Armored Core: Aether

Discuss your favorite fanfic here, or talk about anything fanfic related.

Moderator: AC Moderators

ClefJ
The Seraphim
GamerTag: ClefJ

Armored Core: Aether

Postby ClefJ » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:45 pm

Though I haven't played Last Raven yet, I really want to make another AC fic based off of this game. It's like a tradition, or something. ^__^

Wondering if this is wanted, since I'm both out of practice, and there needs to be another AC fic (IMO). Since, from what I heard, Last Raven is almost exactly what Clef and the crew of Crimson Tide were all about; the destruction of the Corporations and keeping the Great Destruction at bay. Siding in such a war between, what, Jack-O and Evangel? --would be a perfect setting for an AC fic. For me, I think. What say you, can you stand another Clef fic?
"Clef Cross built an Armored Core in a CAVE... with a box full of SCRAPS."
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:57 pm

NO I CANT I THINK UR WRITIN IS HORRIBL U SUCK LOL

Get to it. :D
Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies
Current Avatar: Fumika of Shigofumi, by J-Nav
PSN Tag: VegaVaikyuko
"Women are angels of mercy to me." -- Edgar Allen Poe
Ares
Raven

Postby Ares » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:54 am

Another Clef fic? Man, that would rock! I've been reading your stuff for a while now before registering. By all means, go ahead
Lies are just creative truths
Kuraiheishi
shizukakuma

Postby Kuraiheishi » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:15 pm

What the hell is wrong with you man!? You're wasting time sitting around waiting for replies!? Get to writing!
A leader is not better than his people. He is better FOR his people. A leader who would lay his pride aside for his people, is a leader that is better for his people.
ClefJ
The Seraphim

Postby ClefJ » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:21 pm

Yaysers! Well, I'm currently brainstorming. Gotta be good, yes? I need to go out and buy Last Raven. Have a gift card for $50 that I just found among birthday cards (How could I miss it?!), so after Tuesday... it shall be mine.

Then, all I need is enhanced character bios from all those in Crimson Tide, gonna involve them in it as well.
Dirktjc
Black Martyr
Location: Paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!

Postby Dirktjc » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:14 pm

Dude....stop asking...it's a silly question and you know it. 8)
"Jack the sound barrier, bring the noise."
-Rat thing, Snow Blind

"May ya be half an hour in Heaven, before the Devil knows you're dead!"
-Irish saying

Wash your hands and walk away
-Avie by KZ
PSN handle = Black_Martyr
ClefJ
The Seraphim

Postby ClefJ » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:14 pm

Finally bought it, and all that stands in my way is Zinaida.... argh. But yeh. I've played it enough now to make this fanfic. I'm actually gonna narrate two +- missions that's in-game before the big one plotter. Or something. Prolly one for Clef, one for Fox, and both of 'em get the same one on the third. Maybe.
Lord Vega
Spider-Man

Postby Lord Vega » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:54 pm

GOD WIN

I like it so far. :)
Blog|DVDs|Games|Anime|Movies
Current Avatar: Fumika of Shigofumi, by J-Nav
PSN Tag: VegaVaikyuko
"Women are angels of mercy to me." -- Edgar Allen Poe
Kuraiheishi
shizukakuma

Postby Kuraiheishi » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:18 pm

Who's this Naquitis guy? :lol:
A leader is not better than his people. He is better FOR his people. A leader who would lay his pride aside for his people, is a leader that is better for his people.
Dirktjc
Black Martyr
Location: Paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!

Postby Dirktjc » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:00 pm

Indeed many good things bout this fic so far. But I must be honest, Your talents in narration have dulled somewhat during your time away. Still impressive and far better then I could do however in terms of 'setting the scene'.

Hmmm, I never thought of what would have happened to Dirk after the corporations solidified...Most probably nothing good. Perhaps I should put some thought into that...
"Jack the sound barrier, bring the noise."

-Rat thing, Snow Blind

"May ya be half an hour in Heaven, before the Devil knows you're dead!"

-Irish saying

Wash your hands and walk away

-Avie by KZ

PSN handle = Black_Martyr
The Errant
A Dying Breed
PSN: LookOutBehindYou

Postby The Errant » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:07 pm

I can't really contribute anything that hasn't been said already. Made of awesome, though yes, it does seem a tad hurried.
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
ClefJ
The Seraphim

Postby ClefJ » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:29 pm

A bit better this time, methinks. Setting up a little plot, established that Fox DIDN't die at the end of Capital Truth.... ROIHCLEM.... so yeh.

Any of you guys know what's the name of the mountain range between the Highlands and Tartrus HQ? The name is there, but I can't make it out on my TV. ....or anywhere else that might be snowy, for that matter.
The Errant
A Dying Breed

Postby The Errant » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:30 pm

Reading your stories again makes me think of how bland my writing style is compared to yours...

So far it seems alright, though maybe I should go back over Capital Truth when I get the time. I had a hard time understanding exactly how Fox and Asura figure in to this little group, but at the end I understood.

I wasn't exactly able to figure out exactly where they were though; were they in the office itself, or in an adjoining room?
The Errant, formerly known as Shadowspear. Because it seems like I always eventually come back to this place. :)

I don't really Armored Core anymore, but I've been heavy into MechWarrior Online lately. If you play, shoot me a friend request (same name on there, The Errant)!
ClefJ
The Seraphim

Postby ClefJ » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:58 pm

Oh. Hadn't fleshed that out it seems... Yep, they were in the same office. It was one of those reeealy big ones. Fox and Asura were by the window at the far end, and the Execs were way in the back with the table by the opposing wall.
ClefJ
The Seraphim

Postby ClefJ » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:25 pm

R&R on the last chapter with Clef? Going a lil' too slow, or is it fine?
The Errant
A Dying Breed

Postby The Errant » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:45 pm

Haven't gotten to the last chapter yet, I just read Chapter 3 as a matter of fact...

Excellent transition to and from sleep. The small summary didn't really have much of a lead-in (might not be explaining myself clearly), but summaries should be towards the beginning of a story IMO and there was really no better way I could see for you to have included one.

Nice job so far, I promise to try to get caught up over Xmas break. :)

ClefJ
The Seraphim

Postby ClefJ » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:49 am

Almost 300 views! YAY! Either someone's just refreshing their page, or people LIEK CORM-- eh, My FIC! Yay.

Finally, a fracking son of hozbots drenning frelling YOTZ about time! I've just completed the first chapter which actually has COMBAT! Do enjoy.
Kuraiheishi
shizukakuma

Postby Kuraiheishi » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:05 am

Another solid chapter. Keep them coming man. 8)
Kitsune
THE TASTER

Postby Kitsune » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:09 am

Alright...

So far, the combat is good. No god modding, no way prolonged death scenes... no prolonged conversations.

Concerning the one on one fight...
Pros: Most of the character interaction seemed well placed
Well described, not going into too much detail but not leaving the reader out
Wounds! :D
Cons: hand to hand combat... a little too much in my opinion, but this is pure opinion in this regard. Not many will find themselves nailing another A.C. with a rifle, especially if they have a laser blade.
Tastes of ACG:
|Rod= Pork| |Mage= Chicken| |Lord Vega= Lobster| |Dr. Know= poo...| |Prome= Cajun Chicken| |Wraith= Carrots| |Triple8= Oranges| |Dirk=Baked Beans| |Catastrophe= Celery| |Aries= Deer| |Zero- The Nine Breaker= Franks Hot Sauce| |Squall= Furry| |Veilside= Bean soup| |Griffon= Beef Pudding| |Deemer= Gunpowder| |Kidzero= Pastels| |ClefJ= Erasers| |Happy= Roast Duck| |Setsuna= Burnt Rubber| |Midknight= Roast Beast| |Kitsune= Eggroll| |Ditto 88= Skateboards| |Shadowspear= MREs||Fenrir= ashes|
Major props to KidZero for current avatar!!
PSN: Kitsune_CT
ClefJ
The Seraphim

Postby ClefJ » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:43 pm

...I hate fillers. So much.

I'm taking a break for everyone to catch up. Is that alright? I know many of you just haven't gotten a chance to get past half of what I have already done.

Return to “Fan Fiction Discussion”