Kur's Dissension...

Discuss your favorite fanfic here, or talk about anything fanfic related.

Moderator: AC Moderators

Kur
Elite Dragon Army Commander
Location: Your imagination. Now imagine me up some food. Hungry in here.

Re: Kur's Dissension...

Postby Kur » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:39 pm

Griffon wrote:
The Dark One wrote:FIRST EVER PA EXPLOSION!!! :lol: :lol: .

:shock: Brix have been shat.

What's a PA explosion? :?: :?: :?:

BTW.. Kur was Kongs power source when things like that happened....
Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. - Thomas Jefferson

In other words, SHUT UP TARD!!!
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Postby Griffon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:25 pm

Kur wrote:

When you were fighting the ARETHA in "Seed a Barren Earth", did it ever just randomly explode, that would completely f**k you up if you were really close, yet the ARETHA was fine?

They've given you that ability in AC:fA, though toned down, of course. Its called Assault Armor, and its the ability for certain Overboost engines to overcharge the PA and detonate it.
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Kur

Postby Kur » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Griffon wrote:
Kur wrote:

When you were fighting the ARETHA in "Seed a Barren Earth", did it ever just randomly explode, that would completely f**k you up if you were really close, yet the ARETHA was fine?

They've given you that ability in AC:fA, though toned down, of course. Its called Assault Armor, and its the ability for certain Overboost engines to overcharge the PA and detonate it.

Nope, never happened.

Only thing weird that AC ever did was stop fighting. Sort of stopped dodging and slowed down its fire rate. Really easy kill if you ask me. A whole lot easier than some of the simulation battles.
Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. - Thomas Jefferson

Kur

Postby Kur » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:41 pm

Hmm... This is interesting.

I have about 1/4 of a chapter 20 written. I had completely forgotten about it until I just saw it.

Did I ever post it? Or did I leave off at chapter 19?

Because I am going to have to completely scrap what I have of 20 if I am going to start writing again.

Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Nope, never posted anything past 19 :(
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Kur

Postby Kur » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:05 pm

Griffon wrote:Nope, never posted anything past 19 :(

Ok good. I started reading the fic last night and got to chapter 6.

Man this thing is just full of typos and bad (even for me) grammar. You guys actually liked it?

Anyway, once I am done reading the fic and unlocking all of the parts in AC4, I am going to start working on chapter 20.

Any english majors here want to give me a hand with editing?

Darryl
MT Pilot

Postby Darryl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:05 pm

YEEEE!!!!! At last!! As much as i want ot help Kur, School's too much for me to handle. Coming exams, Thesis, projects and all that thing. So, goodluck!!
Armored core is my life...
The Dark One
Psychosexy
PSN: TheDarkOne198

Postby The Dark One » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:27 pm

I may,but I have never done anything fanfic related,other than reading one and your fic may have a bunch of spelling screw ups,but believe me,I've seen worse.

Edit:I'm looking forward to the continued work.I'm gonna have to re-read it too,so as to remember everything and not be confused.*I hate accidentally hitting the "quote" button instead of the "edit" button,like I just did a minute ago...*

On a side note,I can't believe Aretha hasn't PAE'd you yet,the other day I fought him and he did it 3 times in the space of like 30 seconds or so,and this stopping/slowing thing...I have not seen it.True he does stop from time to time to do a kind of dual swipe of his six gats,but only for a few seconds.Then he just QBs all over the place,as usual.Then again,AI on AC games has always been a bit screwy.I remember those "test" MTs from AC1 just stop and turn back and forth for a few seconds,leaving them wide open.It could be a quirk with your copy of the game,and if so,kudos.That thing can be a beast to catch at times.
AV courtesy of HAPPY!
Kur

Postby Kur » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Ok, I just finished reading the fic and I have a general idea of how I am going to continue it in a way that lets me link into the AC4 'universe'

Now I need to get on the ol' Xbox and finish unlocking all the parts. Not to mention try to get an S rank on all of the missions then do it again in hard mode to unlock more FRS points. I really don't see how I am going to do that though. It seems that hard mode is greedy with its S ranks. (took me 18 tries to S rank the first mission on hard...) Crap, I have enough trouble S ranking in regular difficulty.

Say, there aren't any parts just lying around behind things like in the other AC games is there?

Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Kur wrote:Say, there aren't any parts just lying around behind things like in the other AC games is there?

Nope
The Dark One
Psychosexy

Postby The Dark One » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:01 pm

Griffon wrote:
Kur wrote:Say, there aren't any parts just lying around behind things like in the other AC games is there?

Nope

I always found that disappointing,I know it wouldn't work with the PS3 control scheme that well,but looking for parts was something I always enjoyed.
AV courtesy of HAPPY!
Kur

Postby Kur » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:24 pm

The Dark One wrote:
Griffon wrote:

Nope

I always found that disappointing,I know it wouldn't work with the PS3 control scheme that well,but looking for parts was something I always enjoyed.

I didn't.

It always seemed like a 'half ass' thrown-in kind of thing.

I did however think it would have been cool to steal parts from other ACs or be able to salvage defeated foes.

It would require a great deal more parts and for the parts to be extremely expensive to make up for the funds you would acquire doing so.

Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:47 am

Kur wrote:I did however think it would have been cool to steal parts from other ACs or be able to salvage defeated foes.

You kinda-sorta-almost do that now. You get a number of hidden parts from completing missions on Hard mode, and it's often a part from an AC you end up fighting.
The Dark One
Psychosexy

Postby The Dark One » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:48 am

Like the 07-Moonlight from beating Orleans.I can't think of anything else,right now,but that's one example.
AV courtesy of HAPPY!
Kur

Postby Kur » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:12 pm

hmm,

Imagine an Armored Core RPG. Oblivion meets Armored Core.

Kur

Postby Kur » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:47 pm

By the way, is there a way to turn on the flippin lights in the garage on AC4?

All my ACs look like giant black lumps. I can't see anything really.

The Dark One
Psychosexy

Postby The Dark One » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:28 pm

I always wanted an MMOAC (my own made up phrase) game.I always more thought Everquest meets AC.New/updated environs,parts,and everything else,but that would be too much for poor old FROM to handle.

Unless you're AC is bright,glow in the dark colors,you won't see it that much in the garage.Sux,I know.Turn you're TV brightness up,or something,I guess.
AV courtesy of HAPPY!
The Errant
A Dying Breed
PSN: LookOutBehindYou

Postby The Errant » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:06 pm

...Wow. If Kur can pick up a fic and finish it from several years ago, then dammit I should be able to too!

But yeah, Kur's Dissension was, I think, the first AC fic I ever read and was one of the ones I most would have liked to have seen finished, and now that that chance is there I really hope you do it, Kur. Be assured I'll definitely be reading.
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
Kur

Postby Kur » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:00 pm

Shadowspear wrote:...Wow. If Kur can pick up a fic and finish it from several years ago, then dammit I should be able to too!

But yeah, Kur's Dissension was, I think, the first AC fic I ever read and was one of the ones I most would have liked to have seen finished, and now that that chance is there I really hope you do it, Kur. Be assured I'll definitely be reading.

Oh no, don't you use me as motivation to finish your fic. Step up man, do it for yourself!

I want you to stand up right now, clench your hand into a fist and pump it in the air as you proclaim with authority:

"I will finish my fic, and I will do it because I want to!"

And after that, apologize to anybody in the room who you startled and then send me $5.

The Dark One
Psychosexy

Postby The Dark One » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:40 pm

LMAO! That was a good one,Kur.

I didn't know SS had a fic...
AV courtesy of HAPPY!

Return to “Fan Fiction Discussion”