First serious attempt at a fanfic

Discuss your favorite fanfic here, or talk about anything fanfic related.

Moderator: AC Moderators

Physlis
Raven
GamerTag: Sidewaysracer

First serious attempt at a fanfic

Postby Physlis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:20 pm

A few years ago I started working on a fanfic retelling the AC story from my point of view, but with much greater detail and alot of extra stuff. That one kinda fell into obscurity and died. I just started a new one that is showing much more promise but I need some info to really get it going. The biggest issue is the timeline; my story is going to take place 20 years after Silent Line, but one of my characters is from AC1. Anybody know, or have a guess, as to the amount of time that passed between AC1 and SL? I'm figuring about 50 years, but I'd like to be a little more accurate. Just for some info, my character is not the protagonist, but he will be helping out throughout the story as one of the last Ravens kind of as a mentor, so age is a big factor.
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Re: First serious attempt at a fanfic

Postby Griffon » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:42 am

Well, it's your fanfic, so it's really up to you how the games are intertwined, but officially they're separate. AC1-AC2:AA, AC3-AC:LR, and AC4-AC:fA are divided into three distinct timelines.
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Physlis
Raven

Postby Physlis » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:06 am

That's true, I think I might need to do some tweaking to the timelines anyhow. I looked at the back of all the games I got and if I'm judging right my character would be like 120+ years old, although with the whole Human Plus stuff... whatever. Once I get a few chapters done I'll post 'em up for review.

Didn't know the series was separated like that, learned somethin new...
Physlis
Raven

Postby Physlis » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:17 am

Well, I'm still delaying the next chapter of "The Last Great Raven" again. I've got 90% of it down, but I'm still trying to figure out how I want to word part of it. It'll be atleast another week before I get it right, but in the meantime if you guys have any comments I'd like to hear them.
Physlis
Raven

Postby Physlis » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Chapers 3 & 4 of The Last Great Raven are up, check 'em out.
Physlis
Raven

Postby Physlis » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:33 pm

Don't know how many of you have been hanging on every word, but I've fallen behind again. I had alot of other projects going lately so I kinda lost motivation to get pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard...whatever.

Anyhow, if I get to it I should be able to get the next chapters done up and posted in a few weeks. If nothing else I'll be deploying soon and I won't have much to do other than write, so we'll see what happens.

Comments are still welcome if you have any... if I got fans, lol

Return to “Fan Fiction Discussion”