"Bittersweet Nightmare" Discussion

Discuss your favorite fanfic here, or talk about anything fanfic related.

Moderator: AC Moderators

Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

"Bittersweet Nightmare" Discussion

Postby Griffon » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:02 am

Well GOD DAMN.

After putting it off for far too long, I had finally put together the first chapter and come up with something resembling a plotline. I'm hoping that, mixed with the fact that it's now been posted, will give me enough drive to keep it going at more than a snails pace.

You may or may not notice a few cameos from older ACs (or their NEXT incarnation at least) in the story as well.
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed designs, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
The Joker
Chaotic Clown
PSN: Joker5_ACG

Postby The Joker » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:31 am

Reading now....

PMing you...

Excellent. Who the hell is Ruby? Write more. Now.
The Errant
A Dying Breed
PSN: LookOutBehindYou

Postby The Errant » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:08 pm

Pretty good, I'm hoping to read more and to see where this is going. Also our discussion the other day got me inspired again, LOL.
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:00 pm

Dirge seems overly emotional to me. =p

That said, not bad. One or twice you have sentence fragments and changes of tense, but that's not a big deal. I was sort of disappointed with the opener, though, since that tells us everything immediately, with no frills whatsoever. I was hoping for more of a gradual reveal throughout the plot.

Will read more when posted.
Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies
Current Avatar: Fumika of Shigofumi, by J-Nav
PSN Tag: VegaVaikyuko
"Women are angels of mercy to me." -- Edgar Allen Poe
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:49 pm

Thanks guys, glad its a total piece of crap. :P

The Joker wrote:Reading now....

PMing you...

And good input was provided. If you don't mind, I'm going to edit the original post to follow the superior, easier-to-read format. :D

Shadowspear wrote:Also our discussion the other day got me inspired again, LOL.

DO IT

Lord Vega wrote:That said, not bad. One or twice you have sentence fragments and changes of tense, but that's not a big deal. I was sort of disappointed with the opener, though, since that tells us everything immediately, with no frills whatsoever. I was hoping for more of a gradual reveal throughout the plot.

Yeah, I read over it again before i posted, but I guess I passed over the mistakes anyway. :(
As for the opener, I get where you're coming from, but I felt it was better to simply explain the situation. All its really doing is explaining what's occurred since the ending of AC4.
Last edited by Griffon on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed designs, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Selsix
End's Echo
PSN: Selsix

Postby Selsix » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:38 pm

wow i like it so far, ALOT, keep it up, i look forward to the rest :wink:
The Dark One wrote:What the FUCK!? Where has this thread gone?
One minute, we were dumping on The Master of Douche's, then its time for Happy and Griff to adopt Selsix.
Happy
Hyperactive Pink Ninja
PSN: Happy_ACG

Postby Happy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:41 am

DAMN CLIFFHANGERS!!! :P I love the descrpitions of the situations, the AC's in here, everything! Seems good so far hon :D
Deemer: or my favorite "I bought a wireless router, but it doesn’t work"
"is it plugged into your modem?"
"no, I thought it was wireless"
me: ..............

My Deviant art page :D
Griffon
Old Bird

Re: "Bittersweet Nightmare" Discussion

Postby Griffon » Sat May 24, 2008 8:00 am

Chapter 2 is finally up.

Also, if anyone would like to make an appearance in the story, go ahead and let me know. I've got most of the main cast planned out already, so I'm afraid I can't guarantee an appearance, but I'll try. Let me know (In this thread, or PM) and I'll send you a PM of all the character info I need.
The Errant
A Dying Breed

Postby The Errant » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:12 pm

Chapter 2 looks pretty good, I'm liking the style of it with the post-action commentary that makes it seem like he is really telling the story from a later date, adding his own observations as he goes. Some of it's a tad clunky in the choice of words, but it's not bad. I'll be reading.
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:41 am

Hey guys. For all of... two people still here who read and enjoyed this, I haven't forgotten about it. A part of me still wants to continue, but my extreme displeasure at fA makes it hard. Sort of difficult to write a story about something you have nothing but the deepest ire for, no? This has lead me to two conclusions, and I wanted to ask anyone here who might care enough, which they'd like to see.
I could either keep going with what I have into an alternate fA, or I can keep the course with my current idea, but I'm admittedly getting impatient. I can shelve it for now, and wait to see what AC5 has to offer. And if it doesn't suck, I can start the story over again placed in that timeline. I'll change a few things around, sure, but I can keep a lot of the main story lines and plot that hadn't shown up yet. A sort of "Bittersweet Nightmare: Reform", if you will.
Ehh, either way, I just wanted to see what anybody else thought.
The Errant
A Dying Breed

Postby The Errant » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:15 am

I know how you feel, and feel the same way about many efforts of mine that have fell by the wayside (or as I prefer to say, been put on the back burner). All I can say is, whatever you decide to do, make sure your heart's in it or else it'll be a struggle to do anything at all with it.

Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:50 am

Shads is right about that, belated shmooping by7 the way.

Return to “Fan Fiction Discussion”