus » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:46 pm

maybe not by Deemer, but most surely will. I'll I need to do is pull out one of those awesome Siegfried string combos and ur as good as dead.

Plus we can have some AC4 on the side. (And while we're at it we can all point and laugh at Deemer who will be sitting in the corner with his laptop away from everyone else because he doesn't want to play AC4.

j/k

But what excites me most of all.....Wraith's cooking
Griffon wrote:

Agrieus for prez

Deemer
Mad Scientist

Postby Deemer » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:03 am

Haha, we shall see Shadowspear.

lol, you can point and laugh all you want. unfortunately, the game would actually have to be good, in order for me to feel left out.
Last edited by Deemer on Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"do you know what this is? neither do I, I invented it in my sleep...I put a button on it. I wish to press it, but I don't know what would happen if I do" - Gune from Titan AE
The Errant
A Dying Breed

Postby The Errant » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:07 am

Ag, just for that, I'm gonna utterly destroy you when we get the chance to play again.

Agrieus
Ride ze shoopuf

Postby Agrieus » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:30 am

Deemer wrote:Haha, we shall see Shadowspear.

lol, you can point and laugh all you want. unfortunately, the game would actually have to be good, in order for me to feel left out.

oh, so true
Griffon wrote:

Agrieus for prez

Dirktjc
Black Martyr
Location: Paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!

Postby Dirktjc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:30 am

Oh you two make a cute couple.

jk

Sow what hardware do we need to gather for the event? ps1? ps2? PS3!? controllers whatnot? rubber chickens? straight jackets? help me out here.
"Jack the sound barrier, bring the noise."

-Rat thing, Snow Blind

"May ya be half an hour in Heaven, before the Devil knows you're dead!"

-Irish saying

Wash your hands and walk away

-Avie by KZ

PSN handle = Black_Martyr

Return to “Armored Core Tournaments and Links”