Discussion for Garage Story, fanfic by Crimson Fury

Discuss your favorite fanfic here, or talk about anything fanfic related.

Moderator: AC Moderators

VeilSide
Imprezario
PSN: CH0K1NG_H4Z4RD

Postby VeilSide » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:58 am

wow, great stuff! the way you portray the battle scene really intrigues me. keep it up, man! i'll be looking forward to the next installment of your garage story.
VHEMT

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:32 pm

Okay, so Crim's been lacking in the creativity department as of late, but I promise, on my Zippo lighter, that there will be a new chapter up this week!

Actually I am kinda waiting to get into the bulk of the main story until after I learn more of Last Raven's game story and all that. If any of you get Last Raven, and would like to change your AC to a LR design, that's fine(I know I probably will). Even people who've already been in the story can.

-Crim
"...in the course of dueling, it is bad to be maneuvered around by others. It is desirable to maneuver opponents around freely, by whatever means you may."

- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
Cast Down 98
MT Pilot

Postby Cast Down 98 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:44 pm

Hope you can use this info. I'll get his AC to you soon. It's a mid-weight with two GAST rifles, a light rail gun and seven-round-burst micro missile pod. Most parts are Mirage, the range is mostly long-distance and it uses only parts found in Nexus or especially Ninebreaker.

Without further ado...

Code Name: Cast Down/Jamie Kristian
Affiliations:Mirage-Sponsored, AC Team "Rosen Nebel" (Pink Mist) Indy Terrorist Organization (he fights Earth Government to protect people)
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 150
Build: Slim/Slightly Muscular
Appearance: Likes black: skin-tight mesh under either Rammstein or HIM T-shirt, black SWAT style pants, matching Magnum boots, trench coat. Black-dyed (normally brown) hair, blue contact lenses. Also has black nails. If he wears shorts, he likes to show off Godsmack sun with cross in middle on left calf and black Tribal moon with blue star on right calf. His black hair is parted on the left and covers his right eye. Hair length is to bottom of ears, bangs a little longer. He badly needs a tan (cos only Michael Jackson is whiter than him). Sometimes wears glasses and likes Engel "Angel" Klein, a Goth he meets (in my story at least) and is friends with. She's Leos Klein's grand-daughter...well, was, until he croaked.

Cast Down became a Raven 2 years ago, after having been an on-foot sniper for Mirage's Knightmare Special Forces. He either uses a silenced semi-auto PSG1 SD with a 20-round clip, or brings a powerful bolt-operated Walther 2000 with only a single bullet. He likes any music that would make his church Pastor puke.

In today's world, he'd be considered 'German-American.' and can speak both German and Englisch fluently.

His personality is this: He is friendly once you get to know him (or if he's on your paintball team), but he's hard to talk to at first because he's manic depressive and an insomniac. He can shoot you in the eye from a mile away but he can't sleep well and can't wait to 'go to Heaven'.

Back Story: He started with Mirage, starting his sniper career, but was initially forced to fight against them when they attacked his home city, Lockhaven. He resorted to Molotov cocktails, gas can bombs and a Remington thirty caliber hunting rifle with a scope to stop them. Mirage Commander Sakura Karasawa recognized his deadly aim and gave him a choice of being a sniper or spotter. She promised never to attack that city again, so he joined up as a sniper.

He is reported o possess Telekinesis, the ability to throw objects with his mind. This power gets stronger the calmer and more patient he is (like a sniper should be anyways).

Quirks: He's not blonde but he is extremely ditzy at times. His ultimate dream is to go down fighting, with his PSG1 SD in his arms.

Hope you use him in your story. I love this character greatly (cos he's strongly based off of me). If he as to die, cool...just, please make sure he has his rifle in hand and brings a couple baddies with him! :twisted:
Ignore Those You Do Not Need,
They Will Only Make You Drown.
You Belong to Yourself Alone,
Because Heaven Cast You Down.
The World is Against You,
Some Day You'll See.
It Always Has Been,
And it Always Will Be.

~Excert from "Writ of Despair" by Jamie Philip Christian II
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:16 pm

Alright, I put up something though it's short. Soon I will really get it rolling in the direction that I want.
"...in the course of dueling, it is bad to be maneuvered around by others. It is desirable to maneuver opponents around freely, by whatever means you may."

ClefJ
The Seraphim
GamerTag: ClefJ

Postby ClefJ » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:32 pm

Zhoa... I'd forgotten how you work, man. Been years since I read "The Duel"... or whatever it was called. Excellent job!
"Clef Cross built an Armored Core in a CAVE... with a box full of SCRAPS."
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:40 pm

Particularly interesting. Although, not to insult our friends, but I'm a bit more curious about the whole satellite thing and how you're slowly tying it into ACLR than the actual ensuing conflict. :oops:

In any case, it's nice to see a familiar cast, you know? Keep up the good work.
Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies
Current Avatar: Fumika of Shigofumi, by J-Nav
PSN Tag: VegaVaikyuko
"Women are angels of mercy to me." -- Edgar Allen Poe
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:00 pm

Thanks, sorry for the long time between each chapter, I'll try and keep them closer.

Clef you read that? That's really old I'm surprised anyone remembered it. :shock:

Thanks.

Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:02 pm

Still got a copy of it? I'll read it too (and save it for archival purposes, because I'm a self-appointed AC scribe!).
ClefJ
The Seraphim
GamerTag: ClefJ

Postby ClefJ » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:10 pm

Sure, it was years ago that I read it. First AC fic ever read by me, next to Blade of my Creation!
"Clef Cross built an Armored Core in a CAVE... with a box full of SCRAPS."
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:26 am

Damn, thats hot!

Nice work Crimson!

I liek whatcha doen with Mulky!
VeilSide
Imprezario
PSN: CH0K1NG_H4Z4RD

Postby VeilSide » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:31 am

*thumbs up* good stuff, Crim. :D i'm looking forward to seeing what events will unfold around Griff and Mulkryon. keep it up, but don't go pressuring yourself too much over updates. :wink:
VHEMT

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Postby Griffon » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:30 am

Ohhh MAN..
AWESOME stuff..Keep it comin!

EDIT: if it matters at all (probably not :P) the LR version of my AC, Mk III, has only 2 real changes, the Core got upped from U2 to the U5, and Bazooka got upped to the BP. :wink:
Just in case, and I'm bored. nuthin better to do
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Just put up chapters 4 and 5. Also, here's Kate's description.

Code Name: Angel
Affiliations: None
Height: 5'11"
Weight: ??????
Build: An athletic, toned, shapely body.
Appearance: Long streaked blonde and brown hair, bang falling over one eye. Hazel eyes and tan skin. A beautiful woman who looks good in anything from a dress to a dirty mechanic's uniform, looking especially sexy in her tan-colored, form fitting flight suit.

Description: A part-time Raven whose real passion is working on anything mechanical. Her father was an AC and MT mechanic, so she grew up learning the intricacies of how such complex machinery works, naturally growing to be one of the most skilled mechanics around. She's known to generally be easy to get along with, but she gets a kick out of being a smartass at times, especially to her partner, Crimson Fury. She rarely takes missions in her AC, when she does it's usually alongside Crimson, otherwise she's content with being his operator during his solo campaigns, or tinkering around with new ways to increase AC efficiency. She's a skilled hacker, as well. In battle she's cool-headed and as a polar-opposite of Crimson, usually taking a more thought-out approach opposed to his wild and impulsive style. She excels at defensive missions, as well as offensive. She likes to exercise, training her body and mind, and excels at surfing, a sport that not many partake in in this age.

AC Name: Soul Surfer
Type: Midweight biped

DRONE
U5
A92XS
COUGAR2
VULTURE2
F37H
G91
ANANDA
MEDUSA
JIKYOH
RA
HARPY
NIX
NIX
SYLPH
FINGER

Color: Royal blue and yellow camoflage.

Tactics: Orbits and vertical missile extensions are used from mid range, and the machineguns are used if the enemy closes. Most advances are made using cover, but once into close range the machineguns will be brought out to wreak havok.

Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:56 pm

Vaguely confuzzled, but I think I know what happened.
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:17 pm

Heh damn, y'know, I should not write under the assumption that people have played all the games or understood the already vague game stories and endings. D'oh. I'll edit that soon to make it clearer.

Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:19 pm

Crimson Fury wrote:Heh damn, y'know, I should not write under the assumption that people have played all the games or understood the already vague game stories and endings. D'oh. I'll edit that soon to make it clearer.

Oh, that wasn't what confused me at all. I'm wondering why the hell everyone is all of a sudden "lol buddy", you know? :wink:
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:27 pm

Lord Vega wrote:
Crimson Fury wrote:Heh damn, y'know, I should not write under the assumption that people have played all the games or understood the already vague game stories and endings. D'oh. I'll edit that soon to make it clearer.

Oh, that wasn't what confused me at all. I'm wondering why the hell everyone is all of a sudden "lol buddy", you know? :wink:
Well I'm planning on doing a flashback type thing soon, so all that will be cleared up. :wink:

Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:29 pm

Yeah, I'd figured you had something in store; a writer of one's caliber such as yourself does not forget to reload the gun before delivering the coup de grace. In a nutshell, yep, you're gonna deliver. XD
Crimson Fury
Elite Raven

Postby Crimson Fury » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:49 pm

Haha, I don't know about all of that high caliber stuff, but thanks. I tend to jump around in stories. Bad habit, but I hate beating around the bush and prefer to get the ball rolling toward the most interesting stuff.

In the end though, everything should be clear.

The Errant
A Dying Breed
PSN: LookOutBehindYou

Postby The Errant » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:56 am

Very nicely done, Crim, very nicely indeed. 8) So it looks like an independent group of Ravens is beginning to form, eh?
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!

Return to “Fan Fiction Discussion”