THE Test Thread!

This is just a test forum. If you want to test something, do it here.

Moderators: Off Topic Mods, AC Moderators

Daxon Takemura
Raven
PSN: Daxon

Re: THE Test Thread!

Postby Daxon Takemura » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:04 pm

I figured I come back, post some horrible AC5 builds whilst pretending to be cool, get some useful responses and then make cookies.
Don't blink!
UNIT [29] of the GARAGE VANGUARD
Griffon
Old Bird
PSN: Griffon_ACG

Postby Griffon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:22 am

Cookies are a good thing.
Armored Core has changed.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
shurikenlord13
Raven
PSN: iStompya

Postby shurikenlord13 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:51 am

Cookies FTW! :mrgreen:

NORTHLANDERS! -- unit 00

History: AUSSIE DEMONS! -- unit 13

Proud rev-joint pilot since AC4
Armored core veteran since ACN
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm gluten intolerant. Take your cookies and shove em down your throats!

YES...GO AND EAT YOUR OWN DAMNED COOKIES DAMNIT!
Apollo
Veteran Raven

Postby Apollo » Thu May 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /posting.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at forum.acgarage.com Port 80
Long-Range/High-Speed/Unconventional

My AC's:
FunnelSpider (Versions 1&2)
http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17325&p=231690#p231690

RoMAD [Test Build]
http://forum.acgarage.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17299

Rabbit (Can't catch me 'cause the Rabbit don't die.)
//classified//
Chevalier
Raven
GamerTag: ChaseNetwork

Postby Chevalier » Thu May 24, 2012 5:54 pm

...wtf?
Xbox Live GamerTag: "ChaseNetwork"
Time Zone: Zulu+9
Core Nexus (NA-360) - Unit [36]
Proud AC Architect
Apollo
Veteran Raven

Postby Apollo » Fri May 25, 2012 7:19 pm

I don't know. It was a random error that popped up when I tried to post in the designs thread. Error -> Went to another thread and posted just fine -> Back to designs thread and SAME error -> waited 5 minutes -> Was able to post in designs thread as needed.

My AC's:

RoMAD [Test Build]

//classified//
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Fri May 25, 2012 9:16 pm

I used to have that error a LOT in there, never did figure out why it was Just there.
Apollo
Veteran Raven

Postby Apollo » Fri May 25, 2012 9:49 pm

It's gone now, no further problems.

My AC's:

RoMAD [Test Build]

//classified//
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Fri May 25, 2012 11:54 pm

I've got that error whenever I try to change my sig.
It's no longer about recreation, originality or ability. It's an endless series of xeroxed metabuilds, made by copycats and sheep. Armored Core, and its consumption of time, has become a hackneyed ruse. Armored Core has changed. Unoriginal players pilot unoriginal ACs, use unoriginal setups. Overpowered weapons on their mech atrophy and degenerate their abilities. Design copying. Weapon copying. Player copying. Tactic copying. Everything is observed, and then copied. Armored Core has changed.
Avenger
Cannon Rush
PSN: GV_IRONSOUL_GV
GamerTag: IronSoul89

Postby Avenger » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Testing for signs of life...
Armored Core is like Warcraft. It started off as a fun, challenging game geared toward a niche audience offering many fun, memorable nights, but then evolved into an online series complete with drama, exploits, and a fanbase of obsessive prepubescent gamers that would scream into their headsets and plot revenge against their fellow gamers as much as play the game. Either way it's memorable at least, right?
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:14 pm

...____
/
....@...\
\
..@..@../
...(..^..)
Creeee, creee...
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:53 am

*Squall pounces the Metroid from the shadows, doing unspeakable things before eating it*
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:43 am

Day 1 of Anime Expo 2012; walking around the merchant hall with Happy and a couple other friends and I step into a rather small merchant booth. Nothing too special, bunch of figures hanging on the wall, Ghost in the Shell, Terminator, Berserk, Predator, Metal Gear Solid, that kind of stuff. Neat, but whatever. Hidden deep in the corner however I spot an old Front Mission 3 figure. Oh hey sweet. I kneel down to take a look, and spot a couple more behind it.

Wait a sec.

Dude.

NO WAY.

BOO-YAH
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 am

HELL YES man, I have those!

Little word of advice though on them both....Emeraude AC, be VERY CAREFUL with the knees, they break easy, additionally the hip joints on BOTH tend to pop out of place readily at the slightest shift. THe figures contain AMAzING Detail but are QUITE Fragile at the joints as a tradeoff. My cousin was holding the Zio Matrix one, and sneezed, his hand jerked, and he broke the upper right arm off where it connects to the elbow joint on its rotational joint. Swapping hands is ALWAYS A gamble, just like any plugin peg hand set that has a knob at the end to keep it from constantly sliding out, the wrist joint on the forearm end of it is VERY TIGHT usually on these two, and the pegs are very thin and very prone to snagging in it, being what they are made out of is a hard vinyl like the forearm...Rubberized friction occurs in there. I had both Emeraude core joints get RUINED because I tried to just...Pivot one of the hands, and it broke off. Superglued the hand on. THe other, I was actively Changing the hand and it broke trying to remove it (THis happened before the prior break on the Other arm)

The Zio Matrix wrist joint seems to be a little less prone to it than the Emeraude one, but its still a risky move, so be prepared for a frustrating three hour attempt to pry a broken peg out with a sewing needle or something. or like I did finally, in the end, drilling out the joint, drilling out the hands after cutting off the pegs, and using revoltech joints to improve mobility on all parts as I did this to ALL of the joints) If you are just collecting to keep them mint in box, probably good there, but just...be prepared for something to break, they ARE an amazing find and I am not sorry, even knowing all of this, that I got them back when I did, back when AC2 was out in stores and JUST AC2, not AA. THe AC2AA series uses the same scale, same aterial, and the weapons/shoulders/backslots are all compatable. The Rest of the parts...Kinda. Like...the hips SORTA Fit in, the arms....Don't try it. The head seems to be the most compatable item on ALL of the AC2 and AA figures aside from the various weapon gear. I have all BUT the one with the basic bazooka from AC2 that had the head Strung used. I missed that one when it was out. I have ALL of the rest of the regular colors, INCLUDING A special green/grey/orange colorscheme set of the ACs from the AC2AA opening (which I also have in their regular colors) AND A Tanktype with the legs you Start With at the very begining as your first bipedal legs, and Grenade Launcher weapon arms and THREE different heads!

Holyshit the thing is epic.
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 am

Yeah, I've got all the other ones except for that 3rd AA one, the green and orange tank. I've never had a problem with the joints on any of the other models though, save for the Black and Silver HW with the Stealth, one of its leg parts that's supposed to turn doesn't, but other than that...
The thing I'm concerned about, I didn't want to keep them really MitB or anything, but since they were produced a while ago if swapping out the hand to hold weapons would cause a problem. Guess I've got time to think about it, not like I've got anyplace to display them right now anyway and the other figures are in storage.
Squall
Furry LoD

Postby Squall » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Well, if the handpeg breaks in swapping it....If you are not bothered with the wrist joint not turning anymore, you can always just....remove the peg on the handpart you want in, and pry the metal shaft out of a wall hanging pin thing (you know those colorful thumbtack like things) and just tap it in lightly with a hammer into the base of the hand where the peg used to be...then remove it, do the same to the wrist joint, and then just slide the hand onto that and use that as the connector. I did that with another one where the revoltech joint would have looked wrong on it.

Yeah and if you ever get the tank, GET IT, it really is worth the cost. That thing is NICE, and one of the sturdiest ones in the series I do think. I have had issues with the others over the years, but that one has not yet failed me in any way (the Lightweight biped from the AA intro, the normal darkchrome color one...the right hip broke, as in..the ball for the joint broke off of its connector base and is stuck in the right leg thigh socket, The Red Heavyweight from the same intro, the left shoulder broke when I was trying to swap it to see if the Grenade launcher weparms would fit on it, the right arm came off fine, the left.........not so much. I'm very careful with these things and it still happened, that an d it happened within a month of purchase. Nothing some glue won't fix, but with the hard plastic stuff.....use an intermediary material, like a piece of paper towel, between the broken segments. THe glue doesn't take t o the hard plastic so well, but it DOES take to the paper towel, which melts into a glue paste, that DOES adhere VERY well to the hard plastic.)
Fenrir
RocketMan
PSN: Steel_Scyther

Postby Fenrir » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Testing all the different effects I can play with in GIMP on my avatar :D
Griffon
Old Bird

Postby Griffon » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:29 pm

That looks pretty cool, not gonna lie.
The Joker
Chaotic Clown
PSN: Joker5_ACG

Postby The Joker » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:29 am

I heard a joke the other day...
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience"
- Anonymous

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
— Oscar Wilde

Return to “Test Forum”