AC collab fan fic?

Discuss your favorite fanfic here, or talk about anything fanfic related.

Moderator: AC Moderators

Triple Zero
Raven

AC collab fan fic?

Postby Triple Zero » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:43 am

Here's an idea I have.

Because I'm too busy with other stuff to do a real fan fic, and I'm way to lazy (busy and lazy, not a good combonation. XD ) to actually put the effort into it...

What if we started up a collaborative Fan fiction? I can set the mood, the plot, and the back story, but the day-to-day writing would be done by anyone who wanted involved. (including me)

Or, in other words, descriptive role play under a different name perhaps?

Tell me what you think. I'd love to start one, but only if others are interested.

Backstory:

The world lives inside of a giant super-city.

Earth is covered in this massive city, and people are not allowed outside.
The city is best described as a utopia, with large flowing plants, running water in the streets, and plenty of money. This is maintained by the iron grip that the government holds on the corporations.

The Government keeps the city intact, because no one can become powerful enough to stop anyone else. Certain corporate research is simply banned, because it could lead to an imbalance of power.

So corporations are basically having to fight eachother, without being able to have actual armies or forces.

Except Ravens.

Ravens are the one exception to the Government's control policy about Arms, Research, weapons, and power control, because Ravens are issued, hired, controlled, and kept in line by the government.

In exchange, Ravens are allowed freedom from the city. Something that no other citizens, not even the corporations can do, unless specifically issued by the government to do so.

Because outside, is a completely different world.

By starving the earth of resources in it's other half, the ground became barren, the earth became harsh. With the humans sucking all of nature into their giant city, the remaining life on earth slowly died. After several hundred years of this city's rule, no one knows what exists outside.

However, a few government employees, and a few Ravens, do.

Outside, a human society has branched.

Ravens taking missions to go outside, turned on the government, and fled. Eventually leading to the reproduction of a pure Raven race. They plan rebellion. They call themselves, the New Nest. Wanting to revive the ways of old, where ravens were hired by corporations, and weren't bound by strict restrictions that preventing corporations from even advancing their technology to suit the Raven's needs.

Raven Control, and the New Nest. Each one is formed from the same people, ravens, but they each have different views on what it truly means to be a raven.

These are the corporations, and government branches: (Yes, they are from my RPG site, which I might abandon, because the the amount of work needing to be done on it, and me trying to find a good RPG system to use)

Advent.INC
Leader in AC part development, equivalent to Mirage/Zio Matrix. They produce n more advanced parts than Core Armaments, but they produce parts that serve new and different purposes. For this, many ravens prefer them over Core Armaments.

Core Armaments
A single corporation, split in two. They are primarily separate, but are owned by the same person. One produces AC parts, the other, MT designs.

Core Armaments MT design
The First branch of Core Armaments. Leading MT design, produces few parts, but is a great resource for a Raven looking for MT consorts. They hire ravens very rarely, and only when they are desperate. Whether their requests get past the government, is another problem they have to deal with.

Core Armaments AC design
The second branch of Core Armaments. These guys produce a wide variety of AC parts. Equivalent to Crest/Emeraude

Anarchy Rebellion
A well-organized terrorist group. They strive to eliminate government control, and break down large corporations. They are especially skilled at coaxing ravens to their cause, turning the Raven against the corporations they once served. Those few individuals who know about the New Nest speculate that they might have some involvement with the Anarchy Rebellion.

The Government.
The World-wide Earth Government is put into place by the Citizens, to prevent corporations and Ravens from going out of control. Over time, it became the sole power in the world, and controls everything. Instead of a single, focused government, it is divided into groups that manage specific things, to enhance it's ability to control such a large city.

Intelligence Control
This is the Government control system that has one sole purpose: Prevent certain information from being known. One of the Government's main control over corporations, is that they are denied access to certain areas of research.

Arms Control
This is the Government control system that prevents corporations to form armies or large masses of firepower, thus preventing "True" war. Instead the corporations use their MT defenses and hire ravens to do their work for them, because they can't over power each other. This is why Ravens are needed in this society. All ravens however, have to be approved by the government, and meet strict government policies.

Raven Control
This is the government control system that prevents Ravens from using ACs outside of Mission Parameters, or having personal contracts with a single party. They have the most influence on the corporations and Ravens, since they decide which missions assignments should be given out, and to who.

The Advent Weapons Development Team
It's a small branch of Advent, that was once it's own company. Low production and missed deadlines sent it bankrupt, until Advent bought them out. Now they develop new and unusual AC parts under Advent's name. Rough Equivalent of Kisaragi/Balena. The government prevents them from using their full potential in their weapons development.
Last edited by Triple Zero on Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Postby Griffon » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:13 am

so, something like what we're doing with the gundam thing/
I may jump in on it.

What AC-era will this be in, btw? AC1, 2, 3, NX-LR, 4, or something completely new, with new custom parts?
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:25 am

Looks like new. Sign me up as a potential for now; not sure how much I'd be able to post since I'm currently on vacate + have college starting in the fall.
Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies
Current Avatar: Fumika of Shigofumi, by J-Nav
PSN Tag: VegaVaikyuko
"Women are angels of mercy to me." -- Edgar Allen Poe
Triple Zero
Raven

Postby Triple Zero » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:20 pm

Here's the idea for the parts:

You can fill in whatever name you'd like, and describe the part. You can use names from the other games. (since it really doesn't matter) For custom names, please make a full serial number/name. Yo ucan use whatever format you want.

You also can use any part from any of the games, EXCEPT Karasawa and moonlight. You know why. ROZ might also be a part to stay away from, because it will make your AC have very high energy. You CAN edit the part's serial code, if you want to include a part that doesn't exist yet. Or just stick 2 after something you want to make an addition on.

Don't worry about Overweight, or arm weight, but as long as you are realistic, it won't matter.

(meaning, heavy frame and heavy weapons, on a tiny lightweight legs set won't work.)

AC4 PARTS AND IDEAS/PHYSICS (QB) ARE NOT ALLOWED.

NOTE: YOU ARE ALLOWED MULTIPLE ACs, but you can only use 1 at a time. The others stay in your garage.

Do it kinda like this:

Pilot Name: Triple Zero
AC Name: Hard Contact

Head: Eye4 (Lightweight head, with good functions and good defense, but high energy drain.)
Core: U2 - (Yeah, from LR. Midweight well-balanced Hanger core)
Arms: LORIS (Yes. From LR. Mid-heavy high defense arms)
Legs: 89F (Low energy comsumption, with high load limit. From LR)
Booster: TP (High power, high usage drain. From LR)
FCS: F37H (Horizontal with good Parallel sight, max lock 3)
Generator: LOTUS2. (low Cal value. Very high Output, low capacity, high redzone. LOTUS design with improved output. More weight. )
Radiator: Ananda (Low energy drain, but with high energy cosumption)
Inside: None
Extension: Roe2 (Laser Rifle ammo extensions)
Arm Unit R: Shade2 (powerful, well balanced laser rifle)
Arm Unit L: LB4 (High range, above average damage energy blade)
Back Unit R: SATARYOS2 (middleweight Middle missile. 36 ammo, max lock 1. Fires two missiles per lock. )
Back Unit L: None
Hanger Unit R: 89/Beam (Hanger storable laser rifle, 500 damage, 36 ammo, 55 firing interval. Low wieght. )

Optionals (You can pick 5 optional parts to enhance your AC. NO OP-I. Just list the effects, not the name)
Energy weapon damage+
Energy Weapon reduced firing interval
Energy Weapon reduced energy usage
Generator Capacity+
Generator Output+
Monti
Raven

Postby Monti » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:41 pm

Looks like fun. I'll definately give it a shot. Not sure at how good I'll be at doing this or how much free time I'll have, espceially in the next few weeks. I have Marching Band Camp starting, then I have work on the weekends. Ugh.

But I will keep this in mind.
Triple Zero
Raven

Postby Triple Zero » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:55 pm

Go ahead and post your mech, bio, background info, stuff like that. I'll start the actual story soon, once a few people join in.
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:35 pm

I don't get it, why are SAWA & ML off limits?
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:02 pm

Id figure high attack capacity, especially AC2 Sawa when combined with Damage Boost and Fire Rate Increase Inside parts which makes it practically a slow firing machinegun

anyway though sounds like fun, I think I'll revive one of my AC3SL ACs for this....I miss that game
The Errant
A Dying Breed
PSN: LookOutBehindYou

Postby The Errant » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:06 pm

Okay so the way I'm seeing this, is that basically that first post sets up the universe, and then we all just kind of write our own stories within that universe, so really it's like several fics in one.
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:21 pm

Squall wrote:Id figure high attack capacity, especially AC2 Sawa when combined with Damage Boost and Fire Rate Increase Inside parts which makes it practically a slow firing machinegun

Well, the SAWA 1&2, i can understand, but the MWG-KARASAWA & the KRSW? I mean, thats a perfectly reasonable gun, and the ML? what if someone like SS wanted in, the quintessential blader isn't allowed to use the quintessential blade?? :?
I'm not asking for myself, I'm neither a blader nor a sawa user, but what about the people who are?
Last edited by Griffon on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hated Aries
Veteran Raven
PSN: Aries_VI
GamerTag: Archetype LXV

Postby Hated Aries » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:29 pm

I'm in. Lemme get my PS2 back and pop in AC2 or another one and I'll try and get something made.
Setsuna wrote:"Nice to meet you, my name is Dr. Superman and I'll be removing that brain tumor for you."
Triple Zero
Raven

Postby Triple Zero » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:07 pm

I suppose if used fairly they are open.

But AC1s, and 2s Sawas were pretty uneven. AC3's was only bad if used on an UW Midweight AC. (Even though It still had lowere firepower than AC2's due to high weight)

As for moonlight, I'm a lot less strict about it. Go ahead and use it if you want, but no Moonlight/'Sawa combos.

Or you can create your own weapon based along Moonlight or the Sawa.
Fenrir
RocketMan
PSN: Steel_Scyther

Postby Fenrir » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:57 am

Hey, another joint type fic thing! I'm in. It'll give me an excuse to get writing. If only this had come up at the beginning of the summer instead of the end I would be able to contribute more before the school year starts.

Ah, well. I'll do what I can.

I've already got a build idea too... :twisted:
The character is another story though.
Ares
Raven

Postby Ares » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:34 am

A joint fic? Count me in, man. I'll post my character's bio and AC designs later. Also, I've got a question for you. Must the custom parts be similar to already existing parts, or can we create something that hasn't been seen in the games, like a solid metal sword, for example
Lies are just creative truths
Mobius 1
Raven
PSN: Virtuous_Seraph
GamerTag: Hawk0fEndymion

Postby Mobius 1 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:31 am

Joint AC Fic, you say?

Awesome. Count me in

Guess I'll have to revive my Jumper.
より多くの成果を獲得することで、存在意義を達成する
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:23 am

just a quicky question though about chars themselves...

Anything goes as in I could use Squall (within reason, probably genetic experiment)

or are we restricted ot humans (humans being the avatar of enviromental/self destruction)
Vandal Hearts
Veteran Raven

Postby Vandal Hearts » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:21 am

I'm in a similiar project down at ACO. But this is gonna be tight! I'm in.
This is one boring ass signature...

Other than that.....Distaseful is the LH (LlamaHumper)

PSN: LlamaHumper and Vandal_Hearts (Pick your poison!)
Triple Zero
Raven

Postby Triple Zero » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:42 pm

@Squall: Anything that can Pilot and AC, or can reconfigure an AC to be piloted by them. Genetic Experiment sounds fine.

@Everyone else: I'm starting it here in the next week sometime, so get your ACs and pilot bios posted.
Fenrir
RocketMan
PSN: Steel_Scyther

Postby Fenrir » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:01 pm

Morgan Flint
Skin Tone: Light tan
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 75 Kg
Hair: Light Brown, long
Eyes: Green
Clothing: Camouflage pants, Belt with various pouches, white T-shirt, and a leather jacket.

Bio: Morgan Flint ran away from home at a very young age to join the arms control branch of the Earth government. At the time they were in need of manpower and were willing to accept just about anyone. Beginning his life as a career soldier, Flint survived several battles by his outstanding decision making skills in the field, as well as dumb luck. At age 18, he was assigned to a special operations unit which utilized what were considered at the time advanced weapons. After a botched rescue mission, a Raven captured him and eliminated all of his comrades. While facing execution by the Anarchy rebellion, Flint managed to escape his imprisonment and flee to a nearby New Nest operations center.

Ironically, the very Raven who had captured him took him in, teaching him how to pilot an AC. Flint came to accept the fact that his compatriots were killed by this man. For that particular raven, there were no enemies unless he was threatened or on the battlefield.

Morgan Flint maintains this ideology as he himself takes on missions as a Raven.

AC: Tyrant
yH06-LADYB High armor and good cooling replace sensor ability.
CCM-00-STO OB core with balanced specs.
CR-A7152 Stable leg part with good shell defense.
MBT/NI-GULL
MONJU
FUDOH
ANANDA
-
ZEX-RS/HOUND Missile interceptor pod with quick reaction time.
KINNARA Medium size micro missiles
VRLT-B10000 Good radar with stealth sensor.
WG-AR1000 Enormous machine gun sporting great firepower.
WL09ES-GIGAS2 Energy shield with optimal coverage.

Solid Screen
Energy Screen
Energy Cap. +
Turning speed +
Lower Shield Drain
Last edited by Fenrir on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:37 pm

OK!

Here we go

Profile Time!

Raven ID: Squall
Background: Unknown before escape from a genetic testing facility
It is assumed that he is a genetic experiment to create a species compatible with a new type of OS for use with ACs and MTs that utilizes a direct nueral link
Basic Physical Data:
Height: 1 meter
Weight: 97 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green (Iridescent)
Skintone: middleground of terra-cotta and caucasian
Image Data, last known image
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/61228656/
Personality Data:
Tempermental at times, usually energetic and sarcastic and pessimistic, he has spurts of optimism. Tends to have a jaded view of things and cracks snide comments at times

AC:
Endymion

Newtype AC Unit designed for maximum effective functionality with a new type of Operating System that utilizes a direct nueral link

MAYFLY Cooling 4, ECM 6
CRONUS Cooling 10
MACAQUE Cooling 6, SHell Def 2, Energy Def 2
LH98XS Cooling 6, Shell Def 2, Energy Def 2
B83TP B-Heat 10
MONJU
USUSAMA Condenser Cap 10
R92 Cooling 10
KURARA
MAGORAGA
WR93RL-X2 a modified variant of the RL Rifle with a multi-type fire control, for assault, burst and standard fire
X-01A HYPERION a new model of Saber utilizing a compressed photon blade, resulting in a wedge shaped broadsword style blade, handheld instead of arm mounted, can be equiped as a bayonet on rifle type weapons

Amino
ES
SS
EC
L+
Primer
R+
Marishi

Colorscheme: Predominantly white with red trim

(note to properly view this AC, load it in ACLR or ACFF)

Return to “Fan Fiction Discussion”