Discussion for Garage Story, fanfic by Crimson Fury

Discuss your favorite fanfic here, or talk about anything fanfic related.

Moderator: AC Moderators

Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Postby Griffon » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:16 am

Well, I was a bit confused as to what happened, but then you said "played the games" and it all became clear.
Love it BTW
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:35 pm

Thanks guys.
"...in the course of dueling, it is bad to be maneuvered around by others. It is desirable to maneuver opponents around freely, by whatever means you may."

- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
Dirktjc
Black Martyr
Location: Paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!

Postby Dirktjc » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:44 am

gonna give this a looksee. Mind if I throw up a Dirk character writeup later?
"Jack the sound barrier, bring the noise."
-Rat thing, Snow Blind

"May ya be half an hour in Heaven, before the Devil knows you're dead!"
-Irish saying

Wash your hands and walk away
-Avie by KZ
PSN handle = Black_Martyr
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:24 pm

Sure, always open for characters.
"...in the course of dueling, it is bad to be maneuvered around by others. It is desirable to maneuver opponents around freely, by whatever means you may."

Dirktjc
Black Martyr

Postby Dirktjc » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:48 pm

Code Name: Dirk "Amadeus" Stone (callsign Black Martyr)
Affiliations: former CEO of a minor company called Metal Storm
Height: 5' 10"
Weight:155
Build: Athletic medium build.
Appearance: He has dark hair almost black and almost always has a gruff or smug expression on his face. He has deep red eyes and his upper body is covered with a mass of scars both battle inflicted and surgical. He is from Italian decent. Wears black in honor of the first AC team he was a part of. Always carries around a heavy auto pistol inside his jacket. He also usually carries 2 knives on his person that he can throw and wield with just above average proficient.

Dirk is very old. Having been born during the depression in the bread basket of America he joined the army to avoid his less then loving father. Sometime during WW II he was taken into the Rote Augen project, a series of experiments started by the germans to create super soldiers. Ironically one of the few successes was an american patriot. However, instead of being used he was put into cold sleep to be used as spare parts. However with the fall of germany he was forgotten and would not awaken until Amber Crown was a thriving metropolis. Long story short, eventually Dirk managed to found his own company to protect him and his Plus brothers from the major corporations control. Now, he lives as a high rank raven and still has major pull in his former corporation. The only person that can truly make him do something he doesn't want to do is Khala Rei Suhn, his fiance. (Feel free to disavow any of this if it doesn't fit into the current Ac universe.)

NEW INFO: ok just some things. Dirk is a plus but not in the traditional sense really. For the most part he is just a man with heightened reflexes, the ability to bench a bit more then his body weight (225 to give a rounded some which while impressive is not the car throwing pluses from other fics) and he's faster then the average male (25 mi/h for a half mile after that he's pretty much wasted.) He gets no help in piloting unless he is in one of his tweaked AC's especially designed for pluses. so for all intent and purposes he is almost always written with the same capabilities of an expert raven if a bit more daredevil esque in his tactics. Also due to his increased physical attributes his body is under constant stress so any prolonged physical activity could lead to snapped muscles and such. Dirk also can only handle tactics up to squad level at a proficient level, anything over that and he's pretty much a greenhorn.

his character would be Jaded and a bit gruff with any new ravens. He doesn't tolerate ignorance, a failing his fiance continuously tells him to fix and he continuously says he will. In fact Khala can pretty much make him do anything up to shooting himself....well...maybe if she tried harder. Other then that, he pretty much will dig in his heels and resist anything that he doesn't like. He sometimes switches to a POW mentality as well. ok thats the extended persona.

AC: Black Jack VI

head: H11-QUEEN
CORE:C04-ATLAS
ARMS: CR-A7152
LEGS: LH05-COUGAR
BOOSTERS: 801-BIRDIE
FCS: CR-F73H
GENERATOR: CR-G84P
Radiator: R03-LINDEN
inside: NA
Extension: CR-E92RM3
BACK R: KINNARA
BACK L: CR-W869RO
ARM R: CR-WR93RL
ARM L: ELF3
Hanger R: Wraith pistol
Hanger L: Wraith pistol

Didn't really make this AC to be good in the game, made it to fit Dirk's character. He would mainly use the cannon rockets and blade in a fight, if pressed or outnumbered he would bring out the missiles. He has no problem with dropping the blade in order to use the ranged pistol seeing as how he is only a proficient blader and not a master blader. That's about it.

EDIT: Talked to shadow. Dirk and Shadow actually know eachother and have a running tally of who's kicked the other's butt the most (they're friends though....sortof). Also Dirk would most likely be with the Alliance in Last Raven due to his corporate affiliation or he would be with a warlord faction, but either way he would be sympathetic to any ravens caught in the crossfire.

-Rat thing, Snow Blind

-Irish saying

-Avie by KZ

Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:11 pm

Yeaah... I need to work on more.

Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:52 pm

Yes.
Yes you do
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:55 pm

Something new...

Finally. :?

Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:59 pm

I lol'd at the infinite ammo bit. :)

Keep it coming, please!
Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies
Current Avatar: Fumika of Shigofumi, by J-Nav
PSN Tag: VegaVaikyuko
"Women are angels of mercy to me." -- Edgar Allen Poe
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:01 pm

Couldn't resist, being the MGS fanboy I am. :lol:

Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:34 pm

This is lookin good comrade!

LOVE the MGS ref!

I have a picture of that scene somewhere....
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:35 am

HAH, nice. I don't even play MGS (maybe I should...) and I got/loved the infinite ammo joke :P

Awesome as always. :wink:
Don't keep us hanging for so long, I mean, you don't want to know what I did to Kur. (Lets just say it involved Mayonnaise, 2 lightbulbs from my ceiling fan, and the letter Q)
Dirktjc
Black Martyr

Postby Dirktjc » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:51 pm

Hellz yeah. I like the little discussion there, very casual, very what I imagined a group of ravens would have a planning session. Keep up the good work. 8)

-Rat thing, Snow Blind

-Irish saying

-Avie by KZ

Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:22 pm

Thanks, glad you guys like it and I doubt I'll leave you all hanging so much in the future. :)

Dirktjc
Black Martyr

Postby Dirktjc » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:06 am

Crimson Fury wrote:Thanks, glad you guys like it and I doubt I'll leave you all hanging so much in the future. :)

ehe...yeah would want to leave readers hangin..ehe

Seriously though this is very nice work, and I like how the most endearing factor (the inclusion of garage members into the plot) is working out. You're catching character facets pretty well with little information so kudos to you.

-Rat thing, Snow Blind

-Irish saying

-Avie by KZ

Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:11 pm

classic, as always :wink:
I thought you'd forgotten about it
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:54 pm

Griffon wrote:classic, as always :wink:
I thought you'd forgotten about it

Same. :D
Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies
Current Avatar: Fumika of Shigofumi, by J-Nav
PSN Tag: VegaVaikyuko
"Women are angels of mercy to me." -- Edgar Allen Poe
ClefJ
The Seraphim
GamerTag: ClefJ

Postby ClefJ » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:38 pm

Huzzad, it's here! Cools.

Ahh... eck... I don't even want to think upon anything relating to mayonase... Anyways, I'm liking. I don't usually read that kind of action. Nice jeep scene.
"Clef Cross built an Armored Core in a CAVE... with a box full of SCRAPS."
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:26 am

Oh yeah! Good to see its back!
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:50 am

Thanks guys, sorry for being so... What's the word?

Lazy? :?

Return to “Fan Fiction Discussion”